Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing Aircon

AdamRace60

hi all,

ive never written before but been a member for a while.

im looking to remove my aircon but have realised that the timing belt is going to have to be changed.

so my question is. what size timing belt do i need?

will a belt for a celica without aircon suffice?

its a 1994 st205 gt4 by the way!

thanks

adam

ps, please dont judge the red grill, my friend said it would look good - i have my doubts!

post-80027-1258050810_thumb.jpg

welcome to the club.

fensport do a air con removal kit which will give you all that is needed, one idler pully and the belt.

www.fensport.com

I run this kit on my car, no problems at all and fits fine and also has the option for an over sized alternator pulley aswell.

Mike

Yeh i got the over sized pulley, its not really needed to be honest. Have you installed all your gauges yet AJ? If so what ignition wiring are you running them off and how many are you running off each one.

no not yet. i was just going to run them off the same as what my boost gauge is running off. how many gauges can each wire handle?

I dont know, was just wondering how many you could run say off the cig lighter before it blows the fuse.

i couldnt see them using that much power. I have the boost controller running off the cig lighter so might avoid using that one again. what gauges are you planning on having?

Oil temp, oil pressure, water temp, boost gauge, wideband fuel/air gauge for the moment. I need to run water injection off somewhere too, after seeing lee's and doing a bit of research this is a great thing to have and its not too hard to install.

yeh that is the same as i am running, bar the lamba sensor (for now anyway)

yeh was looking into that, will be getting the throttle body off the mr2, which i think is the same set up as lee.

what system will you be going for?

I have no idea yet, probably aquamist or snow, maybe even aem, they all seem to do pretty good kits. Just going to keep it simple and run it off the pressure sensor u get with them rather than run it off the ecu. Yeh whats that thing with mr2 throttle body, i forgot what he told me about that now.

yeh i wouldnt be running mine through the ecu either. haha, i am in the same boat, i honestly can remember why, think it prevents the fmic pipework from blowing out the throttle body, easier to instal the water injection and a better point of contact for the water aswell. forgive me lee if i am talkin s***e

welcome to the club.

fensport do a air con removal kit which will give you all that is needed, one idler pully and the belt.

www.fensport.com

Thanks, google really didnt help me!

many reasons,

i never use air con

it needs recharging anyway

weight

and getting a front mount soon!

thanks again for your replies!

Same reasons i did it except mine wasn't empty and mine also has a run roof so no big loss.