Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance Fraud? A Bit Weary

4dgrls

ok so i bought a car...was in an accident but was fixed and now its leaking through the boot. got hold of the old owner and she told me that it was in an extremely minor accident and the insurance company wrote it off....bent chassis.. but its back on the market and i bought it. they told her it would be 6 thousand to fix and the insurance company bought it for something like 2 thousand and on sold it... my argument is why would they buy it for 2k when it costs 6k to fix and on sell it for 3800.. also now i have a car or potectially have a car with a bent chassis. its a toyota corolla 1995. what are some ways of checking for a bent chassis? tape messure? also is there a limit as to how bent it can be before its illegal and would a warrent place pickup a bent chassis? so if i were to take it for a warrent and it passed would that mean it doesnt have a bent chassis? any input is appreciated as i bought this car to get away from ROBLEMS!! other then the leaking and the chassis it runs mint! beaeutyful car but i feel someone was ripped off down the line. either me of the seller from the insurance company..

ONE more thing... if i were to get hold of the insurance company and find out who did the panel work..would that be under warrenty still as the leaking is due to poor panel work splitting at the seems of the panels.(if you know what i mean). or would the insurance company not give that info out.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Why 2 threads? :lol:

I've answered in the Corolla section ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links