Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr Valve ,, Blocking It Off ?

bobbie345

HI ALL KEEP READING ABOUT BLOCKING OFF THE EGR VALVE ON SURFS ,, REALLY WANT TO NO WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ,, I NO IT MENT TO STOP BLACK SMOKE AND INCREASE IN POWER AND MORE MPG ,,, ETC BUT WHAT ARE THE RISKS IN DOING IT ,, AND WHAT IS THE RIGHT WAY TO GO ABOUT IT ,, AND SHOULD I DO IT OR NOT ,,, ,,, MY SURF IS 1995 3.0 SSRX KZN130 ,,, I,VE READ LOADS A BOUT IT BUT ITS A MIXED BAG REALLY ,,, ONE SAYING YH ITS OK THE OTHER SAYING IT CAUSES OVER HEATING ,, AND SOME ONE ELSE SAYING ITS THE EGR VALVE THAT CAUSES OVER HEATING ,, PLEASE CAN SOME ONE SHINE SOME MORE LIGHT ON THE THIS FOR ,,, THANKS VERY MUCH ,,,

HI ALL KEEP READING ABOUT BLOCKING OFF THE EGR VALVE ON SURFS ,, REALLY WANT TO NO WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ,, I NO IT MENT TO STOP BLACK SMOKE AND INCREASE IN POWER AND MORE MPG ,,, ETC BUT WHAT ARE THE RISKS IN DOING IT ,, AND WHAT IS THE RIGHT WAY TO GO ABOUT IT ,, AND SHOULD I DO IT OR NOT ,,, ,,, MY SURF IS 1995 3.0 SSRX KZN130 ,,, I,VE READ LOADS A BOUT IT BUT ITS A MIXED BAG REALLY ,,, ONE SAYING YH ITS OK THE OTHER SAYING IT CAUSES OVER HEATING ,, AND SOME ONE ELSE SAYING ITS THE EGR VALVE THAT CAUSES OVER HEATING ,, PLEASE CAN SOME ONE SHINE SOME MORE LIGHT ON THE THIS FOR ,,, THANKS VERY MUCH ,,,

looking for same sort of info, will watch your replies

nigel

nigel

Stop shouting in CAPITALS, you may get some answers to your questions

nigel

Stop shouting in CAPITALS, you may get some answers to your questions

sorry didn't realise my caps lock was ,, SORRY "

thanks for that ,,, ,, when blocking the egr valve off can it make engine have hot spots and cause c head to crack ?? thanks

Try here http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/egr.htm

hi can any one help need to no what pipe goes were on the egr valve ,, surf ssrx 3.0 1995 ,, gone to block egr valve off using ball bearing when i looked they was no pipes connected PLEASE HELP ,,, there should be a pipe on the top part and a pipe on bottom part of egr i have to parts on my engine that look like egr valves but one is bigger than the other ? confused.com i,m new to all this only had my surf for months

egr pipes run from the turbo around the rear of the engine and joins onto the servo pipework on the inlet manifold...besy way to block it off is to fabricate a blanking plate

• 2 weeks later...

in my experience its a great idea to block off an egr valve. it stops a load of crud building up in the inlet manifold and all the other problems you get with the valve sticking open and excessive smoke from the exhaust. some people say when the valve is blocked it causes combustion temps to rise and damages the turbo as the egr gases arent as oxygen rich and burn cooler but ive never come across a damaged turbo from the erg being blocked off

egr pipes run from the turbo around the rear of the engine and joins onto the servo pipework on the inlet manifold...besy way to block it off is to fabricate a blanking plate

hi is it the small type servo or the larger one thanks ,,

See here for another explanation http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthre...=egr&page=2 , if you dont get it this time then I cant help you any more, all you need is Google.

thanks ,, for all your help ,, but i was told it was the smaller type valve next to it ??? next to the egr valve there is a smaller looking egr valve ?? what is it does any one no ,, ,, i have pipes missing from it ??