Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina E

jeffrosie

Rear suspension looks exactly like Celica G6 suspension. Lower attach points look the same, hopefully the hub to shock bolting is also the same. Then I can start to do the rear conversion from drum to disc B)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffrosie

• already_1uk

• juris

• PaulinhoT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Done away with the 4 spoke steering wheel and fitted a 3 spoke from a G6 Celica. Looks better and feels better with a slighty smaller diameter and chunkier feel :D

Don't like the indicators and lights switch on the stalks being the wrong way around as with newer cars. Keep on getting mixed up.

Gonna see if the stalks fron a late model Celica will work - will also give me control of the intermetent speed on the wipers.

On the look out for a performance clutch, and as the gearbox (S54) is the same as the Celica ST202, finding one will be easy.

PIcked up a set hub with cables, discs and calipers yesterday.

Once they are completely refurbed and painted, I'll get rid of the drums and have discs at the back :D

Still trying to find out if the 3SGE loom is a plug and play in the Carina??

Love to have close to 170 N/A horses in the Carina as the brakes will be up to the task now.

Still trying to find out if the 3SGE loom is a plug and play in the Carina??

Love to have close to 170 N/A horses in the Carina as the brakes will be up to the task now.

get some pics up bud!

Will do buddy as I start putting things on. Right now just cleaning and refurbing the bits I got.

already_1uk there ia a pair of Celica G6 calipers on eBay going for £30. If you wanna bigger front brakes all you will need is a set of discs to go with it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Celica-Front-...=item3caaae961a

Straight on m8 as though they were from the factory, no spacers, shims whatso ever.

Bleeding too was a p155. Just make sue that your reservoir is full and after connecting the brake line open the nipple and just leave. As the nipple is at the highest point in the caliper chamber it will fill up by gravity and expel any air in there - just take a few minutes for Mother Nature to do.

Been overhauling the G6 rear calipers I recently got. Look to be in good nick.

Grit bast to remove all surface corrosion, and paint red - really love the Plastikote Bright Red, good strong paint. Been on the wife's IS200 for coming to 3 years now and no sign of ageing/heat damage - the way I drive. Twice a year the calipers get a coat of wheel wax and always easily wash clean.

I'll get some pictures on soon.

Here is one of them grit blasted, red oxided and getting a coat of red.

post-85992-1267646200_thumb.jpg

post-85992-1267646239_thumb.jpg

Can some one turn them to pictures please.

The discs I got with the hubs have been refaced and will be prepped before being fitted to the hub along with the calipers.

Pic of the assembly will be put up when ready.

Got a 7bolt exhaust manifold, off an early Rev2 3SGTE.

Got an exhaust manifold heatsheild.

Got a CT26 - looks good and turbine side has no cracks.

Got the std wastegate actuator.

Got the oil and water pipes.

Got a std GT4 fuelpump.

Also got an Apexi SAFC II to take care of the fueling.

Got a Celica ST202 performance clutch too as the S54 is shared between the two cars.

Also lookin to get a Celica G7 quick shift as is fits the Celica - so should fit the Carina, they are cheap in comparision to a quick shift designed for the ST202.

Got all parts required to build a free flowing exhaust - 2.5"

Pretty confident it will sound good :D

Thinking about using a CT20 instead of the CT26

Also, fingers crossed, getting a set of lowering springs :D

hi. if anybody swaped engine from carina gti (175 hp) to carina 1.6 16 v. Im thinking about swap lik this but im not sure about electric stuff is it just plug and play?? and if engine will not start choking caused different( smaler ) exhaust system. I will be very grateful for any help with help me in my mission

Hi, thinking that this swap should be easy. Toyota in their wisdom made the car loom as std with the engine looms as plug into the car loom. But you will need everything to complete this and the best thing to do is get a Celica ST202 as you will the engine, gearbox, driveshafts, engine loom, also use the shocks as they are gas rather than oil, larger front brakes and rear disc brakes. Find a Celica that is being scrapped, this will keep it cheap.

Turbo not installed yet.

My Carina is fitted with the 3SFE engine, and luckily it has the same exhaust flange as the 3SGTE, so will be using a std 3SGTE exhayst manifold with a std CT26 turbo. I've got the oil and water lines already sorted out. The exhaust system is next on the list to build as I already have all the bits for that too. Right now I'm making a 2.5" downpipe to connect to the 2.5" system I'm building. All the downpipes/decat fot the 3SGTE are 3".

if you can tell me from turbine to where is the best way to conect water and oil lines?? how much bar ct26 gives??and how you menage make less compression in engine (roughly head gasket)?? i thinking right now on small turbocharger from carina TD because to make swap i will have to change haf of my car. i dont have problem with mechanical work but electricity is other story.

• 3 weeks later...

I used this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-CT9-CT12-CT20-CT26-Turbo-Oil-Feed-Flange-Kit_W0QQitemZ120499492126QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item1c0e54551e for oil supply with http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STARLET-COROLLA-MR2-CELICA-SUPRA-TURBO-GAUGE-ADAPTOR_W0QQitemZ400112988807QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5d2897b287 or http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SANDWICH-OIL-TEMP-PRESSURE-ADAPTOR-ALL-TOYOTAS-MR2_W0QQitemZ360249743121QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item53e08ed711 .

For oil drain, I used this welded to the sump with http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AN-8-AN8-AN-08-Male-Steel-Weld-On-Fitting-Bung_W0QQitemZ150407021148QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2304f5025c welded to the sump and necessary pipe constructed to join the two.

For water, this can be used OR beter still get this for both http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Turbo-Oil-Water-Line-Kit-TOYOTA-Landcruiser-4-2L-CT26_W0QQitemZ120549611922QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item1c11511992

It will work but you must use Toyota CT type turbo with 3SGTE rev2 exhaust manifold and http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-MR2-TURBO-EXHAUST-DECAT-DE-CAT-DOWN-PIPE-3SGTE_W0QQitemZ150422298926QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2305de212e decat/downpipe.

If you wish for T3 type turbo go for this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-MR2-3SGTE-T3-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-V-BAND-DOWNPIPE_W0QQitemZ120526729032QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item1c0ff3ef48

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links