Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Recalls

xenodrew

Isn't it a tad strange that there seems to be no tangible evidence of this issue. I've had a look at the offending article and there seems to be very little chance that pedal could fail. It's pretty well made and the design is simple & efficient.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but it doesn't . . . I'd like to see evidence of a unit that has failed, then I can judge for my self whether fitting a shim into a sprung pivot is the correct answer.

If it is a issue of shimming a moving part that wont be the end of this one.

I'm still unconvinced.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had some Sterling help through forums over the years, notably with Toyotas - my MR2's(best bang for buck car in the world - MKI & MkII), Corollas & Rav4. In stark comparison to Audis & BMW forums (& my main wagon is still a Beemer) which are plagued with guessology, voodoo & car polishing madness.

There has been a reasonable amount of views of this post but I just cannot believe that none of the Toyota faithful have seen or heard of some tangible reason for these failures - well bizarre!

There has been a reasonable amount of views of this post but I just cannot believe that none of the Toyota faithful have seen or heard of some tangible reason for these failures - well bizarre!

There have only been 26 reported cases of this happening in the whole of Europe, so the likelyhood of finding somebody with evidence it has happened is very slim, let alone have any pictures. There is one user on here (Miss D Bus??) who has allegedly had this happen.

The "Fix" is a steel reinforcer bar that has been thoroughly tested, with the bar fitted, it is not possible for the pedal to stick

Kingo :thumbsup:

Just find the whole thing really amusing, as usual the 'panic' stems from dumb Americans who fail to do the most obvious action in a crisis, the recall is a PR exercise to protect themselves from mass litigation by American lawyers. What amazed me was when the (poor and unfortunate) couple who's lexus's alledgedly had a sticky pedal, the first thing they did was pick up the phone and ring the Police.

Personally, I'd of put it in neutral and applied the brakes, then ring for recovery.

Audi suffered the same fate in the 80's with the 5000 series and it was proved that in most instances it was driver error, sure this is the same.

Incidentally, a mate of mine who works high up in Audi tipped me off that they're this week preparing a big PR campaign (Recall to us) to bring most Audi's back as they've got faulty steering and iffy airbags. Watch this space

Vorsprung durch tecknik indeed . . . it'll be interesting to see how Audi handles this one, they didn't fare to badly when half the board were caught in the local !Removed!-ama getting rub downs with dettol & a copy of the Sporting Life . . .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links