Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Avensis 1.6 Vvti

ncc98071

Hi

My brother has a 04 avensis, 1.6vvti.He was driving it today and the oil light started to flash, he no more than myself is not very mechanically minded. so he stopped and filled the car up with oil, was not too low when he stopped. drove on another bit and light still flashing , then heard a rattle coming from the bonnet, had to go a miel or two more then to get somewhere to park the car. any ideas what would be the cause of this or has he done any damage with the rattle noise happening

any advise be greatly appreciated, he has to get it towed to garage tomorrow but is worried that he is in for a huge bill before xmas

thanks

Flashing oil lights and engine rattles ain't a good combination I'm afraid. There is a possibilty it may be something relatively simple but you'll not know until it has been examined.:)

cheers jamesbelfast, fingers crossed it is just something sensible, but I have told him to be expecting a large bill to get it sorted,

Hi

My brother has a 04 avensis, 1.6vvti.He was driving it today and the oil light started to flash, he no more than myself is not very mechanically minded. so he stopped and filled the car up with oil, was not too low when he stopped. drove on another bit and light still flashing , then heard a rattle coming from the bonnet, had to go a miel or two more then to get somewhere to park the car. any ideas what would be the cause of this or has he done any damage with the rattle noise happening

any advise be greatly appreciated, he has to get it towed to garage tomorrow but is worried that he is in for a huge bill before xmas

thanks

HI NCC,

I afraid your brother might be needing a new engine,..the reason i say this is i bought a new avensis 1.6 vvti in 2004...i end up putting to two more engines in it from new, it had three engines all together..the problem is this, there a small hole in the sump area and it gets blocked, the oil cannot circulate and the the engine collapses thats what it sounds like to me.. just beofore i sold might the engine management light came on again..it usually happens around the 50 thousand mark..its a problem toyota knows all about there was a recall on them as far as i now worth a try..they are pure junk i would nt touch a avensis ever again..cost me €2500 for the last engine and fitted, had lots more problems with it..toyota my ***** hope all is well with it..regards