Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Often Do You Change Your Pollen Filter

nrgizerbunny

Just changed my pollen filter and wow the difference in air flow is quite noticeable. I had a few dead wasps, plenty of soot and all sorts of muck in there!

how often do you change yours?

Just changed my pollen filter and wow the difference in air flow is quite noticeable. I had a few dead wasps, plenty of soot and all sorts of muck in there!

Ive never changed mine, fans do seem a

bit week where is it?

Never be tempted to blow it out, they should always be changed, the tiny particulates that are trapped in the filter can harm you if blown out :yes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Ive never changed mine, fans do seem a

bit week where is it?

open the glovebox, remove the screw on the left handside, pull the glove box out and the filter is basically in front of you. its behind a small plastic planel.

Yep the difference in airflow is astounding after the filter change. I do it every yr. Have a good eBay contact that sells Denso pollen filters for £5 if you buy it as part of a kit (oil filter etc).

i want to change mine been considering it i removed it yesterday for fun to have a look but then i thought no mroe spending money as i have bigger purchases to worry about but i will do mine ;)

Pollen filters ideally should be changed at least every year or more often if you park under trees. I change mine towards the end of October after the Autumn leaf-fall has finished. On some cars it also possible to get filters which contain activated carbon which helps reduce the traffic fumes - very popular with people who have respiratory problems such as asthma, etc. The heater blower relies on a decent air flow to keep its inners cool so any restricted air flow can shorten its life-span. The last pollen filter (sometimes refered to as cabin filter) I bought cost a whole tenner - very little money in my view to ensure a decent cabin environment.:)

For reference the link below gives filter part numbers for three different brands of filters in 7 languages and in some cases also has a downloadable pdf file for fitting.

http://www.filtrauto.com/site/FO/scripts/m...d=2〈=EN

Not changed mine in three years... :blink:

Anybody got a decent place for 'em? xD

• 1 month later...
*Stealer.

I'llsee how much Kingo sells 'em for. :D

Considering it seems an easy part to change how much is an OEM pollen filter?

*Stealer.

I got one in my local motor factors for €8.40 (euros!!).

*Stealer.

I'm sure there about £25+VAT!

*Stealer.

I got one in my local motor factors for €8.40 (euros!!).

Got one for €11.40 in local motor factors :(

Some after-market pollen filters may be available in two versions. One is just a bog standard paper filter and the other contains activated carbon which helps filter out traffic fumes. Obviously the latter is more expensive. So when comparing prices it may well be worth asking what type it is. The carbon type can be beneficial for drivers or passengers who suffer from respiratory problems such as asthma.:)

just after looking up the ould receipts and my last filter was on 27/05/2008, done by Mr.T while in for a service, cost €29.77

hum, guess where ill be going for my next one ?????

just after looking up the ould receipts and my last filter was on 27/05/2008, done by Mr.T while in for a service, cost €29.77

Got a similar quote from Mr. T so decided to get a spurious one for much cheaper. Would always get genuine Toyota parts but whos going to be looking at a pollen filter???? :lol:

Got a similar quote from Mr. T so decided to get a spurious one for much cheaper. Would always get genuine Toyota parts but whos going to be looking at a pollen filter???? :lol:

i always do aswell, but lately iav been thinking, toyota dont even make the parts so why spend 10 times the money for something they put a toyota stamp on, there was the fuel pump i had to get, toyota wanted €2000, i got a brand new Bosch one for €350, !!!

The link below alloys you to search and cross reference filters (oil, air, fuel, and cabin) for three differnt brands in 7 different languages.

Whilst not giving a price it will give the relevant part numbers so you can then search the web for the best price.:)

http://www.filtrauto.com/catalogues2008/FO...les.php?lang=GB

Finally got round to changing mine today....

Nice new filter...

20012010196.jpg

Dunno how long it's been since it was last changed, but at least the old filter isn't that dirty...

20012010195.jpg

:o

Huge difference in air flow now!! :lol:

The link below alloys you to search and cross reference filters (oil, air, fuel, and cabin) for three differnt brands in 7 different languages.

Whilst not giving a price it will give the relevant part numbers so you can then search the web for the best price.:)

http://www.filtrauto.com/catalogues2008/FO...les.php?lang=GB

I have the 1.4 and it only says oil filter for mine?