Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Washers

jimtaxi

:angry: Hi Guys can any one tell me where the fuse for the windscreen washer pump is, when I pull the stalk switch for water there is no whirring sound coming from the tank area assume it must be a fuse. But where is it ,hand book is useless all fuses in the engine bay check out ok but where are the rest ?

:angry: Hi Guys can any one tell me where the fuse for the windscreen washer pump is, when I pull the stalk switch for water there is no whirring sound coming from the tank area assume it must be a fuse. But where is it ,hand book is useless all fuses in the engine bay check out ok but where are the rest ?

I don't know what year model you have but 2003 onward there is a fuse box below the instrument panel and the fuse is number 47 a 25 Amp serving front washer and wipers. If your wipers work the fault may be the pump.

Fitter

hi mate

check carefullyl with fuses boxes -- their plastic lids have specifications of each fuse. the manual gives only fuse number to easily locate it.

cheers/Igor

Agreed. If wipers work then no need to check fuse. My 04 washer pump failed about 3 months ago. MrT changed under warranty. Dealership said would normally cost in region of £160.

I don't know what year model you have but 2003 onward there is a fuse box below the instrument panel and the fuse is number 47 a 25 Amp serving front washer and wipers. If your wipers work the fault may be the pump.

Fitter

Hi I have a 2004 Avensis. The washer to my front windows has stopped working work anymore. My wipers work and the screen wash and wipe works to the rear window. Do Avensis only have 1 pump that serves the front and rear, can anyone advise

Agreed. If wipers work then no need to check fuse. My 04 washer pump failed about 3 months ago. MrT changed under warranty. Dealership said would normally cost in region of £160.

yes this pump looks like a cylinder shaped and has no any fuses.

its lifetime is subjected to both washing liquid level and density of the same to prevent its freezing.

cheers/Igor

What time of year is it, as records are proving this is probably the worst on record. i should imagine the water in the bottle is frozen, this time of year you want neat screen wash in there even the slightest hint of water is going to freeze so before you think about dilluting it DONT!!!!!!!!!!

Hope this helps

Pete

• 1 year later...

Fitter

Hi I have a 2004 Avensis. The washer to my front windows has stopped working work anymore. My wipers work and the screen wash and wipe works to the rear window. Do Avensis only have 1 pump that serves the front and rear, can anyone advise

I have a 2008 Auris and have the same problem. Any ideas what the solution is? The rear washer is working but the front washer doesn't spray water :( Wondering if I should go back to the dealer and see if I can get it sorted or if anybody has any advice that would be great!

Thanks in advance

Fitter

I have a 2008 Auris and have the same problem. Any ideas what the solution is? The rear washer is working but the front washer doesn't spray water :( Wondering if I should go back to the dealer and see if I can get it sorted or if anybody has any advice that would be great!

Thanks in advance

hello mate

both front and rear washers are served by two different cylinder pumps. No water shifting valve is vailable belong to the system. It means you have to investigate what goes wrong with front system as whole starting from the pump fuse. By the way -- when did you last flashed your washing plastic tank?? It is a good practice to fill it in using textile filter to catch all deposits. Your possible enemies are: fuse; pump burning out; pump suction is blocked; PVC tubes got blocked; nozzles blocking; switch failure; lack of washing liquid inthe tank. Cheers/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links