Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wet Floor

YARIS_99

HI THERE,

JUST RECENTLY HAD A PROBLAIM WITH MY YARIS, THE BACK FLOOR KEEPS GEETING WET? NO WIDOWS ARE LEFT OPEN OVER NIGHT AND NO SPLIT DRINKS

COULD ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS MATTER

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE

Had a problem with our 2000 Yaris (as has at least one other person on this forum...) that might just be the cause...

If you open the hatchback, you'll see where the wires go inbetween the car and the hatch. There's a big black gromit meant to seal the connection where it goes into the body.

Ours was leaking. Everytime it rained or we washed the car (or snow melted on the roof....), water got in through this seal, ran down the insides of the rear quarter panels and ran our into the boot.

If you're is doing the same, there's just a chance that its running forward and running into the rear footwell.

Worth a look anyway...

I sealed mine with some "duct tape" around the gromit, sealing it onto the hole in the roof panel. Not pretty, but you can't see it unless the hatch is open and mine lasted OK for two years like that.....

HI THERE,

JUST RECENTLY HAD A PROBLAIM WITH MY YARIS, THE BACK FLOOR KEEPS GEETING WET? NO WIDOWS ARE LEFT OPEN OVER NIGHT AND NO SPLIT DRINKS

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE

How old is your car? What model is it? Three or five door? How many owners? How long have you had the car? Any modifications?

HI THERE,

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE

How old is your car? What model is it? Three or five door? How many owners? How long have you had the car? Any modifications?

its a yaris GLS 1.0 T reg 3 door. im the 3rd owner i havent done any modifications. its really doing my head in, every time i get in the car under and feel under my mats its wet and its not been raining the night before.

Thanks

with mine its jus the back floor i dont know if its going inside of the rear quarter panel and into the boot.

The floor always seems to be wet even when its not rained or when ive washed my car.

Thanks for the advise and ill check it out.

Had a problem with our 2000 Yaris (as has at least one other person on this forum...) that might just be the cause...

If you open the hatchback, you'll see where the wires go inbetween the car and the hatch. There's a big black gromit meant to seal the connection where it goes into the body.

Ours was leaking. Everytime it rained or we washed the car (or snow melted on the roof....), water got in through this seal, ran down the insides of the rear quarter panels and ran our into the boot.

If you're is doing the same, there's just a chance that its running forward and running into the rear footwell.

Worth a look anyway...

I sealed mine with some "duct tape" around the gromit, sealing it onto the hole in the roof panel. Not pretty, but you can't see it unless the hatch is open and mine lasted OK for two years like that.....

with mine its jus the back floor i dont know if its going inside of the rear quarter panel and into the boot.

The floor always seems to be wet even when its not rained or when ive washed my car.

Worth a look anyway...

Does your rear wash/wipe work? If not it could be leaking from the broken/loose pipe/connector.

Is it both sides that are wet or just the one, and does it have an aftermarket sunroof fitted?

With a 10 year old car the door seals could be perishing, as mentioned the rear wash wipe could be disconnected or leaking, any rubber grommets or seals could be cracked and causing the leak/s.

Any odours to the water?

Do you have air con? If so is there a puddle of water outside of the car when it’s on? If not the pipe could be blocked and leaking inside instead of going outside.

Worth a look anyway...

Does your rear wash/wipe work? If not it could be leaking from the broken/loose pipe/connector.

Is it both sides that are wet or just the one, and does it have an aftermarket sunroof fitted?

yes the rear wash/wipe does work. both sides of the back floor are wet to. it has a standered sunroof, and no ac

Thank you

Sister in law had a pug 106, sunroof used to leak in that causing the rear carpets and seat to be wet.

Maybe it's your sunroof?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links