Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Registrations Today

Big Kev

It's an acronym of your new reg Anchs - play on your seemingly bottomless pit of information :thumbsup:

My Vocation Is Often Serving Your Railway? (I'll get me coat.)

Is there's an unintentional nautical theme going on? Isn't MV motor vessel? Anchorman driving a Tidal blue car? spooky or not. :arrgg-matey: :boat::rolleyes: Up the old sea dog, with a lick o' the cat, me hearties. (What am I on about? :unsure::no:).

Simon + Anchs Got any £££££££s left..SM 10 RAV + DC 10 RAV £699 from dvla lots of others (DON) etc.. :thumbsup: STEW

LINK

It's an acronym of your new reg Anchs - play on your seemingly bottomless pit of information :thumbsup:

My Vocation Is Often Serving Your Railway? (I'll get me coat.)

Is there's an unintentional nautical theme going on? Isn't MV motor vessel? Anchorman driving a Tidal blue car? spooky or not. :arrgg-matey: :boat::rolleyes: Up the old sea dog, with a lick o' the cat, me hearties. (What am I on about? :unsure::no:).

My Vocation Is Often Servicing Your RAV.... :yahoo: If you Google nearest Anagram..MOVIE STAR..Genuine :thumbsup: Stew

Just been drooling over these highly desirable new motors you owners have shared with us.

[Excuse me while I wipe the keyboard]

May I share an idea with you, I hope you can see where this is coming from.?

Motor

Vehicle

Information

Oracle

Sources

Your

Remedy

Still new to this, so a profound apology to Anchorman :unsure:

Maybe its because I'm tired but it beats the hell out of me!!!

Poor taste, DavMcRav....insinuating that Anchorman is the pits....

Big Kev :lol:

Just time for one more before the men in white coats break down the door

:eek: Hey that rhymes !

Manifold [get it?] Valued Instructions On Servicing Your RAV

OK Im going

Just time for one more before the men in white coats break down the door

:eek: Hey that rhymes !

Manifold [get it?] Valued Instructions On Servicing Your RAV

OK Im going

Very clever,Crofter, liked the Many-fold :lol: Just found a different pic of new Rav looks tastier from this angle IMO but still not sure.. :thumbsup: Stew

2009-toyota-rav4.jpg

Sorry! I'm marginally more alert than I was last time but still no good at anograms or acronyms. No seafaring background either shcm - its all down to my years as a brake engineer me hearty.

Thanks Crofter and Dave (obviously a teacher).

I think if I spend any more money now stewpot my crown jewels may end up getting thrown overboard. She still can't understand what was wrong with the red'n.

Now with regard to this new shaped RAV it looks a bit easier to wash around the front end - very important.

Looks great Anch,s. I'm 5.7k into mine now and everyday the drive of the car really amazes me. It seemed to really loosen up about the 4k mark and 7 hour drives to Scotland are a breeze. I reckon I need some mud flaps, so any info pics of the ones you go for would be appreciated.

You do need mudflaps, they definitely reduce the crud up the doors and potential stone chips. Fitting them is quite straight forward although I'm afraid I got stuck into it and saw this request afterwards so I can best describe the process as follows. Wash the area first to avoid trapping dirt. Fronts;

Front_mudflaps.pdf

Dead easy and takes about 5 minutes a side. In the kit you will get 2 little plastic inserts for the lower screw. They pop into a square hole in the sill and all you do is push them up flush with a click;

IMG_1083-1.jpg

Then just hold the mudflap in position and loosely screw in all of the four equal length bolts. When they are all in you can hold the mudflap tight up to the body as you tighten.

IMG_1084-2.jpg

The rears are much the same except no all of the holes are drilled.

Rear_mudflaps.pdf

I had the bumper off to fit reversing sensors but the instructions do not require you to do so. If you look carefully at the back pumper where the mudflap will fit there are 2 dimples on each side (hold the flap close to locate them but they are quite visible). You push the spire speed clips over the dimple and remove the existing fixings. The only other difference is that for the bottom screw you need to unscrew the phillips head screw from the bumper/wheel arch liner;

IMG_1063.jpg

Now put the mudflap in place, fit the short bolts to the upper part where there are already holes and the long one underneath. Now fit the bolts where the clips are positioned and wind them in and through the soft plastic of the bumper.

It looks like this after;

IMG_1079-1.jpg

This one is on the exhaust side and is norrower than the other.

.........and just in case my computer does it's normal thing and loses loads of typing as I try to post, I have added this seperately. I got some body coloured parking sensors off Kingo. These are much nicer and more discreet than the previous ones being virtually flush. Also in operation there are very few "stray" bleeps so an improvement in that respect. The fitting instructions are here;

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/legacy/To...001%20592-2.pdf

I will just add a few tips.

These clips just pop out easy;

IMG_1059.jpg

......and the hardest one is this bolt by the door hinge. You will need the door half way shut to get it out;

IMG_1061.jpg

If you cut out the templates and stick them on the dimensions didn't tie up from the instructions so I just drilled them and it seems to be fine

IMG_1069.jpg

I used a compass to mark the locations of the 2mm holes;

IMG_1071.jpg

Then drilled them with a sharp drill bit and variable speed drill - no slip ups here!;

IMG_1072.jpg

I clamped a piece of wood to the bumper to help me align the drill because the instructions call for it to be in line with the top of the bumper but that is where I came unstuck. I used a spade bit and when it went through I got half a hole and had to very carefully carve the rest with a stanley knife.

IMG_1074.jpg

My advice is to drill perpendicular to the surface and then use the stanley knife to just trim the edges and keep fitting the collar to check;

IMG_1075.jpg

Once fitted, the sensors look fine;

IMG_1085-3.jpg

• Like 1

.........and just in case my computer does it's normal thing and loses loads of typing as I try to post, I have added this seperately. I got some body coloured parking sensors off Kingo. These are much nicer and more discreet than the previous ones being virtually flush. Also in operation there are very few "stray" bleeps so an improvement in that respect. The fitting instructions are here;

IMG_1059.jpg

......and the hardest one is this bolt by the door hinge. You will need the door half way shut to get it out;

IMG_1061.jpg

If you cut out the templates and stick them on the dimensions didn't tie up from the instructions so I just drilled them and it seems to be fine

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

Then drilled them with a sharp drill bit and variable speed drill - no slip ups here!;

IMG_1072.jpg

I clamped a piece of wood to the bumper to help me align the drill because the instructions call for it to be in line with the top of the bumper but that is where I came unstuck. I used a spade bit and when it went through I got half a hole and had to very carefully carve the rest with a stanley knife.

IMG_1074.jpg

My advice is to drill perpendicular to the surface and then use the stanley knife to just trim the edges and keep fitting the collar to check;

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1085-3.jpg

Very neat job Anchs - I just knew you wouldn't be able to resist taking power tools to your new motor for long ;)

Just a thought - if anyone else is considering fitting sensors I would recommend using a 20mm hole saw rather than a flat bit as, once the center tip has broken through the thin plastic, it has nothing to guide it - hence the ill formed hole. If a hole saw is not available it may be possible to get a piece of wood behind/under where the hole is being drilled.

Are those sensors programmed for telegraph poles by the way :unsure:

I too would recommend hole saws but mine are a bit nasty and tend to make a 24mm hole out of a 20mm bit so they were kicked out. Just finished applying 2 litres of waxoyl underneath by spray. I was taken by shcm's last motor and the complete lack of surface rust. It does no harm but looks a mess. As the upper was covered in overspray the blasted thing has just had it's 4th wash since Monday. Its bathed, in bed and asleep now.......awww!

WOW Anchs :eek: You've got some bottle attacking your new baby with a flat bit, but glad it was ok :o Those sensors are really neat, could i swap mine for those? + did you order them color coded? I used a round wood bit with a small spur (like a hinge boarer) that cut nice + clean thru the plastic when i fitted my light switch, are they auger bits ? not sure.. anyway a great job, what other extras are you + Shcm contemplating? Is the Horn any better? do they have xenon lights? Is the bootlight improved, are switches + stalks illuminated now? So many questions, Don't know why I'm asking short of a lottery win can't see me getting a new one, But Hey Ho! you never know. Have to get the missus back on the game again :yes: Last time she came home with £15-50p, I asked which tight b*****d gave you the 50p? She replied "all of them" :shutit: Stew

WOW Anchs :eek: You've got some bottle attacking your new baby with a flat bit, but glad it was ok :o Those sensors are really neat, could i swap mine for those? + did you order them color coded? I used a round wood bit with a small spur (like a hinge boarer) that cut nice + clean thru the plastic when i fitted my light switch, are they auger bits ? not sure.. anyway a great job, what other extras are you + Shcm contemplating? Is the Horn any better? do they have Xenon lights? Is the bootlight improved, are switches + stalks illuminated now? So many questions, Don't know why I'm asking short of a lottery win can't see me getting a new one, But Hey Ho! you never know. Have to get the missus back on the game again :yes: Last time she came home with £15-50p, I asked which tight b*****d gave you the 50p? She replied "all of them" :!Removed!: Stew

I very nearly came to see you today old timer in an attempt to dry it out for waxoyling and find an excuse to drive it at the same time. However, before you know it the day has gone. I've actually got a very nice and accurate forstner bit but that needs to go through perpendicular as well. King Kingo now does ready painted sensors for virtually the same price as unpainted and the can of spray paint so no contest there.

Extras to be fitted soon after return from Florida this year........

clear vinyl bumper protector - my favourite type

pair of boot lights - $7 each from a Saturn (GM) distributor.

Horns maybe

Those bulb upgrades you got me (still H11 and not HIDs)

Those led sidelights Kev got me

The AUX input is useful but not as good as the Ipod interface as it doesn't charge and you can't work it. If they do eventually do one I might well go for that.

Eventually and I mean eventually I will go for those twin exhaust that you have and you can hopefull help me mod the mudflap accordingly and maybe side steps but I'm on thin ice for spending any more money as anchorwoman has other ideas for money at the mo'. I only escaped certain death by letting her approve the colour choice.

No better boot lights but I've got heated seats, cruise, auto wipers and lights, TRC off button, integrated bluetooth phone (good in that it shows numbers etc and it seems to have found my name from somewhere but not as clear as that add on one I had in the other that Kev showed me how to fit), keyless entry that keeps telling me off in front of the neighbours by bleeping morse code for dozy @rse, leccy seat, chunky steering wheel with illuminated controls but the door switches are the same. One thing this does is when you wash the widows it waits about 30 seconds and does another wipe!!!

To drive;

It goes like hell but I daren't push it just yet

Lighter clutch

Lighter brakes

Absolutely loaded with insulation so is very quiet

Gearbox as Duncs says is like a hot knife through butter.

Handbrake iffy until it beds in a bit

It has the most delightful (don't say anything big Kev) engine note - a real crisp tone with an underlying whine - sad I know.

I might come down next Sunday and let you have a spin while I tell Local Heroin what you said and if I can keep that guard mutt away give her a cuddle.

On the bulbs Anchs, those i got for Kev, "ring" 100% + HD11s might be better, £30 aprox from autobulbs direct, £22 from maccess, the main beam ones HB3s "ring" 70% + in red pkt about £13 Maccess, all Eu + road legal, Local Heroine can do you a cuddle for 25p anything else the full 50p.. less 10% cos your famous :D She has her reputation to think of.. :thumbsup: Stew..PS hows about that long awaited curry :meet: :arabia:

How about next Wednesday night (17th) ? If me and Kingo come to yours you can point us at this famous curry house? Shcm mght be up for it but he has a long journey. I have a stable with a manger (WTF is a manger?) he can stay in while he has a rest from that ruddy component supplier.

How about next Wednesday night (17th) ? If me and Kingo come to yours you can point us at this famous curry house? Shcm mght be up for it but he has a long journey. I have a stable with a manger (WTF is a manger?) he can stay in while he has a rest from that ruddy component supplier.

Kingo has a good curry house near him in Ellesmere Port, Might Fuji be interested? he's Warrington.. Beauty of being self/unemployed, I can do anytime :thumbsup: Stew ...17 march St Pats night, Can Kingo do the Riverdance?

Can if we machine gun his feet. I'm up for it.

Just found a different pic of new Rav looks tastier from this angle IMO but still not sure.. :thumbsup: Stew

It does look a bit better. I'm sort of glad I didn't wait though. It's possibly, I don't know, too aggressive looking for my tastes.

No seafaring background either shcm - its all down to my years as a brake engineer me hearty.

Yeah, understand where it comes from. :thumbsup:

IMG_1074.jpg

I kind of like that picture, but it also made me wince. :(. I'm glad I've got the reversing camera :yes:

Shcm mght be up for it but he has a long journey. I have a stable with a manger (WTF is a manger?) he can stay in while he has a rest from that ruddy component supplier.

Let me chew it over.

Put the side bars from the previous RAV on mine today, plus a load of other small jobs (Changed headlamp bulbs etc). Putting stuff back in the car, can't believe the amount of apparently essential crud I cart around :no: Still got a fair few other things to fit. :thumbsup:

newrav.jpg

Very nice :thumbsup: (and a great colour too :rolleyes: )

Just found a different pic of new Rav looks tastier from this angle IMO but still not sure.. :thumbsup: Stew

It does look a bit better. I'm sort of glad I didn't wait though. It's possibly, I don't know, too aggressive looking for my tastes.

No seafaring background either shcm - its all down to my years as a brake engineer me hearty.

Yeah, understand where it comes from. :thumbsup:

IMG_1074.jpg

I kind of like that picture, but it also made me wince. :(. I'm glad I've got the reversing camera :yes:

Shcm mght be up for it but he has a long journey. I have a stable with a manger (WTF is a manger?) he can stay in while he has a rest from that ruddy component supplier.

Let me chew it over.

Put the side bars from the previous RAV on mine today, plus a load of other small jobs (Changed headlamp bulbs etc). Putting stuff back in the car, can't believe the amount of apparently essential crud I cart around :no: Still got a fair few other things to fit. :thumbsup:

Am I the only one to work it out???? Whilst he drills the branny car with one hand, he takes a phoaty with the other????

Just shows you the confidence I have instilled in him since I showed him how to dismantle my dashboard a few weeks ago.

Just getting a wee bit impatient now, waiting to have it put back together.........

Big Kev :lol:

newrav.jpg

Very nice :thumbsup: (and a great colour too :rolleyes: )

Yes SHCM that is a really really Classy motor :toast: and I believe yours has a few special extras, don't be shy Si what are they? Great car mate, I hope your very proud :yes: I would be... :drool: Stew

Am I the only one to work it out???? Whilst he drills the branny car with one hand, he takes a phoaty with the other????

Just shows you the confidence I have instilled in him since I showed him how to dismantle my dashboard a few weeks ago.

That was my initial reaction. I know the drill bit is vertical, but with the photo like that, it looks a bit dynamic, i.e. almost with the bits flying off. You have trained him well Kev ;).

Very nice. (and a great colour too :rolleyes: )

Yes SHCM that is a really really Classy motor and I believe yours has a few special extras, don't be shy Si what are they? Great car mate, I hope your very proud. I would be... Stew

Thanks chaps. It is performing very well at the moment. I though you might be OK with the colour Dave ;). LH, I went for the Toyota nav, (which has a music hard disk and a reverse camera with it.) That's probably why it was such a long time coming and why Anchs got his just before me - built to order I guess, but I still got the deal I wanted.

I did consider fitting something like a Kenwood Nav myself (trim surrounds for double DIN are available for 4.3), which is probably slightly more flexible and cheaper, but I suppose this way I don't have to bother and can do something else with the time.

• 1 year later...

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1085-3.jpg

Very neat job Anchs - I just knew you wouldn't be able to resist taking power tools to your new motor for long ;)

Just a thought - if anyone else is considering fitting sensors I would recommend using a 20mm hole saw rather than a flat bit as, once the center tip has broken through the thin plastic, it has nothing to guide it - hence the ill formed hole. If a hole saw is not available it may be possible to get a piece of wood behind/under where the hole is being drilled.

Are those sensors programmed for telegraph poles by the way :unsure:

Hi I am new to this site and too looking for parking sensors for 2007xt-r how can I get in touch with this member called kingo?

• 4 years later...

Hey Anchorman

I want to install reverse parking sensors to my 2012 Rav4 and was wondering whether you still had the PDF file referred to above? I can't get the link to work but those instructions look detailed and they'd be of great use.

Thanks a million

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links