Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parrot Ck3000 Evolution Always Powered Up

rossbrunton

Hi Everyone,

I know, youre probably all thinking why does he want a Parrott in a Yaris, Im a gadget freak and I talk a lot so thought it would be a good idea.

However, having a look around the internet, a few people seem to have the same problem, the unit stays powered all the time, ie: the red and green lights in the button stay on even when the key is out of the ignition. I presume that this means the main unit is also powered and sending out a bluetooth signal but I dont know how much Battery power this will consume, whether it would be OK to leave on or if it would run my Battery down.

Has anyone anyone got any idea how I can fix this simply?

Thanks

Ross

Fit a relay switch which cuts the power to the unit so you can turn it off when you're not using it.

If you've not already bought it I'd reccommend you go for a Nokia CK-7W bluetooth set. Thats the one I have fitted. You activate it manually whenever you need it and it switched off with the ignition. Seems like an easier alternative to me. Plus its pretty easy to fit. :)

Thanks Vitz.

Any ideas how simple that is to do or where I can get one? I already have the cabling in for the Parrott and like that kit but just dont want it on allt he time, the problem is its inline with the radio for the sound to come out of the Speakers but I dont want to affect the radio's functionality

Thanks

Ross

Fit a relay switch which cuts the power to the unit so you can turn it off when you're not using it.

If you've not already bought it I'd reccommend you go for a Nokia CK-7W bluetooth set. Thats the one I have fitted. You activate it manually whenever you need it and it switched off with the ignition. Seems like an easier alternative to me. Plus its pretty easy to fit. :)

I've got a CK3000 and also a MK6100. They each have three wires to connect them - a red power wire, a black earth wire and an orange "ignition" wire.

The orange wire needs to be connected to a 12 volt feed that's only live when the ignition is on.

If you've connected the Parrott via some form of "ISO" wiring harness adapter, there's a chance that it's not connected up the orange wire to a switched feed and connected it to a permanent live feed.

It doesn't matter what make or model of kit you, to have it on only when the ignition is on simply requires it connecting to a "switched" power feed.

You don't need a relay, just a connection to a switched power supply. Even if you used a "relay", you'd still need to connect the relay to a switched power supply - the only benefit of a relay is in high-power applications like lights and amplifiers to avoid passing high currents through existing wiring that isn't designed for it.

The bluetooth kits only use a few watts and a relay is unnecessary.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links