Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pollen Filter

enyajtrebor

Can anyone advise please if there is a pollen filter (and if so where it is) on a Y 01 plate 1.3 Yaris (with a/c)

Thanks

Can anyone advise please if there is a pollen filter (and if so where it is) on a Y 01 plate 1.3 Yaris (with a/c)

Thanks

Its behind the glove box.

Open the glove box and press in either side to release it at put it to oneside

Then you'll see the filter housing

Thanks

Hi, replaced mine about an hour ago. Just open your glove box and squeeze the sides in and then pull the glove box out. The the pollen filter is behind it. Just push the two clips and remove it.

I changed mine last year, 5mins to do dead easy and so much better after! :lol:

For those of you with 2006 onwards new-shape Yarii, be aware that from 2006 to 2008, pollen filters were only fitted to models with automatic climate control (just T-Spirit and 2007 SR, I think..).

Models with manual air conditioning or no air conditioning just have an empty hole to allow the outside air to come in unfiltered.

(all 2009 models get them as standard I think...)

When we bought our Yaris in 2008, pollen filters weren't available from motor spares shops, but they are now stocked in our local Partco motor spares depot - at just £5 each.

I bought two in December and popped them into ours. Just like the Mk1, they're located behind the lower glovebox, that just "pops out".

They are a different fitting to the Mk1 filters (because I tried both of those when we got our Yaris but neither fitted), so you do need to specify "2006 on" when you ask....

For those of you with 2006 onwards new-shape Yarii, be aware that from 2006 to 2008, pollen filters were only fitted to models with automatic climate control (just T-Spirit and 2007 SR, I think..).

Models with manual air conditioning or no air conditioning just have an empty hole to allow the outside air to come in unfiltered.(all 2009 models get them as standard I think...)

When we bought our Yaris in 2008, pollen filters weren't available from motor spares shops, but they are now stocked in our local Partco motor spares depot - at just £5 each.

I bought two in December and popped them into ours. Just like the Mk1, they're located behind the lower glovebox, that just "pops out".

They are a different fitting to the Mk1 filters (because I tried both of those when we got our Yaris but neither fitted), so you do need to specify "2006 on" when you ask....

I cannot agree with that statement

My "56 Reg" New shaped Yaris Ion (1.0 litre) with no air conditioning certainly had a cabin air pollen filter fitted as standard.

It was changed when the car was 2 years old and was certainly in need of changing at that time!

I understand that all new shaped Yaris's have cabin air pollen filters fitted, regardless of wether they have air conditioning or not.

I understand that all new shaped Yaris's have cabin air pollen filters fitted, regardless of wether they have air conditioning or not.

You are both right.

I think that is correct for the UK market, but I do know for a fact that filters are not standard on all US models with some owners actually making their own filters! Not sure about other parts of Europe if it’s standard fit or not.

According to the Toyota official literature (which I still have...), the 2007 & 2008 UK models certainly only had pollen filters fitted with automatic climate control - it was part of the published specifications on the Toyota web site and neither of our 2008 Yaris SRs, with manual air con had filters.....

No big issue - and its dead easy to check - but its only in the 2009 model brochure that it shows it being standard across the range... (and I know its sad - but each time a new brochure comes out, I go through it seeing what's different and this was a definate change in the 2009 model brochure....)

We have a 2007 Yaris 1.3 (Zinc) which doesn't have a pollen filter yet the 2001 base model (S) does!!!

Well demonstrating that my sadness goes right back to 2000, I can advise that the the Mk1 Yaris had them fitted as standard if you had any sort of air conditioning but not otherwise.

That's why I specifically noticed the change when comparing specs in the brocures as we were deciding which model to buy - our 2000 CDX Yaris with ordinary aircon had a filter as standard but our 2008 SR (with ordinary aircon too) didn't.....

Assuming that your 2001 S model doen't have aircon, then I suspect somone must have put it in afterwards...

Well demonstrating that my sadness goes right back to 2000, I can advise that the the Mk1 Yaris had them fitted as standard if you had any sort of air conditioning but not otherwise.

Son's just acquired 2001 Yaris 1.0 GS - without aircon - has a pollen filter.. It is FILTHY..

(I am doing a complete service etc to bring it up to snuff and hope to post piccies next week)

Basically check to see if you have one, and if you don’t, go and buy a filter to fit in the space provided.

When on re-circulate it will stop all the nasties coming into your car – pollen – diesel fumes – smoke – dust – plus anything else you drive through or into.

I use mine almost daily, mainly when stuck behind buses which are pumping out filth from their exhausts. Quick flick onto re-circ and the inside of my car stays fresh and clean :thumbsup:

That's why I specifically noticed the change when comparing specs in the brocures as we were deciding which model to buy - our 2000 CDX Yaris with ordinary aircon had a filter as standard but our 2008 SR (with ordinary aircon too) didn't.....

Assuming that your 2001 S model doen't have aircon, then I suspect somone must have put it in afterwards...

As far as I am aware all mk1's(not sure about the phase 2's) were fitted with pollen filters as standard, we had from new a 2000 GS and that had one, but not sure which mk 2's have them fitted, (we purchased the Zinc from new and like I said that didn't have one fitted)

What's the weirdest things you've found trapped in the filter?

I changed mine at the end of last year and found it was full of dead wasps! :eek:

What's the weirdest things you've found trapped in the filter?

I changed mine at the end of last year and found it was full of dead wasps! :eek:

I can believe it! :lol: I had loads of dead fly's, a few small leaves and a couple of wasps aswlell. :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links