Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris P1346 Fault Code

lincolnlion

Got a 04 reg Yaris 1.3.

Car is running fine, returning good mpg and is ever so reliable but has recently turned on the engine management light.

I've tried resettting this a number of times but comes on straight away so fault is repeatable.

Had the code read and reported back as a P1346 fault code, anyone have any ideas on the description for the fault code.

Thinking that its something that might have failed but not giving a noticeable difference to the cars performance, got to be a grossly overpriced sensor or something.

Would like to fix it incase I get a serious problem which is masked by the management light being on all the time.

Thanks for the help.

Can't find the trouble code in Autodata but have googled it for the possible causes:

VVTi timing sensor / Camshaft position sensor malfunction. It also goes on to mention issues with the timing chain/sprocket, camshaft itself or maybe a bad sensor or connection.

Have you had any work done on the engine recently? What mileage has the car covered?

Ring a dealer up and ask them to check the error code? Probably the most reliable way to check it. Other than that, you could start digging around in the engine bay looking for faulty sensors. Remember your shovel and magnifying glass! :P

P1346 is a problem with the Camshaft Position Sensor.. in relation to the Crank Shaft position Sensor.. A Code of P1349 would indicate a Problem with your Oil Control Valve Screen.. :thumbsup:

Car has been good as gold, nothing major changed, fluids, filters, plugs and consumables all at regular intervals.

87K covered now.

Can't find the trouble code in Autodata but have googled it for the possible causes:

VVTi timing sensor / Camshaft position sensor malfunction. It also goes on to mention issues with the timing chain/sprocket, camshaft itself or maybe a bad sensor or connection.

Have you had any work done on the engine recently? What mileage has the car covered?

• 13 years later...

Hi, could you please provide an update. When was the actual issue at the end?  i am having exactly same issue.

Could you please provide am update. what was the issue found at the end?

The post is 13yrs old, so probably got rid of the car by now.

• 1 month later...

Did anyone figure this out? I'm having the ongoing battle with this code. Tried a bunch of things but nothing seems to be working

Pete

• 4 months later...
On 9/27/2023 at 7:01 PM, ShiftedReality1990 said:

Did anyone figure this out? I'm having the ongoing battle with this code. Tried a bunch of things but nothing seems to be working

Pete

Hi Pete I have exact same issue 

replaced sensors with not fix , light came back on 

told maybe chain , hope not will write car off 

mileage of car 63.000

did you manage to fix yours 

regards 

ian 

Check the resistance of the OCV - remove and clean also remove and clean the OCV filter in the head

OCV 6.9 - 7.9 ohms is the range iirc, it may vary with temperature - below 1 ohm is open circuit over 10k ohm is a dead short

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

below 1 ohm is open circuit over 10k ohm is a dead short

🙃

• Confused 1

Lol, doing too many things at once or was it just a test !! - <1 or >10k has the same outcome - it's knackered

OCV 6.9 - 7.9 ohms is the range iirc, it may vary with temperature - below 1 ohm is a short, over 10k ohm is an open

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links