19 replies to this topic

#1 scott5

scott5

• TOC Supporter
  • 415 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: corolla 1.4 vvti and in progress a t-sport corolla turbo

Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:57 PM

dose any one no any good places to buy a 2zz-ge engine from ? or no if any one is selling one ??
thanks scott

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 -T- Sport

-T- Sport

Top Rank Poster!

• TOC Supporter Plus
  • 3,260 posts
  • First Name:Key
  • Toyota Model: None atm :(
  • Year: 2011

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:08 PM

I believe Fensport can provide one.

Actually. I just checked.. it's a bare engine that needs a rebuilt due to bent valves. 400.

#3 -T- Sport

-T- Sport

Top Rank Poster!

• TOC Supporter Plus
  • 3,260 posts
  • First Name:Key
  • Toyota Model: None atm :(
  • Year: 2011

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:11 PM

Erm, Infact. Just found another part of the site.

They do have one.

"1 x complete Engine 2zz-ge with all ancillaries, gearbox, Loom & ecu, linkages mounts etc only 13,000 miles: 2500.00"

#4 scott5

scott5

• TOC Supporter
  • 415 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:32 PM

They do have one.

"1 x complete Engine 2zz-ge with all ancillaries, gearbox, Loom & ecu, linkages mounts etc only 13,000 miles: 2500.00"

thanks mate didnt realise they had engine. mm not sure on the engine with bent valves may need to much head work. and the full engine is a possabilty thats wat am looking for :D thank mate :thumbsup:

#5 scott5

scott5

• TOC Supporter
  • 415 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:27 PM

They do have one.

any one else no ware to buy a 2zz-ge engine ?? fensport dont have any engine left there all sold :(???

#6 szuti

szuti

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Toyota Model: Corolla TS 2005

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:53 PM

There is a lot on the ebay...

#7 farhanali89

farhanali89

2ZZ-GE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts
  • Toyota Model: Corolla T-Sport

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:35 PM

fensports one was a good deal 2500 is not to steep when you consider you get all the parts with it. Also while its all out and open go for stronger valves and springs you wont regret it later. Then be as mean as you want. If i had a garage to do the work i would take the time out to remove the head and throw some stronger valves in there simply to keep that bottom end strong when i track the car.

Seeing as youll be buying a new engine im sure you can take 2 weeks out to just chuck some stronger components in there.

Onto a more important point alot of the engines on ebay are on a part ex basis you give them ur old damaged engine and they give you a recon. They wont however give you the manifolds, ecu, etc Just the bare head and block most of the time. Thats where the costs add up with the 1200 quid ebay ones. Non the less look for a breaking t-sport and grab it from there, Theres alot of written off t-sports :(

#8 scott5

scott5

• TOC Supporter
  • 415 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:30 PM

fensports one was a good deal 2500 is not to steep when you consider you get all the parts with it. Also while its all out and open go for stronger valves and springs you wont regret it later. Then be as mean as you want. If i had a garage to do the work i would take the time out to remove the head and throw some stronger valves in there simply to keep that bottom end strong when i track the car.

Seeing as youll be buying a new engine im sure you can take 2 weeks out to just chuck some stronger components in there.

Onto a more important point alot of the engines on ebay are on a part ex basis you give them ur old damaged engine and they give you a recon. They wont however give you the manifolds, ecu, etc Just the bare head and block most of the time. Thats where the costs add up with the 1200 quid ebay ones. Non the less look for a breaking t-sport and grab it from there, Theres alot of written off t-sports :(

yeah fensports was a bargain to me for what you got but e-mailed nd there all gone. yeah i was just looking at them on ebay and i think all them are exchange units. iv found a few breakers whit corolla and celicas so fingers crossed. i dont want to do a part exchange as am keeping the 1.4 in the car to run about in till iv spend a lil bit of money on the 1.8 engine take a few weeks of wok and fit it all.
thanks for the info farhanali89 :thumbsup:

#9 t-sport786

t-sport786

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Toyota Model: Corolla T-Sport

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:38 PM

Mate the best thing would be to get the cylinder head going on ebay...its going cheap an as its just the head you can get all the necessary parts like pistons valves etc.. yourself and it may be worth looking it uograding the parts you put in as farhan said.

#10 scott5

scott5

• TOC Supporter
  • 415 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:46 PM

Mate the best thing would be to get the cylinder head going on ebay...its going cheap an as its just the head you can get all the necessary parts like pistons valves etc.. yourself and it may be worth looking it uograding the parts you put in as farhan said.

but ill need a block as well as the block will be diffrent to the cylinder head or am i wrong?? if the head will fit to my block and all i have to do is change the bottom end parts happys days i will buy that cylinder head i seen on ebay and upgrade it as farhan said :D

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users