Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Passenger Window Seal Question

waxxy

ive just noticed that as its been getting colder and wetter my windows especially in the back are getting very very bad condensation on them and no matter how high i have my heaters they wont get clear.the front ones do but the rear ones are always very very wet.so today i thought id have a look around and see if i could see anything weird and the only thing i could see was in the rear door windows at the top corners the rubber seals dont touch the frame in one door its pretty bad it looks like its come away a few millimieters and you can clearly see it.

i was wondering would this be the problem and as my cars still under warrnty its brand new and only 6 months old would this be covered under my warrenty?or could it be something else causing the very bad condensation?

also today on my delivery i thought id check out a few more yaris 5 door cars too see if there seals have come away at the top and sure enough they all did granted they wernt as bad as mine but they all had some kind of gap and it looks really ugly.

is it a fault with all yaris?

Waxxy this is my first winter with my 3 door Yaris and I also have condensation problems although with the blower on the screen and heated rear window on it will clear but very irritating.

Make sure you're using your air conditioning in the winter as this takes the moisture out of the air.

I hardly need to use the rear screen heater and high blower speeds, unless there are people in the rear of the car on a wet day - I find that the aircon keeps the interior clear of mist - both front and back...

And whether you need to or not, turn your air conditioning on for at least ten minutes each week or so to make sure that the gas it contains is properly circulated - as this lubricates the internal seals.

If you don't use it enough, they will deteriorate and system will start to leak and lose pressure and efficiency more quickly than if you use it regularly.

Unless you are getting rain coming in and running down the inside of your windows, the seals are doing their job and its not them causing the issue...

Try the aircon....

Make sure your carpets and other upholstery is dry. If all is well then obviously you have no water leaks. I’d be surprised if your Yaris did leak as they have double seals on the doors.

Regarding the condensation, as alfiejts said, use your air con, it will be clear within seconds just make sure you turn the heating up as you will freeze!

ive checked the doors again today with my dad and it looks like the rubber holding the windows in has shrunk or not been properly put in.on the driver rear passengers side its only a small gap at the top of the corner of the window but on the other rear window its got a 5 mil gap and you can see were its still sealed to the top of the window frame solidly because if you touch it the top rubber moves so its still solidly stuck together.

ive tried the aircon thing and it does work but the car gets mega cold so you put the heaters on then it steams up again you cant win lol..my wife keeps putting the heaters on and has it set on the setting were it shows a man sat down and a arrow pointing at his legs and a arrow pointing at the windows she has it set to outside air intake and has it on number 2...is this a ok setting?or which other one do you suggest ?or am i best just sticking to aircon and if so do i have it constantly on or do it in short bursts and also whats best setting to use for aircon..air outside in take a inside car recurculatray?

also does anyone think the rubber seal thing is serious and should i take it back as its only 6 months old or should i not worry about it?

i noticed some more yaris cars with the same problem on asda today ..has anyone checked there rear door windows to see if there rubbers not flush to the door frame too like mine?

there's no reason you can't use the aircon with the heater on "hot" - it'll still demist and give out heat at the same time....

the other thing we've done is go and buy a "cabin filter" (ours was £5 from "Partco") and that seems to have helped too, by keeping some of the moist air out when the car is left outside overnight.

It just fits in above the heater behind the glovebox.

The latest 2009 models have a cabin (pollen) filter fitted as standard (so yours might) but until 2009, it was only fitted to models with full climate control.

if you're worried about the door seal, take it in to the dealer and see what they say...

yeah mine has a pollen filter im sure it has as i only got it in august 2009 it was a brand new yaris tr 1.0.

i never knew you could have aircon and heater on at sametime..i thought you could only have either aircon or heater on but not both at sametime.

ive noticed too that when it gets really cold at night the windows get frosty or damp just like any car does but the one with the seal i was talking about gets a white moisture line all way around the inside of the window but the others dont its just that one also its the window my babys chair is do you think this could have something to do with the moisture problem?

its worth checking the filter to make sure...

its dead easy...

1) Remove the lower glovebox.

Open it and then squeeze the sides in at the top to get past the "stops" and to let it fall fully out.

2) Remove the cover plate on the filter.

You'll see a long thin rectangular plate above the heater with little "squeeze" clips at each end.

Squeeze the clips at the end of this and open the cover.

If there's a filter in it, behind the cover, its obvious. If there's a big black hole behind the cover plate, you haven't got a pollen filter...

Given your luck with your car since you bought it, 50p says you haven't got one! :-)

lol...knowing my luck with this car if i attempt to find a filter my car will explode lol..

i remember the salesman said it had pollen filtters on it because i remember i said im glad because i suffer from bad hayfever and he said itd help me ..in my old car i traded in it had no pollen filter and if i was driving on a high pollen day or near farms my eyes would start watering badly and i found it hard to breath but this new car in summer was fine.