Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Short Ram Intake

jm26

Basically I want an induction kit. I've not really worked on cars at all before so want to ease myself in with some easy jobs.

For ease of fitting I want a short ram intake system. Anyone know a good easy to fit one for a 2002 Yaris 1.3 SR? I don't want to do any imrpovisation to get it to fit...

The only induction kit I can find thats says it is especially for the Yaris SR is the K&N Typhoon but it's a cold air system and very expensive.

Cheers

Basically I want an induction kit. I've not really worked on cars at all before so want to ease myself in with some easy jobs.

For ease of fitting I want a short ram intake system. Anyone know a good easy to fit one for a 2002 Yaris 1.3 SR? I don't want to do any imrpovisation to get it to fit...

The only induction kit I can find thats says it is especially for the Yaris SR is the K&N Typhoon but it's a cold air system and very expensive.

Cheers

You will find it very hard to find any modification that fits without any fiddling. My GREEN Twin-Cone filter required the old hose to make it fit and another jubilee clip. It's just something you have to expect. :yes:

Enginerebuild2010018.jpg

That's it, the hose from the intake manifold to the filter hose is the old one, and from the clip in the middle to the filter itself is the kit I bought. Wasn't too hard to make it fit to be honest.

Rubbish, the Apexi, Blitz and HKS, have full fixings and fitting instructions to attach it to the 1nz/2nz.

I've done it.

Cheers

Would it not be wise to get the important things like the dodgy steering and brakes sorted first? :huh:

BTW, the Typhoon system does not say it fits especially the Yaris 1.3sr, only the 1.5 T-Sport if you are looking on e-bay.

I have never seen a Typhoon advertised for the 1.3sr, that's why i asked the question on here in a previous post.

Cheers

Would it not be wise to get the important things like the dodgy steering and brakes sorted first? :huh:

BTW, the Typhoon system does not say it fits especially the Yaris 1.3sr, only the 1.5 T-Sport if you are looking on e-bay.

I have never seen a Typhoon advertised for the 1.3sr, that's why i asked the question on here in a previous post.

Yes it would make sense thats why my car was returned to the trader yesterday to hopefully be sorted on Monday!! :thumbsup:

If i don't buy a universal one but one that is made for a Yaris sr then i wouldn't expect to have to do any thing other than follow the instructions to get it to work. I was after particular products really, not just manufacturers??

Don't buy an induction kit they have no performance benefit other than the sound. They do not suck more air in and even if they did modern cars built after the 1970's have no increase in power. As for sucking in cold air I have looked into the one from the Yaris with the heat shield but figured the stock pipe and filter would be colder. A good post: http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showthread....7124&page=2

The fist and second filters on that link should fit fine. The only difference is the colour.

Both those filters should fit you car, the models should be the same for all years be it 1.3 or 1.5.

If in doubt, give them a ring and ask. The price stated is quite good, cheaper than e-bay.

And yes, the 1.5 looks exactly the same under the bonnet as our 1.3's. I'm pretty sure the airboxes are identical aswell. ;)

Keep us posted on the kit, and tell us all if it's any good! :)

The fist and second filters on that link should fit fine. The only difference is the colour.

Both those filters should fit you car, the models should be the same for all years be it 1.3 or 1.5.

If in doubt, give them a ring and ask. The price stated is quite good, cheaper than e-bay.

And yes, the 1.5 looks exactly the same under the bonnet as our 1.3's. I'm pretty sure the airboxes are identical aswell. ;)

Keep us posted on the kit, and tell us all if it's any good! :)

Thanks for the reply.

Why do they have different product codes then? Whey would they advertise it as two different products with different product codes if they are both the same? The last letter indicates the colour thats all.

Can anyone confirm that they have fitted a k&n typhoon to a 1.3 sr????

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links