Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gt4 Suspension ¬

licksrpm

hi i have a gt4 and i know the suspensions parts can need changing mine i think is due and i just wanted to know what exactly i need so i can try and order it along with new coilovers very great fully if you can help !!

im sure its top mounts arms? and fig 8

info please and where can i get these bits

You'll need fig 8 (camber control link), sub assembly arm no1 (lower arm no1) and a crush tube, the tubes can be got from TCBParts. There is also sub assembly arm no2 (banana arm) but these don't tend to need replacing unless you've had some sort of hard impact on the wheel.

Thats enough to do one side, obviously if doing driver and passenger you'll need two lots, the lower arms are sided so make sure you order the correct side if only doing one side.

I did both sides on mine in the summer and it was £660 for the parts, excluding banana arms as I didn't change mine as they were fine. Got my bits from japarts and thats the cheapest you'll find them unfortunately!!

While your changing all that and putting coilovers on you may aswell do the top mounts, false economy not to whilst its all apart. Might want to change the drop links too if they haven't been done, guy on eBay sells them cheapest I believe.

You'll need fig 8 (camber control link), sub assembly arm no1 (lower arm no1) and a crush tube, the tubes can be got from TCBParts. There is also sub assembly arm no2 (banana arm) but these don't tend to need replacing unless you've had some sort of hard impact on the wheel.

Thats enough to do one side, obviously if doing driver and passenger you'll need two lots, the lower arms are sided so make sure you order the correct side if only doing one side.

I did both sides on mine in the summer and it was £660 for the parts, excluding banana arms as I didn't change mine as they were fine. Got my bits from japarts and thats the cheapest you'll find them unfortunately!!

While your changing all that and putting coilovers on you may aswell do the top mounts, false economy not to whilst its all apart. Might want to change the drop links too if they haven't been done, guy on ebay sells them cheapest I believe.

cheers and am doing both sides . basicly she get a warn bush crunch creak noise and its only at the front so is it only front that will needs doing and cheers mate il have to get hunting

No probs mate,

luckily its standard suspension setup on the rear so not too bad money wise ;)

No probs mate,

cheers mate :) do you know any good coilovers to go for i was lookin at bc fully adjustable but theyre a few quid any ideas ?

No probs mate,

cheers mate :) do you know any good coilovers to go for i was lookin at bc fully adjustable but theyre a few quid any ideas ?

drop links ! hmmmm do they go buy any other names ?

also i have looked for those parts u told me i would need and cant find it i have looked on japarts.co.uk id realy be greatfull if you could help me

bc suspension are made in the same place as d2, to be honest these are the cheapest suspension you may find. I think you said kyb are good paul arent they pretty good moneywise?

No probs mate,

drop links ! hmmmm do they go buy any other names ?

also i have looked for those parts u told me i would need and cant find it i have looked on japarts.co.uk id realy be greatfull if you could help me

Drop links also known as anti roll bar links. Chap on eBay sells the front ones for about £35 each I think just do a search on ebay: st205 drop links

http://www.japarts.co.uk/shop/index.php?sh...2308_2309_15002

The fig 8's (3rd down), lower arm no1 (6th and 7th down) and they now sell the crush tubes (8th down)

1 fig 8, 1 lower arm and 1 crush tube is what you need to do one side.

bc suspension are made in the same place as d2, to be honest these are the cheapest suspension you may find. I think you said kyb are good paul arent they pretty good moneywise?

Yeah Ive got KYB excel G shocks on mine with TRD top mounts and TRD springs. Got them from sutton auto factors, £350 for all 4 delivered, 20% uprated over stock apparently and I think you can get the 4 way adjustable ones too, similar to the TRD ones but alot cheaper!!

Not sure on what coilovers would be best as my car is used 99% of the time on the road and I prefer my spine to stay where it is!!

Yeh i'd prefer your setup as mine is just too hard even in the softest setting but then again they will come in handy for a bit of drifting, pump the rear tires up and set rear suspension on hard.

Yeh i'd prefer your setup as mine is just too hard even in the softest setting but then again they will come in handy for a bit of drifting, pump the rear tires up and set rear suspension on hard.

realy 350 ? i saw the bc kit for 650 ? n cheers lads il have to see if a freinds got eBay i had trouble with my account :( dont realy like eBay lol

realy 350 ? i saw the bc kit for 650 ? n cheers lads il have to see if a freinds got eBay i had trouble with my account :( dont realy like eBay lol

and just to make sure am i after the straight arms not banannas ?

because ones 165 one is 249 sorry to go on about this

Yes mate its the straight arms at 249, don't worry about asking lots of questions!! We all had to start somewhere ;)

Yes mate its the straight arms at 249, don't worry about asking lots of questions!! We all had to start somewhere ;)

spot on il give it a few weeks get some more pennys lol n cheers lads

spot on il give it a few weeks get some more pennys lol n cheers lads

are bc coilover realy that bad i only saw them in a jap car mag n thought it was a deal lol hope there not the equivelant of gmax

Any sort of coilovers are going to be harsh on the road.

Good for track use and ultra smooth roads but I would hate to live with them day to day on a road car.

Sutton Auto Factors mate. Theres a thread on the OC about discounts from another supplier for them but can't remember who they are. Still £350 for all four with vat and delivery ain't bad ;)