Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possibly A New 2006 Celica Gt Owner

linty264

Hey guys just looking to find out is anyone running 18s on their gt and what offset, PCD, tyre size etc are they the set of wheels im after are 18x8.5 are these too wide for it and could the standard suspension pull off the look? What induction kits are the most popular ive been lookin at the injen induction kit that sits at the bottom of the bumper or the typhoon which i had on the corolla. Strut braces are there any underbody braces on these standard and would you fit front and rear uppers?

Thanks for any responses

Linty264

As regards Rims and Tyres, look for 7.5 or 8J, PCD 5x100 with an Offset of around 35. Tyres should be 225/35 front and 225/40 rear. As the GT has the TTE lowering Springs with a drop of around 30mm as standard, it will "pull off the look" as you call it. Please let me know if you want to sell the standard 17" Wheels.

A front upper Brace is quite a common addition, a rear upper less so.

I'm not a fan of Induction Kits on the Gen 7, so will refrain from commenting.

I know you haven't asked, but prices for a 2006 GT start at around £9K. Thunder Grey is the most common colour, with Storm Blue being the most sought after.

HTH :)

As regards Rims and Tyres, look for 7.5 or 8J, PCD 5x100 with an Offset of around 35. Tyres should be 225/35 front and 225/40 rear. As the GT has the TTE lowering Springs with a drop of around 30mm as standard, it will "pull off the look" as you call it. Please let me know if you want to sell the standard 17" Wheels.

A front upper Brace is quite a common addition, a rear upper less so.

I'm not a fan of Induction Kits on the Gen 7, so will refrain from commenting.

I know you haven't asked, but prices for a 2006 GT start at around £9K. Thunder Grey is the most common colour, with Storm Blue being the most sought after.

HTH :)

cheers mate is it because the gt doesnt need a rear brace or just people dont like the back end being so tight? Ill be holding onto the gt wheels for definite lol. And why dont you like induction kits on the gen7? ive my eye on a red one in mailland uk atm but i would like storm blue.

There's more work needed in fitting the rear upper than the front and they are a little too intrusive for some peoples tastes. The VVTL-i comes highly tuned as stock, Induction Kits very often bring up a CEL and only really make more noise with very little if any performance gains.

I'd also think long and hard about fitting 18's, both the performance and handling are adversely affected. Mine are only on the car for 4/5 months of the year during the Show season.

Might just stick with the standard wheels then, the only wheels id be puttin on are ultralite atec2's and as for the induction kit I had no bother with the typhoon on my corolla t sport just had to extend the sensor cable. What kinda work is envolved in fitting the rear strut brace, i had the rear trd one in the corolla which the trim needed cut for, but fitted perfect, dont mind it being intrusive as long as it works well.