Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To: Add A Glove Box Cover To You Aygo

antecedo

Hey everyone, so... Like every Aygo owner I know, my Aygo came without a glovebox lid, which SUCKS as I use SATNAV and have sunglasses in my car which are in plain sight without this little necessity. Im going to show you how to install it :)

Step 1: THROW AWAY THE TOYOTA INSTRUCTIONS!

03022010041.jpg

Its like 15 pages long and its a load of crap.

so, after freeing yourself of the paperwork, we can get to installing the lid.

I got mine for £27 off of eBay, genuine Toyota accessory though:

03022010036.jpg

Remove packaging and slide the lid into place in the glove box, and close it, then open it, you will notice that it works perfectly already. now all you have to do is secure it using the screws and plastic bits provided! (Toyota took 8pages to explain this.)

Open the glovebox and let it sit open, locate a screw and a bit of plastic, make sure the bit of plastic is the correct way up as in the picture and screw into place:

03022010039.jpg

Repeat the process for the other side and then, once the lid is secure, locate the string and poke it though the hole in the roof of the glovebox.

03022010040.jpg

Sit back and admire your work :)

03022010042.jpg

03022010044.jpg

Now you can hide all your things away in *cough* safety *cough* (I'll be thinking about fitting an alarm though!) lol

• 4 years later...

Hi not sure where to put screws as mine didn't come with instructions and your pics won't load,thanks for any help x

It does open OK on my desktop

Thanks bud,it won't open x

Err Hello,

Do you have a PDF reader, if not download one they are free...

• 4 months later...

The pictures have gone..... Apart from guess work without pictures is there any more info please?

The pictures are fine, there is nothing wrong with this PDF file.

Download again, if it says it can't then hit retry and it will open wait for it to finish and the pictures are there.

if you feel along the bottom edge you will feel two lugs this is where the screws for the hinges are fixed to,

clips the lid over the bottom edge and lower the lid till its about 90 degrees then fasten the two plastic

covers to the lugs that you felt before, after that clip the lanyard into the top of the glove box

jobs done

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links