Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi All - New Member

Sonea Fifer

Hi there

First of all apologies if I've posted this in the wrong section, didn't see an "introduce yourself section"

I'll be buying myself a Gen7 Celica this coming Feb - I've got my eye on a couple for sale and thought I'd post here to say hi, and ask a few questions:

1) Do all Gen 7 Celica's come with the 6 speed box?

2) Would I be correct in saying the 140 is VVTI and the 190 is VVTLI? And is there an easy way to tell them apart?

3) Lastly I'm intending to purchase my Celica in red (the fastest colour :P ) Does having a spoiler on the back relate to any differnce in spec?

Many thanks in advance to you're answers - I'm looking forward to posting pics of my new car soon ;)

Hi & welcome to TOC.

As regards yours questions:

1) All UK Gen 7's have a 6 speed manual box.

2) Yes. Probably the easiest way to check is to look for VVT-i or VVTL-i on the Engine. Also, all VVTL-i equipped models have imitation Alloy Pedals

3) No. Many cars have had a Spoiler fitted at some stage, only the face lift "Style Pack" has the TTE Spoiler which also inc. 17" Wheels/50W Sub. and genuine Alloy Pedals.

The only Gen 7 to avoid is the pre face lift (99-02) VVTi.

Congrats in choosing the best colour :D

Hi & welcome to TOC.

As regards yours questions:

1) All UK Gen 7's have a 6 speed manual box.

2) Yes. Probably the easiest way to check is to look for VVT-i or VVTL-i on the Engine. Also, all VVTL-i equipped models have imitation Alloy Pedals

3) No. Many cars have had a Spoiler fitted at some stage, only the face lift "Style Pack" has the TTE Spoiler which also inc. 17" Wheels/50W Sub. and genuine Alloy Pedals.

The only Gen 7 to avoid is the pre face lift (99-02) VVTi.

Congrats in choosing the best colour :D

What does the pre face lift version you mentioned look like then scarlett?

SNIP

Hi there

Thank you very much for the welcome to the forums

Thank you also for the swift response with the replies to my questions. I'd really be looking at 02 onwards models so there's no worries about me choosing the wrong spec'd model. The reason I asked about spoilers is I think they look so much better without one (personal preference obviously) I'm in no particular rush to make my purchase so I can take my time and be choosy :)

If I may also ask - Is there anything in particular I should be wary of when purchasing a Gen 7 such as common faults?

I totally agree that the 7 looks better without a Spoiler :)

Faults are few and far between if you buy the face lift model. The Brake Discs are prone to corrosion on the inside faces, but these are easily replaced with superior after market ones. The standard alloys are also of a poor quality. The Gen 7 suffers from bad condensation in wet weather, but don't know the solution to this one. Make sure you get both Remote Keys with the Car, replacements are very expensive from Toyota.

IMO, the best model to go for is the 140 with the "Premium" Pack. This will offer Leather Seats/Climate Control/Electric Sunroof. The special edition "Red" or "Blue" models are also worth a look, but they have the T Sport type Spoiler fitted.

Best of luck in your search :)

hello and welcome to the forum, personally i'd go for the 190, i think there were some non-GT/T-Sport versions released so there is a chance that one doesn't have a spoiler does exist, my personal preferance would be a GT version even though it does come with a dirty great spoiler it's suited to the lines of the car unlike the normal spoilers which look as if they've been stuck on as an after thought

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links