Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

6x9's

dandaman

Is there a way connecting a set of 6x9's to the speaker cable without using a soldering iron and if possoble a way that enables me to remove the parcel shelf and Speakers in it quickly? I am installing my first system tomorrow an would rather dive in having some knowledge as opposed to rushing into it and wishing i had done it differently.

Also is there any advise you would give me... i am installing a fli 450s amp under the front passenger seat and wiring it to a set of infinity 6x9's on the parcel shelf.

Thanks in advance

Hi Dan, i had some 6x9's in my Golf GTi i used to have once. The 6x9's in the rear shelf were fastened down with screws to a wooden board under the parcel shelf to stop it sagging.

The Speakers themselves were connected with male & female bullet connectors, these just click together one connector on each wire. IE, one on the feed from the Speakers and one on the main wiring feed.

When you need to remove the parcel shelf, you just simply unclip the connectors and the shelf then can be lifted off with the Speakers still in situ.

To refit, just sit the shelf back and re-clip the connectors!

Dead easy to do really. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=300283422576

Hi Dan, i had some 6x9's in my Golf GTi i used to have once. The 6x9's in the rear shelf were fastened down with screws to a wooden board under the parcel shelf to stop it sagging.

The speakers themselves were connected with male & female bullet connectors, these just click together one connector on each wire. IE, one on the feed from the speakers and one on the main wiring feed.

When you need to remove the parcel shelf, you just simply unclip the connectors and the shelf then can be lifted off with the speakers still in situ.

To refit, just sit the shelf back and re-clip the connectors!

Dead easy to do really. ;)

would these connectors be available at a local Halfords store?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=300283422576

Yes, Halfords should sell them. Think i got 2 packs (1 pack male & 1 pack female) for a couple of £ from "The Range" store in Wigan.

Most places sell them though. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links