Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuse Box With Mini-Fuses

Speed_Chaser

Hey!

Some help needed... Do you know if there's a fuse box (with mini-fuses) inside the car, like there is inside the engine bay? I've found only some big fuses by removing plastic cover which has mirror control button on it...

Best regards, Alex

hi,

i found mine the other day, its under the glove box, a little plastic panel comes off then there is like a gray, white cover take that off and they should be there.

dont take the glove box out though.

hope that might help

Cheers for the tip, will take a look here some day :)

Best regards, Alex

FOUND IT!! It was on driver's side. Just a small plastic grey/white hatch which had all the fuses drawn on it. When I opened it, the fuses were there. The hatch wasn't behind any panel, I could see it when I went lying on my back on the floor and looked straight up. Maybe someone with LHD car will find this useful.

Best regards, Alex

would be useful for the LHD.

mine is right hand so thats the reason its on the passenger side.

sorry.

darren

mine is right hand so thats the reason its on the passenger side.

sorry.

darren

No problem mate, luckily I figured that out pretty fast as I'm kinda used to it that things can be on the other side than they're in your cars there :)

Best regards, Alex

• 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I have a an Auris Hybrid RHD The book says it is a type B behind the glove box and shows a picture with just 4 fuse 30a fuse holders two of which have fuses in. There is no normal fuse box unless it is behind all the plugs which look fixed. I am trying to fit a Dash cam and want to fit a fuse piggy back off the Power socket. The book shows this on a type A ( same place as the Prius) but not a type B I have searched everywhere Can anybody help?

In LHD car it's facing down, so best way to see it is to lying on the seat head on on floor. It's the bottom side of the same box where you found the big fuses. It has a plastic cover which needs to be removed.

Thanks to everyone I found it. The hint was it is in the same box as the big ones but underneath. The glove box does not need to be removed but there is a black plastic cover under the dash that does. Put a mirror on the floor and it can be seen easy. Daft place to put it as in an emergency I would have been stuck. Once I get the mini fuse piggy-backs I will wire up the dash cam and take pics.

• 2 months later...

I found this elsewhere, seems a pretty dumb place to put, it if the following is true

Ques Can anyone please tell me where to locate the main fuse box on my Toyota Auris?

I need to locate the cigarette lighter fuse. Thanks.

Answer(s)

There are two fuse boxes, one is under the bonnet and the other is underneath the glove box. When you remove the glove box you will see a circuit board in front of you. The fuse box is underneath this circuit board and can be accessed by looking vertically up from the floor. Toyota Mechs must be contortionists. @ 72 I'm not so flexible as I was.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on holiday when this came in but I guess you have found it by now. The fuses are marked on the inside of the cover. I could not get a fuse piggy back of the same type if flush fitting fuses but standard mini fuses fit ok but the cover will need modification if you want to refit it. Daft place to put it and Murphy Law says the fuses could fall out as they are upside down but they do fit tight. If you need pics I have posted them on the dash cam thread.

Thanks Ian. TBH I gave up on the DIY approach, blimey, it wasn't half making my head go funny. :disgust:

In the end I paid to have mine fitted, I though bu55er it, let someone else's head go funny.

The fuses are situated in such a ridiculous place, that I've since wondered if the whole fuse panel maybe hinges down. :ermm:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links