Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Miles Per Tank?

peo1000

i know this has been done many times as i have searched but i am thinking about getting an 04 plate t sport this weekend only problem is i do a lot of miles could anyone help with how many miles i will get to a tank of petrol. My journey is 90% motorway and a 60 mile round trip and just so i can justify getting a t sport will drive it like a grandad!! :fear:

oh how big is the tank in them too

it's a 50litre tank and i think an average figure would be about 300 miles per tank (some do 260 and others manage 330+). I'm a sub 300 man myself :D

I struggle to get 250 miles from a tank. but im a road !Removed!. ;)

having spent a lot of time as a passenger whilst you drive, I'm impressed you manage 250 miles, I really am :lol2:

shuuuuuuuuuuuush! ok so £20 worth of petty usually scrapes me 95/110 miles, typical tom hoonery a la pod etc etc sees that £20 lasting for all of 50/65 miles! lol. bad bad times!

it is possible to get 40+ though, motorways, just pick a lorry and peg it, sit behind it 6th gear barely touchng the throtle and youl be rocking between 46 and 50 mpg. if i try, which isnt often, i can get 350 from a tank :) but its a serious bore getting it.

I agree with the above!

I've been driving gently (like a normal person) for the last couple of days since i am uber skint atm and the avg. MPG is sat at 41. Thats 450 miles/brimmed tank to 100% empty or 400 miles until you're on reserve fuel.

Normal driving with plenty of lift and it sees 26 MPG or less. Thats just 280 miles until empty, or 200 miles between fills!

Scary the amount of money lift burns! LOL

Our old one driven by her indoors did 330-350 with 80% urban use, on a steady run it did over 400 which was pretty impressive.

Same as above, about 300 miles per tank, and thats 100 miles a day, mainly on motorways sat at 70-80mph.

Got an app on my phone that logs fill ups and calculates mpg. Averaging 26mpg, which works out as 18p per mile

You should get 270 - 300 per tank averaging 60 mph.

Seems some cars perform better than others, unless they run on fumes.

I drove like my dad doing 68-70mph on motorways mainly, and i got just over 300 miles before reserve light came on. Last week i drove like a bellend as usual, and probably going to end up hitting just over 260 (i hope!)

I average around 300 miles on a full tank and my driving is mostly motorways and although people say to stay in 6th at 70 its !Removed! hard when you know you have lift with all that empty road :D

I've also been using v-power for the last couple of weeks and to be onest i think i get more milage out of using tesco super, anybody else notice this???

Do you get more mpg from the higher octane stuff?

Thought there had been studies done that proved there was no gain.

You deffo get more gains with using high octane. I've been using high octane since i've had the cts but at one point i filled with normal unleaded and jesus did it drink it!! Full tank gone in a couple of days!!

You deffo get more gains with using high octane. I've been using high octane since i've had the cts but at one point i filled with normal unleaded and jesus did it drink it!! Full tank gone in a couple of days!!

I have always used normal perhaps that is why my mpg seem low compared to others, will have to give tesco's finest a go.

teccy's super 99 is good, but the Shell stuff is ace i find. I am new to these message boards, so can some please excuse my nubbin question when i ask what is this lift that you speak off?

teccy's super 99 is good, but the shell stuff is ace i find. I am new to these message boards, so can some please excuse my nubbin question when i ask what is this lift that you speak off?

Don't think you have lift on the comp, on the t sport there is a second cam that kiccccccccccccccks in at 6200 rpm effectively giving another boost in speed up to 8200 rpm, this is through every gear.

I think this is described right.

teccy's super 99 is good, but the shell stuff is ace i find. I am new to these message boards, so can some please excuse my nubbin question when i ask what is this lift that you speak off?

Don't think you have lift on the comp, on the t sport there is a second cam that kiccccccccccccccks in at 6200 rpm effectively giving another boost in speed up to 8200 rpm, this is through every gear.

They do still have lift but it comes in lower down the rev range, combined with the Superchargers torque the effected isnt as dramatic ;)

They do still have lift but it comes in lower down the rev range, combined with the Superchargers torque the effected isnt as dramatic ;)

Ta mate learned something I did not know, don't know much about the compressor, only that it is faster :lol:

I know a compressor that isnt faster at the mo. :P

not convinced theres much in them off the standng start, ill let you know later in the year. when i have had a play. lol

I get around 280 miles on a Tank

Always look to fill up with V-power or tesco 99 - difficult as there isn't a Shell for miles and Tesco seem to have a very low stock at my local drinking station

Motorway wise - when I drive from my house to my parents, 215 miles, and that takes £50 of V-power to the notch under halfway

it's a 50litre tank and i think an average figure would be about 300 miles per tank (some do 260 and others manage 330+). I'm a sub 300 man myself :D

Its a 55 litre tank.

I use to average 280 per tank.

I manage a shade above 310 per tank. Giving it enough right foot to stay with the crowd but not enough to get caught being a danger.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links