Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Greetings All

b1ackb1rd

Greetings all, it's been almost 3 years to the month since I sold my hearing aid beige D4D for a Golf GTTDI ... I'm now back, and it's a bit more stylish than the last one!

I will be collecting a black face-lift Yaris diesel with the fancy MMT (?) gearbox next Saturday. 14k miles on an 07 plate.

Anyone got any experiences, comments before I Shell out the cash?

MMT gearbox? Hearing aid beige colour? What in Gods name possessed you to buy a car in that colour? Almost as bad as those who buy a car in pink or cat puke bronze colour… Red is a good colour for a Yaris :D

MMT gearbox? Hearing aid beige colour? What in Gods name possessed you to buy a car in that colour? Almost as bad as those who buy a car in pink or cat puke bronze colour… Red is a good colour for a Yaris :D

The MMT cos I spend all day in slow traffic, diesel MMT's are apparently a lot smoother than petrols.

My old gold D4D? Cos they were pretty rare at the time, I just took the first colour I could find. It went well with a tuning box and a jetex air filter.

How does the new MMT compare with the old one out of curiosity?

What is MMT first of all and tuning box and jetex air filter? Eh? What are these, how do they improve performance and where can you get them from?

MMT is the 'Multi-Mode Transmission', basically Toyota's version of the semi-auto (i.e. computer controlled clutch and gear selection).

Tuning box is just a Black Box that you plug into the engine which does some electronics wizardry to increase HP/torque and insurance premiums :P

The jetex air filter is, I assume, a replacement filter panel for the air box in the car (In my Yaris D4D, it's located in the big black box on the right hand side as you're looking into the bonnet. Undo a couple of clips and you can get at it pretty easily).

'Performance' filters let the engine 'breathe' a bit easier at the cost of letting more particulate crap in (Sort of like the difference between breathing through your mouth or your nose, but no where near that big a difference I suspect.)

Jetex are a company in Stratford on Avon, they make cracking air filters at what I would describe as sensible prices rather than the rip off K&N prices.

The tuning box added nothing to my premiums (Liverpool Victoria if anyone's interested) but transformed the performance of my D4D.

Can't wait to see how the new D4D performs compared to my old 2002 model

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links