Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlight Bulbs....

Raeman

I've always just "left it" and pushed the new connector on - but a drop of Vaseline on the contacts is probably a good idea to prevent corrosion - as long as you don't touch the glass part of the bulb with your fingers - especially after getting vaseline on them - as that will create a hot spot on the glass and cause it to blow.

If you do ever touch the glass of a headlight bulb with your fingers, clean it with a microfibre cloth and meths....

What sort of meths? Also, on the note of meths... What ones are friendly towards glass and rubber and what aren't?

meths = methylated spirits. There's only one sort.

Its ok on glass (but I've never heard of it being used for anything but to remove grease from headlight bulbs...) but I wouldn't use it on rubber as it will strip any nutriants out....

Drove the wifes 1.4D today and realised that both our cars have completely rubbish headlights, I never realised quite how poor they are.

Just reseved two sets of Halfords +90% bulbs on the BOGOFF offer. Hopefully no more quinting to see whats coming up :)

As I have been using my upgraded Halfords +90% bulbs for 2 weeks now, here is a little report back.

on the H4 bulbs in the Yaris, the difference is fantastic. On one of the lanes near me I find much less need to use main beam so I am really pleased with the result. On my Zafira with H7 dipped beam the difference is less noticable, but the originals were better anyway and probably mounted slightly higher up. IMO upgraded bulbs are the best £20-25 you can spend

I called off at my local Halfrauds today and had a look at those 90% brighter bulbs they do.

I have ordered off e-bay some philips x-treme H4's for the Yaris so they should arrive next week sometime.

I priced the Halfords ones for my Accord as it takes H7's for the dipped and H1's for the main beam

The bulbs were £24.99 each..EACH!! :o That would be a shade under £100 for 4 bulbs!! Don't think so Halfords. :censor:

So now it's back to e-bay for my Accord bulbs. :yes:

Get some Philips Xtreme for your Accord on eBay mate. E-mail the sellers and ask them if they'd do you a deal on four perhaps? I'm sure one of them will say yes. Never ever buy anything from Halfrauds. They're ludicrously expensive and often have inexperienced staff who are more interested in their personal affairs then assisting you. If you ask them a question they often stare at you blankly or mumble some inaudible reply. Bunch of codswalloping hooternannying pipsqueaking sourcrouting lemmings if you ask me!

I used to get all of my bits and bobs from The Motorists Discount Centre. However, I now found an autoparts factors express bloke who gives me parts at trade prices and drops them off too for free! Even cheaper than Motorists Discount Centres too.

I'll stick some meths on my side and passengers' windows before applying Rain-X shall I?

they've done H7 in philips x-treme for a long while - I have them in my audi - and they've recently brought out H1s too.

regal bulbs certainly do all three fittings and I'm sure a google search will find more outlets...

Just bought two sets of the 90% xtreeme from Halfrauds (bogof) £19 for each set.

Installed in both Yaris's and just been out for a test drive - WOW - I can see again :) Well worth the upgrade, and for £19 each car dont think its too bad.

Wifes yaris is in for its MOT this week, hope they dont fail it for being too bright lol

I have not read the other posts but my opinion is that you can put HID xenon.I have put this on my Yaris(but Bi-Xenon) and the light is...WOW very bright,very white and I only gave 150 BGN (This is around 70 GBP).

P.S. It doesnt flash other drivers,like most cars with reflector headlights do.

On the subject of lighting I bought a LED one that was supposed to be much brighter than the manufacturer fitted interior light but it isn’t. If anything it’s a lot dimmer. Casts a nice ambient blue light in the cabin but isn’t practical at all. Any suggestions on where I might be able to find a really bright interior light?

• 4 weeks later...

Well, finally today i got round to fitting my Philips X-treme H4 bulbs and wow what a difference! :o

Not even that tricky to do, infact nowhere near as tricky as fitting them to my Accord but still a bit fiddly on the passenger side.

The difference is fantastic, really pleased with the results and so worth it on any car i think.

Treated it to 2 new front Avon's aswell today so it's got it's xmas pressies afterall. :lol:

They make the snow look so much brighter......

They make the snow look so much brighter......

That's so true! alfie! :lol:

I thought that tonight whilst driving, makes the snow look luminous...and quite beautiful. :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links