Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Should Toyota Extend Warranties To Win Back Support

ticktockmac

If the recent problems have led to a lost of trust in Toyota products and caused others to think twice about buying Toyota cars, I believe they could win back a lot of support by extending new - and existing - warranties. Is any one else in favour of them doing this?

I think this is a 'no brainer'.... of course everyone would like Toyota to extend their warranty period and frankly I am a little surprised that they have done this already especially when considering the likes of Kia and their warranty period of 6 years.... or is it 7 :huh:

I doubt they will do it as the industry standard is 3 years for the mechanical parts.... it might win them more customers of they did do it though :yes:

The current trend to increase warranties to 7 years as led by Kia is not only to offer the motorist more, but also to encourage the owner to have the servicing done for a longer period and hopefully by the manufacturers agents.

It really is a "double edged sword"

If the recent problems have led to a lost of trust in Toyota products and caused others to think twice about buying Toyota cars, I believe they could win back a lot of support by extending new - and existing - warranties. Is any one else in favour of them doing this?

Of course I'm in favour of it but doubt it would happen. I recon this will all blow over in a couple more days and so long as my car is sorted and safe then I'll be happy.

If Toyota are reading this then a free set of mats and a free service would be nice too ;)

I raised the subject because I believe they reduced the length of their warranties a year or two ago - although that was probably only in relation to the hybrid components.

If Toyota are reading this then a free set of mats and a free service would be nice too ;)

Did you get any rubber mats in the end?

• 2 months later...

Did you get any rubber mats in the end?

Yes but they weren't free :(

Just whizzing thru some old threads and noticed this about warranties. We're obviously ahead of things as Toyota now offer 5 years/100,000 mile warranties :)

We lead, they follow? :yahoo:

Just whizzing thru some old threads and noticed this about warranties. We're obviously ahead of things as Toyota now offer 5 years/100,000 mile warranties :)

We lead, they follow? :yahoo:

Yeah, noticed they're offering a choice of free services for 3 years, or extended warranty to take it to 5 years. I think this is the Extended warranty you can buy (and I did for a couple of years with my MR2), and so still an option (though at a cost).

Shame they won't do this for existing owners, but then that's always the way, get new people in, but don't worry too much about those who've already taken the plunge.

I think this is a 'no brainer'.... of course everyone would like Toyota to extend their warranty period and frankly I am a little surprised that they have done this already especially when considering the likes of Kia and their warranty period of 6 years.... or is it 7 :huh:

Kia are a relative new player and now that they have a wider range, they seem to be pushing them on price and warranty. Sometimes this has to be done if you have no reputation.

Toyota do have a reputation and don't really need gimmicks to sell cars. Of course they are expected to offer something following the recall's because any buyer - even someone loyal to the Toyota brand would be pushing for some sort of recognition of what has happened when negotiating a deal to buy a new one which is what the servicing and extended warranty options are all about.

Yeah, noticed they're offering a choice of free services for 3 years, or extended warranty to take it to 5 years.

Out local Toyota dealer is doing 3 year free servicing AND 5 year warranty on new models.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links