KiwiMR2

Top Rank Poster!

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts
  • Toyota Model: 1979 Mini Cooper 1.3i & Mitsi Libero GT

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:22 AM

Hi guys

I'm at my wit's end with this car & am looking for some help........

I imported a 2002 Toyota Duet, it's really a Daihatsu Sirion badged as a Toyota. Any regardless I lost the only key for it - normally not a biggie but whoever had this made at the factory selected the Toyota immobilizer option....this also meant a transponder key.

I got in behind the ignition so I could try start it & that was when I discovered it had the factory immobilizer as it would turn over but not start.

Our man in Japan sent over a Toyota remote programed to that exact car, lock & unlock - when I pushed unlock the lights would flash, doors unlock, & deactivate the immobilizer as I could now start it, just not move it without the key to unlock the steering etc.

Anyway the battery went flat & when I put the new on in I discovered it'd blown the main fuse - I replaced the fush & had power, problem is now although the remote unlocks & locks it no longer appears to be deactivating the immobilizer as once again it just turns over but won't start.

Any idea why the remote is only performing half the job?

Cheers
Andy

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 un1que3

un1que3

• Registered Member
  • 1 posts
  • First Name:Joe
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: matrix
  • Year: 2003

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:01 PM

Its the first time I have found someone that actually ordered the remote programer. I would like to know more info in how you ordered it and hoq can I get one myself. Thank you

#3 jirehn

jirehn

Guru Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • First Name:Jirehn
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Hi Ace
  • Year: 2010

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

Well did you contact your dealer about the key?

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users