Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pollen Filter

avensis2002

The pollen filter is behind the passenger side glove compartment.

The glove compartment can be unhooked from its damper(s) and then easily removed by pulling it backward.

The glove compartment can be unhooked from its damper(s) and then easily removed by pulling it backward.

i took the glove box off can not see pollen filter but only noticed the fan heater box :wacko:

i took the glove box off can not see pollen filter but only noticed the fan heater box :wacko:

if you look closely you will see a cover that can be removed....its behind their..

if you look closely you will see a cover that can be removed....its behind their..

Thanks for the comment but i am a bit confused if its behind there how can u get to it as i could not see anything behind this heater fan box apart from wiring loom and all ecu boxes on side :huh::help:

Yep, looks like this.

:thumbsup: Thanks will look into this again tomorrow now as that u have send a pic to help much appreciated..ta

... i could not see anything behind this heater fan box ...

The pollen filter is inside the fan box, not behind it, in a slot just above the fan.

Here's an other picture of the entire heater/fan system.

(You'll have to mirror it, because it's the LHD version.)

post-84513-12691153729_thumb.png

Yep, looks like this.

:thumbsup: Thanks will look into this again tomorrow now as that u have send a pic to help much appreciated..ta

sorry to be a pest but any chance of sending the full sub assy picture

Yep, looks like this.

here you go its a rav heater box but its the same..

cabinfilter.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

hi ..

this is a gud picture to describe what it looks like but looking at the picture this is not what mine looks like as the colour is black and theres is nothing like this at the front ...mmmmm :huh::blink:

what model is this pic off please as my car is a TOYOTA AVENSIS GS HATCHBACK 2002 1.8 VVTI ..... :thumbsup:

what model is this pic off please as my car is a TOYOTA AVENSIS GS HATCHBACK 2002 1.8 VVTI ..... :thumbsup:

Is the pollen filter on 2002 models not accessed from drivers footwell?

I changed mine recently & thats how I did it. My fiter was the 2 part type (Toyota part No 8888020100)

I changed mine recently & thats how I did it. My fiter was the 2 part type (Toyota part No 8888020100)

yip mate your right 2002 covers the newer shape and the old one...so yip two piece pollin filter not too hard to change its in the left hand side of the drivers foot well(to the left of the clutch pedal)

the newer 2002

toyota-avensis-saloon-diesel_968368.jpg

the older one

LK02DHA.jpg

yip mate your right 2002 covers the newer shape and the old one...so yip two piece pollin filter not too hard to change its in the left hand side of the drivers foot well(to the left of the clutch pedal)

the newer 2002

toyota-avensis-saloon-diesel_968368.jpg

the older one

LK02DHA.jpg

This is the model i have as per pic ,,,willcheck this out tomorrow : :thumbsup:

Ahh.... That explains your problem locating the filter.

2002 was the year of Avensis' generation change from gen 1 to generation 2, and its Type designation changed from T22 to T25 and became a different car.

You'd better put that in your profile (T22), to avoid future confusion. :huh:

BTW, in 2009 the Avensis went from second- to its third generation, Type T27.

:thumbsup:

Ahh.... That explains your problem locating the filter.

2002 was the year of Avensis' generation change from gen 1 to generation 2, and its Type designation changed from T22 to T25 and became a different car.

You'd better put that in your profile (T22), to avoid future confusion. :huh:

BTW, in 2009 the Avensis went from second- to its third generation, Type T27.

:thumbsup::yahoo: Thanks for the help got this sorted found where it is very easy to access .Just need to find out how much it is now as Toyota dealers wont be cheap u know what they are like ...lol

see if local suppliers do them ... by the way should it be grey or white the filter elements as the one i got out was grey/black ...

cleaned it with dyson vac but might as well change it ...

These flters are intended to be replaced periodically and discarded.

They are white from new, and turn black over time. :!Removed!:

Better replace it, for your own health.

could anyone tell me where the polen filter is on a new shape avensis?/(aug 2003...D4D).Thank you

could anyone tell me where the polen filter is on a new shape avensis?/(aug 2003...D4D).Thank you

as said BEHIND THE GLOVE BOX...

• 1 year later...

I have the same avensis and I pulled out the glove box to get at the pollen filter, only to find that it wasnt there. Then i read the rest of the tread and found it on the drivers side :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: