Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Key Vs Rolling Road... Again...

-T- Sport

I decided to go back to the same Dyno @ TDi North to make a fair comparrison between my previous run and this one, Seen as I've had a High Flow Cat & Cat-back fitted.

Now... My Run on 22nd Dec, it was -2 outside when the run was done, Had K&N Typhoon fitted & TTE backbox. I pulled 206.8BHP / 151.1lbft Torque.. I thought the cold humidity may have helped with the reading...

Then... My Run on 3rd Mar (Today), it was +6 outside when the run was done, Have still got the K&N Typhoon fitted and a Custom MIJ Performance High-Flow Cat & Catback system. Results below... Both results shown on graph as old results were kept on record.

img057.jpg

214BHP / 152.6 lbft Torque. And Just FYI - Even though it's not shown on the chart, the WHP was 169.

The only reason I did this run was to see if the exhaust actually did anything, as you can see.. it did top end, but due to lack of back preasure from upgrading to a 2.25" pipe all the way through there's a nice drop in torque mid range. A nice piggyback would help sort that I suppose..

:thumbsup:

Camcon would help

Shame your weight disadvantage overrides your extra 12bhp on me ;)

we talking car weight or personal weight?.... if ur calling me fat i know where u live!!! ill come BWAHHHH outside ur house at 3am

nice key... buts its no K20 ... muwahaha.. ill behave i know u folks might take offense to that

:ban:

:P :lol:

So basically all the threads about people having exhasut bored to 2.5" have a lost a fair bit of Torque and if upgrading we should really have a 2" system!!! Nice power increase tho, think i may have done hehe :thumbsup:

I have no idea! As I've not seen any Printouts of said threads. It may decrease torqe mid-range but would presumably increase top end bhp. With the addition of a Camcon / HKS F-Con SZ you'd see that curve disapear a fair amount. As I'm running a tad lean atm. Long as I keep Lift and stay in the high revs it's all good. :lol:

Can't quite afford the £££ for a Piggyback or a full blown ECU atm though.

So basically all the threads about people having exhasut bored to 2.5" have a lost a fair bit of Torque and if upgrading we should really have a 2" system!!! Nice power increase tho, think i may have done hehe :thumbsup:

How much is a run there, not too far away i guess.

Whats high flow cat have you got t-sport and have you had any warning lights pop up????

How much is a run there, not too far away i guess.

This run was rather expensive at £52, but he did a few pulls, not just the one.

Whats high flow cat have you got t-sport and have you had any warning lights pop up????

My Whole System (Cat & Catback) is by MIJ Performance. No warning lights as of yet. :thumbsup:

:blink::unsure: No idea. :P haha.. I just told him to add a high flow cat, so he did. :P

I had a full system on my last car, headers, 200cell, and cat-back. Was the absolute mutts, however stupid engine light wouldnt go off :(

TBH, fitting a piggy back or a Greddy E manage would be a waste of money, i fit a Piggy back after i got my full exhaust system (pre-compressor) and it hasnt done much tbh, i cudnt tell n e difference, even if u do get a little bit extra bhp its not really worth paying that much money for such little gain. This is from my experience but its upto u in the end

That is a very nice gain!

I'm strongly concidering a MIJ system when i get the money together, i will going for a 2.5" though and i will get a before and after dyno run too.

Who cares about torque in the mid range anyway, it's not like we drive dirty diesels ;)

I saw the vid on youtube and it sounds fantastic.

thats a great bhp!

how much was it to dyno at TDI north?

edit. also do they show u an A/F ratio?

My warning light always pops on now specially when car is crawling at low revs. The sensors obviously don't like the 200cell cats. Think i'll replace with a 400 cell as resetting is doing my trump in!!

thats a great bhp!

how much was it to dyno at TDI north?

edit. also do they show u an A/F ratio?

Nick - The run was £52 INC VAT, He did a few pulls.

Unsure if they can show you the A/F ratio as there's a long list he can select to show, They just choose not to show many of them on the graphs otherwise they'll end up messy I suppose. This is how I know what the WHP was.

William - I'd be waiting a long time before I got one anyway! :lol: I'm happy with a reported 214, whether it be accurate or not. :thumbsup:

interesting was it busy - did u have any issues booking in etc? i might go there in a few weeks.

Well the do get busy, but can fit youin quite easily. Usually a few tuned Type-Rs to nose at while waiting.

Just give 'em a call.

214 Ponies, very impressive, don't tell Col :D :lol: ;)

Nice, no doubt another debate will be raised..... good info, good post. :)

Any debates will be ignored. :thumbsup: As I said previously, I only did it to see if it read any higher after swicthing exhausts.

*flame suit on*

nice figures keaWon........ 1 thing...... did you put on the wheels you did the original run on?

*keeps flame suit on and runs*

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links