#1 datoo

datoo

• Registered Member
  • 13 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Celica ST-162

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:54 PM

Hi there,

I wonder if someone can shine some light on Celica ST-162. It is a G-reg, I am the 4th owner and only done 65K!! Unfortunately, due to wear and tear, rust has damaged the Oil Cooler line, just between the connection to the hose pipe. Is there anyone out there who can help me modify it by cutting the rusted pipes and apply a new hose? The dealer does not stock Metal oil line (discontinued).

I am based in Leicester and have been around to many garages etc, but no one is keen to modify it. I can travel a little outside Leicester to get it repaired.

Later on I will attach some pics taken a week ago.

All your comments will be highy appreciated.

Asif

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 john905

john905

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Toyota Model: 3sgte corolla

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:51 PM

Hi there,

I wonder if someone can shine some light on Celica ST-162. It is a G-reg, I am the 4th owner and only done 65K!! Unfortunately, due to wear and tear, rust has damaged the Oil Cooler line, just between the connection to the hose pipe. Is there anyone out there who can help me modify it by cutting the rusted pipes and apply a new hose? The dealer does not stock Metal oil line (discontinued).

I am based in Leicester and have been around to many garages etc, but no one is keen to modify it. I can travel a little outside Leicester to get it repaired.

Later on I will attach some pics taken a week ago.

All your comments will be highy appreciated.

Asif

to be honest mate, if it was mine i would try to find a second hand pipe

#3 celica daddy

celica daddy

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • First Name:Michael
  • Toyota Model: Avensis 1.8 & Celica ST gen6
  • Year: 1994

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:08 PM

I would have thought it may be similar to one on a St182/183, as far as i know they use the same engine and probably the cooler is in a similar place

#4 KPARRIS-JONES

KPARRIS-JONES

Top Rank Poster!

• TOC Supporter Plus
  • 7,790 posts
  • Toyota Model: Early Spec GTi-16 4A-GE
Contributor

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:01 AM

It wouldn't be that hard to cut it yourself mate. Just use a saw and get a straight cut on both ends, buy a small bit of hose and clip it on.

A second-hand pipe would be better, because you could be sure there was no pressure loss or anything like that, but it would still work fine by doing what I said in the first sentence. :D

#5 Bizarra

Bizarra

Top Rank Poster!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,689 posts
  • Toyota Model: Toyota Corolla Executive 1.6 16 valve

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:39 AM

Good advice, Kynan. But instead of using a saw, you can get an implement for cutting copper pipe in any hardware.

You just clamp it on, lightly, turning it on the pipe while gently tightening it. With this you don't get distortion & you get a perfectly smooth cut.

If you get 2 "joiners" of the correct size, these will clamp the new piece of pipe between the old bits, perfectly & permanently. You just screw down the nuts at either end & this forces an olive onto the pipe. Quick & easy !

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users