Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Pump / Air Injection System

nutznutz

How long has your car been like this?

I have noticed that the headlight flicker is mainly when cold and seem related to something cutting in and out. As the airpump( where the fuse was blown), has a 50A fuse that equates to 600W( 50A x 12V) which is a huge amount in one go, so could it be related to airpump switching on/off?

all pre 04 t sport do it as far a i know mate

So does anybody know if the air injection on our cars pumps the air straight into the exhaust manifold or if it goes through the head in anyway.

The american corolla and celica air injection seems to go into the head for some reason. But looking at some pictures i have found from the net ours jist seems to go into a pipe on top of the manifold and straight into the primarys.

During summer I am using this:

th_IMG_4809_resize.jpg

And during winter I am using standard boxed filter...but I realized that I don't have the hose that connects airbox with that pump (I think so):

filterhose.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I bought this car in June 2009. and I didn't get that part at all :(

But, it seems that everything works pretty normal :)

Does anyone know do I really need that hose or not?

Tnx, cheers ;)

Clawliger the air is pumped 2 the exhaust manifold then in2 the exhaust. The jap & euro emission r slightly different & u r right that it goes through the head 1st. I have a celica exhaust header without any EGR pipe on it & car is running fine, i have done 10,000mile so far with no worries. When the secondary pump plays up or conks out this will bring on the cell light & trc/vsc but it will not effect the performance, lift is still available just no trc which in this weather is a slightly help. My pump is playing up so i just pull the last 30amp fuse for 10mins or so which resets the cell without disconnecting the Battery. Does any1 know how 2 remove the signal from the ecu 2 stop the pump being called up???

Cheers hooch. I have a feeling that the facelift may have a different head for the air injection. As toyota introduced the later style head in 03.

• 3 weeks later...

Having had a look at the wiring diagram, if you disconnect the air pump and put a suitable resistor across the terminals (1k), the ECU is checking that circuit goes to ground so it should fool it.

• Like 1

Having had a look at the wiring diagram, if you disconnect the air pump and put a suitable resistor across the terminals (1k), the ECU is checking that circuit goes to ground so it should fool it.

sounds interesting, anyone tried/planning to try this?

thanks!

I've fitted a manifold with no air injection on my facelift..the lights do pop up now and again but tbh it hasn't happened in a long time now. And when they do pop up, performance isn't affected at all.

Forgot which gasket the exhaust company used, but they made sure the flange was big enough to cover up the holes. At first we did have a few problems with the gasket blowing, but then they changed the material of the gasket and no problems now :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links