Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Cracked My Head On The Bootlid.....

alfiejts

As per the title - I'm only 5'8" but the hatchback lid of our 2008 SR didn't fully open last night in the cold weather and I didn't half crack my head on the edge of the lid as I leant in to get something out of the boot.

I never noticed that problem in the eight years we had our Mk1 nor last year when the Mk2 was new....

I presume the cold weather has caused the gas struts to become less effective and they didn't fully open the boot lid - but has anyone else had the same issue and done something about it or is this a one off with my car?

(or am I just turning into a grumpy old man.......)

Hurts eh? :lol:

I've done this loads of times with my Accord Hatchback, doesn't help with me being 6ft 3" though! :lol:

Never done it with the Yaris as it opens higher, another great design feature of the car. :D

I presume the cold weather has caused the gas struts to become less effective and they didn't fully open the boot lid - but has anyone else had the same issue and done something about it or is this a one off with my car?

(or am I just turning into a grumpy old man.......)

YES!!! :P ;) :lol:

I do not get that problem on the Merc :P B) ..................but must be careful with my sons Aygo! :unsure:

The gas struts do become less efficient in the cold weather...............simple physics ;)

Be more carefull next time its cold :lol::lol:

Mines always done the same, although I manage to remember most of the time and avoid any accidents.

It does hurt though...you have my sympathy!

"OWW!!!! G**DA**** F****** SONOFA************"

:lol:

"OWW!!!! G**DA**** F****** SONOFA************"

:lol:

Yep, thats usually what i say everytime i do it! :lol:

I usually open the boot lid and wait for it to extend fully before doing anything and when closing it I make sure my head and any other limbs are well out of the way!

Thats what you have eyes for. Open them and look for obstructions :lol:

Thats what you have eyes for. Open them and look for obstructions :lol:

I wonder how the visually impaired manage? ;)

It was dark and wet. My 4'11" wife had opened the tailgate and I was just trying to quickly reach in to help her get the last bag out of the boot before running into the house....

So I claim mitigating and chivalrous factors to all those who are suggesting its my own silly fault.... :cacker:

Awww, short girls are cute. Since you were trying to be chivalrous, I'll let you off! Ha ha.

I believe ### the driving test prevents them from driving.

### I sincerely hope so... :-)

Noticed that my 1.8 SR is also doing this, I have to push it up - the wifes 1.4 doesnt seem to suffer from this.

I also notice that it sometimes takes a few goes to get the boot to actually shut, again not a problem the 1.4 suffers from.

I believe ### the driving test prevents them from driving.

### I sincerely hope so... :-)

It does not prevent them from being passengers and putting things in the hatchback though :P ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links