Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Different Or What?

GIDDLEPIN

I like it.. but can we get the "view new posts" button back when you get the chance please.

It's ok.. I found it :unsure:

It's at the top Davy... there all the time too now!! :D

Edit: Too late replying!! :lol:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raistlin

• Bizarra

• balli hi

• KPARRIS-JONES

The trouble is its like learning a new OS, you have to get used to it and its a nuisance while you learn but they are still working on it and I'm sure we will get all the bugs ironed out.

Some of the detail is really nice and in a few days it will seem normal.

If I didn't like an OS I would keep using the previous one that I did like and simply ignore the 'new', awaiting its successor. This is a bit ME/Vista 'ish'. Seems like a great idea but just lacks the detailed bits that make it a nicer forum layout/design than the previous.

Clearly another version is not going to happen here as it is this or nothing. I just hope that some of the comments here are taken into account and given some consideration.

Has anyone tried to post a video since the board has been updated ?

Yes !!!! :censor:

I tried, since you mentioned it :crybaby:

Clicked on "Preview" as always, in case I'd made a mess of it............ Nothing :wacko:

Was afraid to go ahead & post, just to see if it made any difference, so I cancelled it.

Will this facility come back? It was just a slightly humourous one in "Off Topic"

Another Grouse :rolleyes:

As a total addict & overuser of Emoticons, could we please have them in proper alphabetical order? :help: Now is the time to ask, when the place is being tweaked.

I know exactly the ones I want, but have to scroll through as the alphabetical listings start & stop throughout.

When I say "overuser" I have , on a couple of occasions been told that I have used more than the forum allows. In self defence :lol: it has always been when I have been quoting someone who has quoted someone else, etc, etc.

I just got a shock! :o

I'm trying to be open-minded and I cannot decide whether or not I like it. It fits in with my custom PC theme, but it's odd. I preferred having pinned topics in their own "segment" as it were. I also found it easier to distinguish topics too..... odd but I'll try to cope.

I guess I got too used to the old layout, what a saddo I am eh? I'm 15 and am actually uprooted by this change.

I love the current colour tbh, but I will still have to get used to it. :yes:

Yes !!!! censored.gif

I tried, since you mentioned it crybaby.gif

Clicked on "Preview" as always, in case I'd made a mess of it............ Nothing wacko.gif

Was afraid to go ahead & post, just to see if it made any difference, so I cancelled it.

Will this facility come back? It was just a slightly humourous one in "Off Topic"

Is it us or a change on You Tube ? helpsmilie.gif

Yes !!!! censored.gif

Clicked on "Preview" as always, in case I'd made a mess of it............ Nothing wacko.gif

Coincidences happen, but I accept them as a last resort :unsure: Far too much of a coincidence to believe that You Tube & TOC have changed simultaneously :ffs:

Yes !!!! censored.gif

Coincidences happen, but I accept them as a last resort unsure.gif Far too much of a coincidence to believe that You Tube & TOC have changed simultaneously cursing.gif

From the scuttle butt this appears to be a work in progress, I like it but I want the video facility back, some colours toned down, a divider for the pinned topics and the text made sharper and darker.

When all is said this is a very credible effort, also 107oc.com is worth a look to see a different approach to site design.

Ok!!!

So my opinion has changed slightly, it looks much better at home on my lappy running a good resolution than it did at work. At work there were loads of scrolling about and it hurt my eyes more.. just seems a bit bright!!

I'll just use it less at work, that all!

I thought it was a bad dream... but no its still here! I still don’t like it :(

It’s not 1680 x 1050 resolution friendly either :ffs:

Why can i no longer find my old topics ?, before the change i could search the forum by simply typing the topic title i wanted to find and it would come up , but for some reason the number of back topics are limited to a few pages and i can't retrieve the information i want :ffs:

unless 'balli hi' posts, in which case his one post fills the whole screen.

:lol: Sorry about that , i know what you mean though , i think this can be resolved by using all of the space provided where a members Interests are displayed , only the right hand side of the column is taken up leaving the left side blank , where as just below where the car model information is displayed all of the available space is taken up from left to right , or maybe the simple answer would be to place the information back where it was before where a members interests were only viewable under a members profile .

Day 2 :(

I should add to previous comments that I do appreciate the immense amount of work & thought put into the change. Did Steve do all this or were outside experts called in to help ? Seems a lot for a one man job. :eek: Late now to mention it, but if it had been discussed beforehand with the Members opinions taken into account & the most sensible of them used, it might have been more satisfactory to all. I realise that it must be hurtful to have all this work done & to sit there taking a lot of flack & moans.

That said, I still don't like it, but am getting used to it :lol: There is an old saying and worthy of all men to be believed " If it ain't broke, don't fix it " :thumbsup:

Can only say (and this is MY opinion not Les's) that its OK!! Nothing drastic seems to have changed for me :unsure: >>>>>nope cant find anything wrong!!

The new colour is different but no big deal. The new set out seems understandable (and I am thick ;) ).

Give it time folks and I will bet you will have forgotten the old days :wheelchair: <<<< if an oldie like me can get on with it surely you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colour will always be difficult, some people like this, others that. So we just have to live with it, there can be no pleasing everyone.

Again the format is slightly different but change is good for the soul....I'm told! :lol:

I am sure I will get used to it .....with time.

The only thing I don't like is the homepage, it is way to busy :wacko: So I will be changing my shortcut to bypass the homepage and head straight for the forum....problem solved :thumbsup:

Time for a piece of philosophy ?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.

--Maya Angelou

Is there a "mark posts as read" option - and if so where do I find it. Each time I log on I see an increasing number of "new" posts, most of which I have already read.

Apologies if I am missing something obvious.

I think this site looks great,

It's just like using your other hand and pretending it's someone else...

I think that the white with red is too harsh.

The blue made it softer on the eyes although I do like the colour scheme.

hhhhm still am not fully decided. :wacko:

The background colour is so similar to the old one, i can hardly tell the difference, if it is different then its 1 shade lighter.

The search feature is to come, we had an issue with it buts on the list. You can find a search box on the bottom left of the category, for instance if you goto Yaris section on the bottom left of the forum is a search box. Google search will be back as we can then do 2 letter searches.

Profiles are to be looked at. But all the functionalty is there if not more.

Very very stuff will go too. Burgundy will stay.

I will try and upload a basic skin for the visially impaired. Something that is needed, but maybe a week or so.

It may be one shade but that's one shade too different.

I do like the layout, only problems are found with the lack of the options tool bar, and the fact that pinned topics are within the same list as active topics. :P

wow this forum layout blows... i mean seriously who came up with this idea?

and SEROUSLY WHY NOT TEST WITH END USERS FIRST?

bad idea... real bad.

Without accepting the fact that everything changes, we cannot find perfect composure.

But unfortunately, although it is true, it is difficult for us to accept it.

Because we cannot accept the truth of transience, we suffer.

He who rejects change is the architect of decay.

Its going to take alot of getting used to, first impression is that the pages are very busy with alot going on....very confusing and off putting..not a fan of the little things like facebook and twitter links etc...the google adds just make things look even more busy.

I know someone has put in alot of effort, but I think a simple colour change on the original site would have been enough.

Its put me off visiting to be honest....sorry to whoever put all the effort in but 2/10 for result.