Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lambda Sensors

richard.c

Hi,

Have got to buy a new lambda / oxygen sensor for my 7AFE 1.8 petrol Avensis - the problem is from who .. ?

Any comments from anyone having bought this sensor from the last two sources would be appreciated.

Toyota price - list - £400 - discounting to around £350

LambdaPower - £245 - state its a genuine Toyota sensor with photo showing Toyota markings on the sensor.

Euro Car Part - £160 - state its made by Denso ( know they make many Toyota parts but not sure if they are the OEM for these sensors )

Well if Euro Car Part are saying its made by Denso go with that. Toyota cars have mostly Denso and Bosch parts on them.

Hi,

Have got to buy a new lambda / oxygen sensor for my 7AFE 1.8 petrol Avensis - the problem is from who .. ?

Any comments from anyone having bought this sensor from the last two sources would be appreciated.

LambdaPower - £245 - state its a genuine Toyota sensor with photo showing Toyota markings on the sensor.

Euro Car Part - £160 - state its made by Denso ( know they make many Toyota parts but not sure if they are the OEM for these sensors )

Denso are the original suppliers of the Leanburn sensors. Make sure that the ones supplied by Europarts have similar numbers to your old sensor - 89463‑2**** or similar.

The price is very good as Toyota leanburn sensors go. I paid £225 two years ago.

The best thing you can do is go to Eurocarparts if one is local, buy one and install it there. If the light goes out, as it should then you have the correct sensor.

Hi,

Denso are the original suppliers of the Leanburn sensors. Make sure that the ones supplied by Europarts have similar numbers to your old sensor - 89463‑2**** or similar.

The price is very good as Toyota leanburn sensors go. I paid £225 two years ago.

The best thing you can do is go to Eurocarparts if one is local, buy one and install it there. If the light goes out, as it should then you have the correct sensor.

i got one for a 7afe carina from unipart, just over 100 quid and worked fine, no problems, if you have your check engine light on dont forget to pull the fuse to reset the light afterwards

Hi,

Richard, In another recent thread,you stated that you passed the MOT even though the EML would come on every so often. You are not the first who has said that. It sounds like the 7AFE engine uses the sensor to control the lean mixture more than the actual emissions, or the heater part of the sensor is not as critical. It could just be a wiring fault throwing an EML.

I have had EML illuminate a few times, only when I have used Asda petrol!!! Shell seems to be fine.

if you pass the MOT without any issues, and get good fuel economy, save your money.

It is a risk but you know where to get the sensor cheaply.

Konrad

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the input - it seems a very toublesome problem with the Avensis, particularly with the ridiculous price of the sensor from Toyota.

My original sensor failed with a duff heater, causing the check light to stay on all the time, but then both a new unbranded aftermarket sensor and even a scrap yard sensor gave this same low revs intermittant check light problem which self cancels afer a few mins of higher revs.

It got though the mot, same station and test machine as last year, don't know if that was really down to that Cataclean or as suggested the use of Shell petrol for the last few months instead of the Adsa /Sainsbury stuff.

With it passing I thought might be worth keeping the car a bit longer and hence my thinking of getting a 'good' sensor ?? - paying £400 from Toyota is the same as the value of the whole car ! - will check the Unitpart prices too - but on balance it might just be worth leaving untill the next years mot, and as you say I know where I can buy OEMs now.

thanks again.