Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sr 180 Chipped 210bhp

smicker68

I have been watching these and various other forums for a long time now and the same thing keeps coming up when someone mentions chipping.

first of all id like to say fair play to smicker68 for taking the bull by the horns and getting a chip as parts king said every car comes out of the factory with different figures. for instance the Seat Leon Cupra on the book the bhp is stated at 240 however ask anyone that has one and you will hear that they generally put out 250bhp.

so Mr beretta to you all I will say is good luck waiting on the Denso ecu as one of the previous posters said the denso ecu is near impossible to crack and he is right in what he says about each car having its own encoding so even if this guy manages to crack one ecu hell have to do it all over again for the next ecu so really GOOD LUCK to him.

also one of your previous posts says that bhp is just pub talk so why are you so interested at the end of the day the whole point of chip tuning is to increase the cars driveability and smicker68 seems to be very impressed with it.

and I understand that you may be worried about the damage tuning can cause to the dpf but the beauty of chip tuning is that if something does happen to the dpf or any other part of smicker68s engine all he has to do is unplug the chip and phone Toyota who will fix it under warranty I am sure.

but beretta if you get a ecu cracked and mapped the ecu counts every time it has been flashed to as soon as Toyota take the car in it tells them how many times the ecu has been flashed which will invalidate your warranty.

so big deal if no one has dyno print outs. I am sure if you buy one dyno your car before you fit and after you fit you will notice a great increase. and if your not happy with it then send it back I am sure somewhere will do a 30day money back guarantee.

infact beretta I don’t even know why you are so interested in these kits for the Auris considering in one of your other posts you state you would never buy another one cause you would go back to VAG. then why don’t you go out and buy a VAG then take it to Revo and get it mapped. although again you will be asking for dyno runs and power graphs and you probably still wont buy one. or if you do buy one you will complain that you car is 1bhp less than the stated figures. at the end of the day you either want to chip your car or you don’t.

as for basing your knowledge on being a CAD engineer for a well known F1 team in Woking. Wise up. if your so knowledgeable why don’t you design your own chip or try and crack the denso ecu. let me guess hmmmmmmmmmm ah that’s right YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE.

infact u probably spend your day calculating the wind speed and direction so as you can plan a route to the shops that means you wont be driving into a head wind incase you use to much fuel. and don’t go out in lighting just incase you get struck.

and what d0 base my knowledge on well perhaps a long time consulting for companies such as trdusa,denso,revo,greddy,mugen.

as for parts king GOOD LUCK trying to sell the chips to these guys all they’ll do is try and make you jump through hoops and still not buy one.

That was an epic first post! :lol:

I do think that you have a point here, and if the OP feels the extra BHP from the chip AND he is satisfied with the increase then I think that is all that matters! He didn't start a topic saying "for those who wish to know the ECU's true output" he said that he had done it and that he was happy. Beretta, I see why you are annoyed, you don't want a false figure flying around but to be honest if you want more power out of a car, chip-tuning isn't too expensive for the gains you get. It isn't all about the "power", it's also about (like Steve Johnson said) making it more drivable. The power band and torque curves are smoothed out, ironing out annoying flat-spots and providing you with what is in general, a more responsive and exciting driving experience.

Must you see a dyno printout for every mod you do? Lets be honest, what 95% of the forum members here do is very light modding, it just isn't hardcore because we are going for street cars that have a bit more of a whack. If you are drag tuning your cars with ££££ to spend then yes, dyno printouts and exact BHP/££ figures are necessary because you want accurate predictions. But here, we have a bloke who has bought a product and is happy with it. If you are really concerned, buy the kit yourself and test it. If it isn't good, send it back or send it on instead of getting het-up over something so small as this.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rick D4D

• Parts-King

• Beretta

• smicker68

infact u probably spend your day calculating the wind speed and direction so as you can plan a route to the shops that means you wont be driving into a head wind incase you use to much fuel.

I have no idea who Steve Johnson is but that is the wittyest line I have read for a very long time......sorry folks I can hardly type for giggling :D: :D: :D:

You probably have a job as a script writer SJ, if not you blinkin well should have :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Is it just me or does a 30bhp increase for a 'chipped' turbo-diesel seem totally reasonable? :huh:

I have yet to see a "performance" derv with a sub 20bhp increase its output from this kind of box, from any manufacturer, from any style of modern turbo-diesel.

If anything i should think that the 2.2 180 would be capable of much more than this with a well sorted set-up.

I don't quite get the whole dyno battle thing that seems to be going on too. Does it really matter...?

I would give one a go but I think £375 is overpriced in today's market when most tuning companies now charge around £150-£200 for the average TDI and at the end of the day I know a lot of investment is made in programming these boxes but I would guess they cost less than £20 to manufacturer. The other issue I have is what does this do to the MPG? I would want facts not well you can better but this really means could be better if driving like your grandma going to church and the other big question Reliability over 10-15k as I am pretty sure if you was going to have any problems it would show up well before you have done 15K and again there is no T180 / SR180 owner so far that can answer these questions. Until that time I will sit on the fence, ff this had been around the £300 I may have given this a go but IMO £375 is a very high price.

I don't quite get the whole dyno battle thing that seems to be going on too. Does it really matter...?

Exactly. If we're happy with the chip why someone wants to ruin it by demanding a dyno print??

My curiosity is the only reason why I'll take the car to a dyno. Oh and a fact that a friend can get me the power runs very very cheap :)

I have been vouching for Parts-king's chip and will vouch it again. I have one, had it for 10 000 km's now and I just LOVE IT. I love how the car acts now. It's acting like it should've been acting straight from the factory. The chip is a must buy I would say.

I don't know how much it has improved the power and torque. The estimate was around 25% from stock and that's something I can believe. At some cases the acceleration is fierce even.

Exactly. If we're happy with the chip why someone wants to ruin it by demanding a dyno print??

My curiosity is the only reason why I'll take the car to a dyno. Oh and a fact that a friend can get me the power runs very very cheap :)

I have been vouching for Parts-king's chip and will vouch it again. I have one, had it for 10 000 km's now and I just LOVE IT. I love how the car acts now. It's acting like it should've been acting straight from the factory. The chip is a must buy I would say.

I don't know how much it has improved the power and torque. The estimate was around 25% from stock and that's something I can believe. At some cases the acceleration is fierce even.

It depends upon the perspective from which someone views it. If it were a drag-race forum, and they were hardcore modders who need to know the exact figure, then I think it is reasonable to expect a dyno printout, however, we are not hardcore modders, and its a chip-tuning kit for a street car. We do not seek the ability to leave the lights and reach the end of the road within a certain time (because, for whatever reason, its illegal :rolleyes::lol: ) i don't think printouts are needed here, as you said, you're pleased with the kit, you don't care exactly what gains it gives because you can feel they are enough without proof.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

finally chipped my auris sr180 d4d

omg what a f**king rocket possibly quicker than my old Seat Leon Cupra K1

just keeps on pulling

Best money every spent must say John your a Star For talking me into this

:D :D :D :D :D :D

As your quoting an actual bhp figure of 210bhp in the thread title, you obviously must have had it on a dyno, so any chance of posting up the graph, as the torque figure also interests me.

Why oh why would you get rid of a K1 for an SR180, as the mapping facilities are far greater for a K1 than they are for an SR180????????????????????????????/

Oh look, its only Jackie Chan.

As your name is Beretta, you must own a Beretta, any chance of your posting up a picture?

:lol:

The real question should be , why does the 1.4 chip cost £90ish and its £375 for the 2.2?

Quite simple really. The 1.4 kits we have on special offer as that model is now quite limited, it is a single channel processor and fits on the fuel rail pressure sensor only. The T180 kit is a multi channel processor that fits on the fuel AND boost sensor, the workings of which are completely different. It's a bit like saying, well a car is a car, but as we know an Aygo and a Landcruiser are two totally different products.

You do get what you pay for in this life, a comment was made above about the price, well as somebody who constantly checks prices, I can assure you our kit that works WITHOUT THE EML lights coming on is VERY competitivly priced, some kits are double the price of ours, one very famous name, still has issues with the engine lights coming on, we dont

I would give one a go but I think £375 is overpriced in today's market when most tuning companies now charge around £150-£200 for the average TDI and at the end of the day I know a lot of investment is made in programming these boxes but I would guess they cost less than £20 to manufacturer. The other issue I have is what does this do to the MPG? I would want facts not well you can better but this really means could be better if driving like your grandma going to church and the other big question Reliability over 10-15k as I am pretty sure if you was going to have any problems it would show up well before you have done 15K and again there is no T180 / SR180 owner so far that can answer these questions. Until that time I will sit on the fence, ff this had been around the £300 I may have given this a go but IMO £375 is a very high price.

Sorry to invade the Auris section, but I have been following this topic for some time + No i don't have an Auris T/SR 180, however I do have a Rav4 2.2 D4D albeit the 140bhp version, I had my car "chipped" by Kingo 2+1/2 yrs ago, 13500mls since, It has been totally faultless, I have no idea of BHP but its a vast improvement on standard.. I admit to being curious about BHP but really don't think its important, I have a scangauge fitted which can be set to show a VERY VERY rough idea of bhp + the only time i have seen anything like 150 bhp was climbing up Shap with a full load onboard, the rest of the time it is showing about 25-50 bhp, so whats the point :unsure: My "chip" works its been totally reliable, I have recently fitted a twin exhaust which looks good, don't know if its helped my BHP don't really care, tried a K&N panel filter, this was a waste of time in my opinion hated the noise + gave it away..Anyone contemplating Kingos "chip" It works for me..It is reliable.. and I do not remove it for servicing or anything else, give it a go :yes: Stew

In one last attempt to clarify something, would all those who jump to the defence of Kingo, especially those who do not even have the tuning box fitted to an SR180 or T180, and as such have no knowledge of the product please read and digest my comments in post 22.

There you will read that I am not against the tuning box, and if the evidence backed the product I would buy one, but how many of those who have commented would go to a retailer and spend £375 on a product they have never even seen , tried or tested, without first getting the history or some evidence on what they are going to buy???

Choading:- I have to ask why you want to see photos of the Beretta shotguns I own, and what has this got to do with buying a tuning box from Kingo, other that to try and cloud the issue and topic in hand?

KPARRIS-JONES:- At last a person who has read the post (22) and understands that all I am after is the correct bhp and torque figures to stop all the guess'es at what they might or might not be. Also you say that with the box the curves are smoothed out, but without a dyno, again this is just a guess.

SteveJohnson:- You, and others, ask what use is a dyno, well loads of info really, it shows how and where the box will alter the OEM data, power and torque curves and where they will cross, and how much longer or lesser they will hold said power and torque curves, and on a petrol with an AFR plot it will also show the fuel ratio, and, as you obviously aware, with a petrol engine, lean fuel at high revs will make the car faster with disasterous end results.

The word you are looking for when an ECU records any changes is Checksum, and if I am going to pay for any engine improvements, that may wreck the engine, then I want to have the map set to my peramiters, not a chap in Germany who seals the tuning box.

Re your quote of Revo, do you honestly think they are the only people who map VAG, there are better and cheaper out there, with proven bhp and torque figures.

I have seen quite a few dyno's where the plot looks like a relief map of the Hymalays, without a smooth curve anywhere, but because the power jumped in, gave the driver a smack up the rear end, they thought it good, and did not realise that it dropped to nothing afterwards, hence another reason for a dyno plot.

As for the attempt at sarcasm with head wind, do you not consider it relevant??? Especially when going out to get my sandwiches at lunchtime.

So lets ask another question, the supplier in Germany must at some time during the development of this tuning box produced figures relevant to the T180 or SR180, or were the calculations done on the back of a !Removed! packet in the cafe?

So assuming they were based on something, as to proceed without and figures would mean total disaster, can we please see them to back up the claims, its hardly rocket science, and, as everyone on here is stating that the Denso ECU is impossible to get into, how did the German maker of these tuning boxes arrive at the figures and values to alter?

All Rick and I have ever asked for is an accurate bhp and torque figure, nothing more nothing less.

Now perhaps we can do what Kingo asked for, and put this to bed until a dyno actually appears on here, as nepertism and vitriolic comments do nothing to further the cause of this item.

In one last attempt to clarify something, would all those who jump to the defence of Kingo, especially those who do not even have the tuning box fitted to an SR180 or T180, and as such have no knowledge of the product please read and digest my comments in post 22.

There you will read that I am not against the tuning box, and if the evidence backed the product I would buy one, but how many of those who have commented would go to a retailer and spend £375 on a product they have never even seen , tried or tested, without first getting the history or some evidence on what they are going to buy???

Choading:- I have to ask why you want to see photos of the Beretta shotguns I own, and what has this got to do with buying a tuning box from Kingo, other that to try and cloud the issue and topic in hand?

KPARRIS-JONES:- At last a person who has read the post (22) and understands that all I am after is the correct bhp and torque figures to stop all the guess'es at what they might or might not be. Also you say that with the box the curves are smoothed out, but without a dyno, again this is just a guess.

SteveJohnson:- You, and others, ask what use is a dyno, well loads of info really, it shows how and where the box will alter the OEM data, power and torque curves and where they will cross, and how much longer or lesser they will hold said power and torque curves, and on a petrol with an AFR plot it will also show the fuel ratio, and, as you obviously aware, with a petrol engine, lean fuel at high revs will make the car faster with disasterous end results.

The word you are looking for when an ECU records any changes is Checksum, and if I am going to pay for any engine improvements, that may wreck the engine, then I want to have the map set to my peramiters, not a chap in Germany who seals the tuning box.

Re your quote of Revo, do you honestly think they are the only people who map VAG, there are better and cheaper out there, with proven bhp and torque figures.

I have seen quite a few dyno's where the plot looks like a relief map of the Hymalays, without a smooth curve anywhere, but because the power jumped in, gave the driver a smack up the rear end, they thought it good, and did not realise that it dropped to nothing afterwards, hence another reason for a dyno plot.

As for the attempt at sarcasm with head wind, do you not consider it relevant??? Especially when going out to get my sandwiches at lunchtime.

So lets ask another question, the supplier in Germany must at some time during the development of this tuning box produced figures relevant to the T180 or SR180, or were the calculations done on the back of a fag packet in the cafe?

So assuming they were based on something, as to proceed without and figures would mean total disaster, can we please see them to back up the claims, its hardly rocket science, and, as everyone on here is stating that the Denso ECU is impossible to get into, how did the German maker of these tuning boxes arrive at the figures and values to alter?

All Rick and I have ever asked for is an accurate bhp and torque figure, nothing more nothing less.

Now perhaps we can do what Kingo asked for, and put this to bed until a dyno actually appears on here, as nepertism and vitriolic comments do nothing to further the cause of this item.

Beretta,

From your continued posting on this topic (Last Post 1:50 PM Today) am I to assume that your PM sent to me and other members of the TOC Moderating Team at 10:34 this morning should be ignored as you wish to continue to contribute to the discussions on the forum? :unsure:

As to your public accusation of nepertism (Nepotism?) on this forum.......................I thought that we were ALL Brothers and Sisters within TOC.........Sharing a common interest in our vehicles..............I do hope that you agree! :)

The real question should be , why does the 1.4 chip cost £90ish and its £375 for the 2.2?

Quite simple really. The 1.4 kits we have on special offer as that model is now quite limited, it is a single channel processor and fits on the fuel rail pressure sensor only. The T180 kit is a multi channel processor that fits on the fuel AND boost sensor, the workings of which are completely different. It's a bit like saying, well a car is a car, but as we know an Aygo and a Landcruiser are two totally different products.

You do get what you pay for in this life, a comment was made above about the price, well as somebody who constantly checks prices, I can assure you our kit that works WITHOUT THE EML lights coming on is VERY competitivly priced, some kits are double the price of ours, one very famous name, still has issues with the engine lights coming on, we dont

This may be very true but the a 2.2 chip would not cost £285 more to make than the 1.4 chip, I feel because the T180 / SR180 is harder to map companies are charging a lot more as there is less competitors around rather than the fact they cost that much more to manufacture. I also feel your statement "I can assure you our kit that works WITHOUT THE EML lights coming on is VERY competitively priced" backs this up very well but the FACT is there is hardly any AURIS T180 / SR180 owners out there that have mileage on the car to back this statement up, there may be many 2.0 diesel owners or Rav owners but I am interested in exactly the same car I would buy this for not a different car with a similar engine and BHP to mine. Like John said "well a car is a car, but as we know an Aygo and a Landcruiser are two totally different products." and 2.0l 140bhp Auris or Rav 4 is not a AURIS 2.2 T180 / SR180.

So lets ask another question, the supplier in Germany must at some time during the development of this tuning box produced figures relevant to the T180 or SR180, or were the calculations done on the back of a fag packet in the cafe?

Cool.

This may be very true but the a 2.2 chip would not cost £285 more to make than the 1.4 chip, I feel because the T180 / SR180 is harder to map companies are charging a lot more as there is less competitors around rather than the fact they cost that much more to manufacture. I also feel your statement "I can assure you our kit that works WITHOUT THE EML lights coming on is VERY competitively priced" backs this up very well but the FACT is there is hardly any AURIS T180 / SR180 owners out there that have mileage on the car to back this statement up, there may be many 2.0 diesel owners or Rav owners but I am interested in exactly the same car I would buy this for not a different car with a similar engine and BHP to mine. Like John said "well a car is a car, but as we know an Aygo and a Landcruiser are two totally different products." and 2.0l 140bhp Auris or Rav 4 is not a AURIS 2.2 T180 / SR180.

I would just like to comment on the cost of kits

On the difference between the single channel kit and the multi channel well they are completely different. The single channel kit was built to compete with eBay type kits using a basic plastic casing with simple wiring harness but still having a digital processor inside, it will only give good results on Bosch systems of which the 1.4 D4d is one, all other Toyota models use Denso rail systems which are much more complicated to alter and very sensitive to changes, hence so many people complaining of engine lamps coming on when using cheaper eBay kits on Denso systems.

The multi channel kit actually uses three channels on the Denso 6 pin rail system as used in T180 models, two channels are controlled in the rail pressure sensor and the third channel controls boost pressure. It takes a much more complex processor to operate three independant channels giving three different signals but all running in sync.

On top of this the multi-channel kit has a solid specially moulded resin casing with automotive waterproof connector from the box to the wiring harness, it runs on 12v instead of 5v in the single channel kit with automotive spec wiring harness and the much more expensive Denso 6 pin connectors and an additional loom running to the boost pressure sensor. This is why it costs more besides the extra work involved in actually setting it up. The company making our kits tested an injector tuning kit on the T180 engine but it cost more than double to produce so would have had to retail at above £600 which was deemed to expensive and results were similar to the multi-channel unit.

The T180 is one of the most complex and difficult engines to tune, thats why most of the cheaper companies don't sell boxes for it, they have tried and failed to get it to run properly.

There will always be people who can knock the product for whatever reason, they are very few and far between, because people who want one of these kits do just that, they buy one. I think there are one or two reading this thread, that would never buy one of these kits, even if they were £100 and had dyno graphs doubling the BHP. Thankfully there are far more people interested in trying the kit, and if they dont like it can send it back to me, something I have never had to do yet!

well said kingo straight to the point as i said before i have one had no problems it made an average engine brilliant

There would appear to be a very simple solution to this, if there are 2/3 of you who want one of these split the cost, fit it to Berettas Auris (it would seem he has all the facilities to fit + test it ) get it dyno,d.. If you dont like it, PM me I will pay the return postage.. Its cost you nothing..Stew

I'm also very pleased with the kit. Here in Norway a good kit cost around £600, and people don't even complain at all. PPC kit from BSR in Sweden is a specially good kit, and is very expensive, but this does also work very good. They only work for the Bosch systems. So when i got the kit for my car for only £375, i thought it was cheap. I tried several kits for my old Avensis, none of them worked.

My car has done only 4000 km so i will wait with the dyno testing and test before and after, and then we can get an answer. Not that i'm worried, but I think it's interesting and trust the product!

So lets ask another question, the supplier in Germany must at some time during the development of this tuning box produced figures relevant to the T180 or SR180, or were the calculations done on the back of a !Removed! packet in the cafe?

Beretta,

From your continued posting on this topic (Last Post 1:50 PM Today) am I to assume that your PM sent to me and other members of the TOC Moderating Team at 10:34 this morning should be ignored as you wish to continue to contribute to the discussions on the forum? :unsure:

As to your public accusation of nepertism (Nepotism?) on this forum.......................I thought that we were ALL Brothers and Sisters within TOC.........Sharing a common interest in our vehicles..............I do hope that you agree! :)

Yes I do agree that we should all share a public forum, and have to ask why certain people, when they have nothing positive to contribute, just make silly comments such as asking for pictures of shotguns just to try and cloud the issue, so if you have nothing relative to post about the subject, dont post silly comments, as it serves no purpose.

It is very easy to be a "Keyboard Commando" and just sit there and make silly comments and try to shoot people down in flames, when all that person has done is to ask for basic facts, nothing more nothing less, and they have "NOT" been abusive or rude to any other forum member when doing so, and, as such the sarcasm or abuse in not warranted.

If you look back at various threads regarding tuning box's for the T180/SR180, Rick, Illegalhunter and I have all asked for a dyno plot, as proof of what is claimed, and also to see if there are power spikes within the graph, that could damage the engine/turbo by running too much boost, that is all, no devious other reasons, nothing rude or destructive has ever been leveled at Kingo, if fact he and I have even spoken on the phone.

KINGO:- Please do not include me one of those that would never buy a box from you, especially at £100 (LOL) for if it is, what it is supposed to be, then I may have one, but please understand that we do have a valid reason for making the request that we did, and would ask if you would have agreed to sell them without first getting full details of the product?

i never thought for 1 minute when i first joined this forum and mentioned sr180 chipped that it would have aroused so much debate. from the YES GIVE IT A GO IT WORKS brigade to NO IM NOT SURE HMMM THERE JUST MIGHT BE A SMALL,SMALL RISK HMMM OH I DONT KNOW brigade. I was one of the latter but lets face it life is a risk in saying that I MYSELF dont think there is a problem with the kit i bought. Ilooked in e bay at different chip kits I was not sure then i came across LINDOP TOYOTA"S site and e.mailed them . i didnt get a reply instead i got a telephone call from john i asked him the relevent questions and he gave me answers . i was told to phone anytime if i had anymore questions ihad when can you get me one. The rest is history . as i said previously i fitted it and it works no wheel spins in first gear no fierce powerband just a long surge of power right up to the red line.

So make up your own minds

Im the wrong side of 50 and was brought up on fast motorbikes (riding and racing) there was risks there but what the hell.

go and try one if you dont like it send it back.

i never thought for 1 minute when i first joined this forum and mentioned sr180 chipped that it would have aroused so much debate. from the YES GIVE IT A GO IT WORKS brigade to NO IM NOT SURE HMMM THERE JUST MIGHT BE A SMALL,SMALL RISK HMMM OH I DONT KNOW brigade. I was one of the latter but lets face it life is a risk in saying that I MYSELF dont think there is a problem with the kit i bought. Ilooked in e bay at different chip kits I was not sure then i came across LINDOP TOYOTA"S site and e.mailed them . i didnt get a reply instead i got a telephone call from john i asked him the relevent questions and he gave me answers . i was told to phone anytime if i had anymore questions ihad when can you get me one. The rest is history . as i said previously i fitted it and it works no wheel spins in first gear no fierce powerband just a long surge of power right up to the red line.

So make up your own minds

Im the wrong side of 50 and was brought up on fast motorbikes (riding and racing) there was risks there but what the hell.

go and try one if you dont like it send it back.

You still seem to fail to grasp the reason for the requests we have made, and, if you read the last two paragraphs and digest the contents, then you might, as boost spikes can, and will blow a turbo, and without a plot the car may still seem great to drive, but may be having a detremental effect on the componemts.

Anyway, this is going round in circles, so as the Dradons say......"I'm Out".

Why are we disputing the 210 bhp claimed for this "CHIP" Silverstone Autosport claim 226 bhp + 490 torques see copied figures below, from their website.

Toyota Auris 2,2 D-4D 130kW 177 HP (DPF;6G) 2006 - 177.......... 400.......... 226.......... (+49)....... 490.......... (+90)........

Why are we disputing the 210 bhp claimed for this "CHIP" Silverstone Autosport claim 226 bhp + 490 torques see copied figures below, from their website.

Toyota Auris 2,2 D-4D 130kW 177 HP (DPF;6G) 2006 - 177.......... 400.......... 226.......... (+49)....... 490.......... (+90)........

What is claimed and what can be proved are two different things, and yet again, without a dyno on reliable rollers, anyone can claim anything.

For the last time, the main reason I would like to see one, is to confirm if there are any boost spikes in the power run, as these kill turbos quicker than most things.

But there again, I think I read on their website that Silverstone offer a two year warranty, where as PartsKing offers just one year?????

As there seems to be no end to this, I am out of it, and will let you all discuss whether or not you want to buy one, although it seems strange that with this many supporters of the product, there seem to be very few that are willing to buy one???

Finally I will again leave you with a question:- Kingo must have completed research into the product before agreeing to sell the product on behalf of the German maker of the box, so can we see it, simple question to answer.

For if it is so hard to get into the Denso ECU, how did the German maker of the box know which values to alter away from the OEM without causing spikes and altering the values wrongly, and please do not refer to the graph as posted before for a Rav4, as these have totally different losses at the wheels and flywheel to an Auris, the dyno should be model specific to mean anything ??????

For if it is so hard to get into the Denso ECU, how did the German maker of the box know which values to alter away from the OEM without causing spikes and altering the values wrongly, and please do not refer to the graph as posted before for a Rav4, as these have totally different losses at the wheels and flywheel to an Auris, the dyno should be model specific to mean anything ??????

This is very true and Kingo himself did say "well a car is a car, but as we know an Aygo and a Landcruiser are two totally different products." and a RAV4 has very different running gear / gear box to an Auris T180. If this product had been developed properly for the Auris T180 / SR180 the German company should have a dyno print out for the car as they would have been testing this on a rolling road / dyno and if they dont, then IMO it shows the German company have not run this on an Auris T180 / SR180 and are just selling them with a RAV4 map or slightly different guessed map and are using our cars as guinea pigs.