Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

7th Gen - Boot Help?

Russko

Guys when I open my boot and raise it to the max, it doesnt always seem to stay up like I believe it should, instead I have to keep one hand on the boot to make sure it doesnt hit my on the head or back.

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? or is this what the boots are like on the celica :unsure:

Hope someone can help and merry christmas everyone.

Guys when I open my boot and raise it to the max, it doesnt always seem to stay up like I believe it should, instead I have to keep one hand on the boot to make sure it doesnt hit my on the head or back.

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? or is this what the boots are like on the celica :unsure:

Hope someone can help and merry christmas everyone.

It sounds like your dampers are worn ( do you have a spoiler fitted ? ) or it could be the cold weather.

If there is a spoiler fitted, is it an after fitment. The extra weight could affect the damper action.

Hi Russko - Merry Xmas

Sounds like your gas struts have had it, as once lifted, the tailgate should stay in place

Do you have any warranty on your car? If so, you should be able to get them replaced

If not, have a look at this thread on Celica-Club.co.uk

(You will probably have to register to view it - Don't worry it's free)

Gas Struts

If you have or are planning to have a spoiler, you will need the uprated/stronger version

Hi Russko - Merry Xmas

Sounds like your gas struts have had it, as once lifted, the tailgate should stay in place

Do you have any warranty on your car? If so, you should be able to get them replaced

If not, have a look at this thread on Celica-Club.co.uk

(You will probably have to register to view it - Don't worry it's free)

Gas Struts

If you have or are planning to have a spoiler, you will need the uprated/stronger version

I have the 190bhp vvtli version, so not sure if this model will already come with the spoiler??

How do I find out if there is warranty? it was a private sale to get the car so wouldnt be any

warranty with the person I bought it from.

Is it an expensive job to fix or replace the gas struts? quite annoying when I have to keep

one hand on there lol

A 190 didn't come with a Spoiler as standard, so unless one has been fitted as an accessory by a Toyota Dealership, it won't have the uprated (SP) Struts.

Your warranty will have expired many years ago unfortunately.

The SP Struts are around £190 a pair from Toyota plus fitting. If you can live with the problem for a couple of months, the Struts will get stronger when the temperature rises.

A 190 didn't come with a Spoiler as standard, so unless one has been fitted as an accessory by a Toyota Dealership, it won't have the uprated (SP) Struts.

Your warranty will have expired many years ago unfortunately.

The SP Struts are around £190 a pair from Toyota plus fitting. If you can live with the problem for a couple of months, the Struts will get stronger when the temperature rises.

Oh right thanks for confirming this.

Is the £190 include fitting or would that be extra?

Would these do? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-CELICA-HATCH-...=item33578439f3

According to the description..yes.

Took me a minute to work out 8,1999 to 9,2005 :wacko:

According to the description..yes.

Took me a minute to work out 8,1999 to 9,2005 :wacko:

Ok cheers mate.

Do you think it would be an expensive job for a garage to fit them?

No, but the Lugs that screw into the Tailgate have thread lock on them so care is needed, have a read of scouse dave's "how to" on the link that Felfy supplied.

No, but the Lugs that screw into the Tailgate have thread lock on them so care is needed, have a read of scouse dave's "how to" on the link that Felfy supplied.

Wish I could mate, tried the link a couple of times but it directs me to logging in at the celica-club site, and I have attempted to register (couple of days ago now) and still my account at that owners club has not been activated :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links