emphasis303

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Toyota Model: prius t4

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:06 PM

Hi guys

Does anyone have any information on changing the prius parking light, i.e setting one on the stalk?

Took me about 40minutes to get the main light changed nearly ripping my hands to shreds, this said once you know how it wont take me 5 minutes next time but still with sore hands afterwards. I hope the parking light is nothing like this.

Also what on earth were toyota thinking when designing the fitting of the bulbs. My Last car was a BMW 3 series and the one before a 5 series and both were sooooo simple to change literally a 1 and a half minute job without reading the manual.

Cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 cootuk

cootuk

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: 2006 Prius T3

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:38 PM

On p442 of the manual it just shows the bulb holder as twisting then pulling out, same for the front turn signal.

For the headlight it says to remove the front cover under the hood...6 screws/clips.
Right hand headlight also needs the air cleaner inlet taking out - 1 clip.
Unplug bulb connector and turn counterclockwise to loosen, then wiggle out.
Remove bulb retaining spring and bulb in socket.

#3 phil4

phil4

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Prius Gen3 TSpirit & MR2 Roadster TF300

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:52 PM

Hi guys

Does anyone have any information on changing the prius parking light, i.e setting one on the stalk?

Took me about 40minutes to get the main light changed nearly ripping my hands to shreds, this said once you know how it wont take me 5 minutes next time but still with sore hands afterwards. I hope the parking light is nothing like this.

Also what on earth were toyota thinking when designing the fitting of the bulbs. My Last car was a BMW 3 series and the one before a 5 series and both were sooooo simple to change literally a 1 and a half minute job without reading the manual.

Cheers

Try doing the parking-lights on an MR2 roadster.... even when I knew what I was doing, it was an hour job, and done entirely by touch. No damage to hands, but so tricky to do. Can't imagine anything being harder.

#4 emphasis303

emphasis303

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Toyota Model: prius t4

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:53 AM

lol, I had the manual in hand, and had watched a vide on priuschat about 5 times, I thought what could be so hard. It was the hardest bulb change ever, even with the manual next to me. It was 100% by touch and is one of those things that once you know how its easy.

We should swap cars for an hour phil and see whos is harder :)

Thank you very much for the info cootuk, at least the parking light isnt as difficult.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users