Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2002 Avensis High Level Brake Light

carozaco

On the first really cold night of the winter the central (high-level) brake light on my 2002 Avensis 1.8vvi has suddenly decided to think about giving up the ghost - instead of glowing brightly along it's whole length, it seems to light up in just one narrow section of the bulb (if that makes sense?)

It is a case of renewing a whole unit or fitting a bulb - and if so, is it a difficult job, please?

Thanks very much in anticipation.

On the first really cold night of the winter the central (high-level) brake light on my 2002 Avensis 1.8vvi has suddenly decided to think about giving up the ghost - instead of glowing brightly along it's whole length, it seems to light up in just one narrow section of the bulb (if that makes sense?)

It is a case of renewing a whole unit or fitting a bulb - and if so, is it a difficult job, please?

You don't say which type of body your vehicle is but in there is a plastic cover either above the lamp or in the boot lid below it which can be removed by squeezing the sides or levering out to reveal the bulb holder(s).

Fitter

You don't say which type of body your vehicle is but in there is a plastic cover either above the lamp or in the boot lid below it which can be removed by squeezing the sides or levering out to reveal the bulb holder(s).

Fitter

Thanks very much for that - it's an Avensis hatchback, by the way.

Fitter

Thanks very much for that - it's an Avensis hatchback, by the way.

Then it should be a bulb :D

Yup! A bulb it was (is). I removed it, gave the contacts a good clean, put it back and now it appears to work OK!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links