Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sayonara

Darkside

After three years of happy (and almost faultless) motoring, my T180 is going. So it's a case of goodbye from me, and goodbye from him (or her, do cars really have a gender?!wacko.gif )

Thanks to all those who have helped me on here during my ownership, especially on the rev.camera - JHRC and SCHMthumbsup.gif

As I say the car was perfect (as was my first RAV a few years ago) the dealers were terrific. I was lucky not to need to play with the runflats, but Toyota's stance on changing them (when I asked) was definitely a factor in looking elswhere. The biggest factor however was the lack of something as well specced both with equipment and engine power as the t180.

Looked at a few cars, but only seriously at two (CRV and Mazda CX-7). Honda was well built but bit bland and the D-tec engine felt dead compared with the shove of the t180. Mazda a whole diffent ballgame. Handling is amazing, the suspension has been well tweaked for the uk, and the power (similar bhp and torque to the t180) feels spot on yet the ride was quiet and sooo refined.

So until RAV number three occurs (sure I'll have another again!) that's me signing out

Watch those OEM 19" CX-7 tyres. The CX-7 was based on the Mazda6 4WD, and the OEM tyres on it were useless in the winter. I had several near hits and ended up buying a set of proper winter tyres. And then a T180 :rolleyes:

And I don't think the CX-7 comes with any kind of diff lock?

Good Luck with the mazda and don't forget to visit us from time to time. It helps, but you don't have to own a Toyota to hang out here!

All the best :thumbsup:

Watch those OEM 19" CX-7 tyres. The CX-7 was based on the Mazda6 4WD, and the OEM tyres on it were useless in the winter. I had several near hits and ended up buying a set of proper winter tyres. And then a T180 rolleyes.gif

And I don't think the CX-7 comes with any kind of diff lock?

Thanks for the info, not got it yet so uncertain of what make of tyre they are though Bridgestone Duellers possible in that size - sound familiar!!

At least I am getting a spare wheelyahoo.gif (spacesaver) so thats gotta be good.

As for diff lock, in three years (even this ropey winter) not had to use the electronic version on the t180 once. Come to think of it never needed the 'real' dif lock on my original 4.1 and had that 4 years.

Good Luck with the mazda and don't forget to visit us from time to time. It helps, but you don't have to own a Toyota to hang out here!

All the best thumbsup.gif

Cheerssmile.gif

All the best Darkside.

Keep having a look at us and let us know how you get on.

• 1 month later...

Hello again from the Mr.T defector!

I'm about 6 weeks and 1200 miles in to CX-7 ownership and have to say I'm very happy. I'm not a fast typer so a brief rundown:

What I miss about T180:

V.Slightly more power - due to Mazda being a little bigger/heavier

Touch screen control for bluetooth/phone

Curry/carrier bag hooks

Info for the car from this forum (Mazda forum in uk seems non-existent)

Yep, that is about it!

What I prefer on the Mazda:

No runflats

Materials/finish inside/paint quality outside is tougher than the Rav

Much quieter/smoother engine

Engine warms up as quick a petrol (so warm air before I freeze!)

'Sportier' cabin/seats better support

Handling and bump smoothing

Sat nav not 'locked' when moving

xenon headlights

Reversing Camera (better than the one I had to fit to the Rav)

Bose stereo

Memory seat

3 yrs breakdown included

I have not listed the gimmicks (of which there are a lot), just the bits I genuinely prefer. When Toyota dropped the 180bhp I thought I may not stay with them next time. Their response (or lack of) on runflats was also relevant. I can truly say if any T180/SR180 owners are looking to buy a new 4x4 then it is a very good replacement and a genuine change.

thumbsup.gif

Ah well, back to the obscurity of Mazda forum hunting, but nice to post on here once moreclap.gif

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links