Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Washer Jet Adjustment

l40bas

how do ya adjust the jet spay on washers front screen passenger side never clean properly 14sr 58 plate doesnt seem to be adjustable anybody now thanks :rolleyes:

I don't think they are adjustable.

They are pre-set for adjustment nad I believe you have to get new ones, if under warrenty the dealer should replace them.

thanks BOS i didnt think so but thought i would ask the question nice lammy i also have 1960 li was my dads god bless him

Can't they be adjusted with a pin? If not the worlds gone mad :lol: ;)

YES it's official......the world has gone mad

They are ceramic jets that are fixed :yes: later models are anyway, early models were "Normal"

They range from -1 degrees to +2 degree angles :naughty:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Can't adjust mine either, one sprays low down on the screen, the other sprays high! :lol:

No problem though as they do work well.

The jets on our 2000 Yaris were the types where you could adjust the jet angle with a pin (I know cos I did).

The 2008 models have a special jet that "sprays" the water over the screen instead of firing a narrow jet.

So in theory it shouldn't need adjusting because it already covers a large area of the screen.

If its not doing that, it might be partially blocked.

If it were me, I'd remove the jet, soak it in a cup of hot water and try blowing through it in reverse to try and clear any blockage.

I have found that some washer additives seem to clog up the nozzles (well they did on the 2000 Yaris anyway) and I used to sometimes just fill the tank with clean hot water out of the hot tap when the washer bottle ran out and run a whole tankful of clean hot water through the system to try and flush it and clean it of deposited detergent....

Your Yaris must have had different washer jets then mine then. Mine don't adjust at all, tried it today aswell. :huh:

Your Yaris must have had different washer jets then mine then. Mine don't adjust at all, tried it today aswell. :huh:

Trust me.........They don't adjust, it's the same on most new models, this first reared it's head on Auris models where the spray pattern is wide, but because the angle is too low/high it was found you needed to change the jets to a jet with different spray angle

YES it's official......the world has gone mad

They are ceramic jets that are fixed :yes: later models are anyway, early models were "Normal"

They range from -1 degrees to +2 degree angles :naughty:

Sounds like Italian product planning :lol: ;)

Thanks for clearing that up Parts-King. I knew they didn't adjust after trying to adjust them! :lol:

I thought they could have been blocked up, but if they don't adjust that means i was not going a bit strange. :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links