Basically I'm willing to lend a hand to members of the forum with regards to maintenance and mechanical issues. Those that wish to do a similar thing in other areas of the country may also post up their info in here. The more the merrier, but please only do so if you are truly comfortable working on someone else's car.
Ricc - Midlands/Northampton
''Untrained mechanic, but been maintaining and modifying my own and friends vehicles for the last 9 years. If I know I can do a certain job I will say so, at the same time IF I am unsure I will 100% advise you to use a qualified mechanic''
Servicing & General Maintenance.
Painting, small items considered. (Full panels and large areas not even entertained)
Minor electrical work.
Please Remember!!. . . . . .
- It is expected that you are able to travel to the location of the member offering help, not them travelling to you!
- Members offering assistance may not be mechanically trained and can not be held responsible for breakages/damage caused during jobs. Although care is taken to do the best job possible.
- If the job you need doing is too complex or critical, the person(s) offering help in the area have the right to decline help and as such advise you to use a Dealer or Independent garage.
- This is also the case if on initial inspection the work required is not as discussed. Where again, you will be advised to visit a Dealer or Independent garage.
- There are no warranties and no guarantees on any work done.
- Visits should be discussed and arranged in advance.
- Any parts and consumables should be supplied by yourself and in good working order.
- This is an offer of help to forum members, it is not here to be abused.
- This offer of assistance is in no way related to, or associated with the TOC forum and its staff.
- Always use a dealer/independent garage if you have any concerns