Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Celica Alarm

dave_celica

I unplugged the negative terminal of my celica Battery to undertake a modification and the alarm started going off. When re-connecting the negative terminal the car alarm now wont work! Any ideas why? Cheers.

Dave.

Maybe you have caused an error code of some sort to turn on. Reset the ECU fuse under the bonnet and this should clear it.

Open the black fuse box under the bonnet on the right side of the engine bay.

Underneath of the lid the is a diagram telling you which fuse is which.

I'd remove both the ecu and the efi fuse for 30secs just to make sure everything is definately cleared.

:thumbsup:

Cool, I shall give it a go! A guy from the Toyota garage suggested disconnecting the negative terminal of the Battery then removing the 'dome' fuse, reconnect the negative terminal and put the dome fuse back in again but that didn’t work. He recons the alarm is probably busted now.

If I replace the ECU and EFI fuses like you said, that wont harm the management system or confuse it will it? Only I have an induction kit instead of an air box and a mod chip in the 'intake air temperature sensor' to make the ICU think its receiving colder air.

Cheers boss!

Dave.

Mate, I got it sorted in the end. Not one of the 10 Toyota Garages had a ****** clue because they no nothing about cars. I tried the ECU/EFI thing and it doesn’t make a difference. Taking out the ECU/EFI in fact has absolutely nothing to do with the alarm faults. The problem is that you need to take out the DOME fuse before undertaking any electrical operation (i.e. disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery). This wont break your alarm but it tells the alarm to shut down temporarily. Basically I was told to disconnect the negative terminal of the Battery and take out the DOME fuse until the back up siren goes off. This drains the Battery and sets the car alarm on permanently. To get the alarm to work again you need to jump start the car with the DOME fuse back in place and then hold down the alarm button on your remote. This deactivates the lock on the alarm and your back to normal!

Dave.