Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Added An Aux Input To The Standard Stereo?

A2B

Hi all, im a newbie Auris owner about to collect it tomorrow, 2.0 TR D-4D (2007). First time owning a diesel :)

I would like to add an AUX input to the standard radio (not ipod, just plain old aux), been googling all over and cant find anything definite on this topic. I have used Connects2 adaptors in other cars but their website does not specifically mention an adaptor for the Auris. Perhaps the corolla one will work?:

http://www.connects2.co.uk/c2search.aspx?catID=42&manID=232&modID=596

Has anyone done this sucessfully? Any alternatives you may know of?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Hi and congrats for your new aquisition; I'm sure that you'll be pleased about it.

I'm planning to fit this adapter. It has not only aux but USB and SD too; a friend of mine already fitted one like this on his Avensis and the interface works great.

• Like 1

Anybody got the Toyota Ipod adaptor fitted?

Dont have the toyota Ipod adaptor but i do have one of these;

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/Dension_ice%3ELink_FM_Modulator

And it works great, no interferance, charges Ipod has aux slot so can plug in other media, and it works with the my auris sat nav unit / any unit with aerial in.

Anybody got the Toyota Ipod adaptor fitted?

I've had it before my stereo upgrade...

Best regards, Alex

I can tell you first hand the Connects2 leads DONT work with AURIS!!

Both the Aux in CTVTYX001 and CTVTYX002 models say they are for the Fujitsu 10 stereo but the Auris is slightly different to both of these!

This I have found is best solution! Works great in AURIS!!

Link: http://www.my-io.com/Products/iOCONNECT.aspx

with an additional SOT lead required to convert wiring which is:

Link: http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/autoleads-sot062-toyota-4runner-amazon-auris-avensis-camry-parrot-p-2264.html

and best price for this is here:

Link: http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/lcca/mia/d/io+connect+audio+streaming+kit/pid/9753139?afid=88888

Enjoy!

Thanks MXMaster, you are 100% correct - the Connects2 adaptor (CTVTYX002) doesnt work. I had aleady ordered it before I saw your post :(

But I can confirm the dension gateway 100 (for toyota) works fine in my Auris. Pricey tho (£100), but it adds some ipod control features if I want. What we do for music hey! Volume is a bit low via the dension 100, but apparantly you can increase the volume using a firmware update of some kind. Havnt tried yet.

Thanks to all for the replies.

I have just tried fitting my Dension ice-link one to my Auris but am not getting anywhere. Has anyone done this and been successful. Any help much appreciated.

I have just tried fitting my Dension ice-link one to my Auris but am not getting anywhere. Has anyone done this and been successful. Any help much appreciated.

I would go for the gateway 100 if your cd changer port is available. I havnt used the fm one before, it looks like it just plugs into the FM aerial input

• 4 months later...

I can tell you first hand the Connects2 leads DONT work with AURIS!!

Both the Aux in CTVTYX001 and CTVTYX002 models say they are for the Fujitsu 10 stereo but the Auris is slightly different to both of these!

This I have found is best solution! Works great in AURIS!!

Link: http://www.my-io.com/Products/iOCONNECT.aspx

with an additional SOT lead required to convert wiring which is:

Link: http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/autoleads-sot062-toyota-4runner-amazon-auris-avensis-camry-parrot-p-2264.html

and best price for this is here:

Link: http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/lcca/mia/d/io+connect+audio+streaming+kit/pid/9753139?afid=88888

Enjoy!

Hi MXMaster

Thank you for this post, I have been many months trying to find a solution to the lack of AUX input on my Auris.

I have endured long telephone conversations with quite a few after market suppliers trying to explain to them that their claims that their products work with the Auris were wrong.

I have a 2009 Toyota Auris 1.6SR with the Fujitsu 10 installed. I hope your links are correct as I am about to order !

I find it disappointing that Toyota haven’t caught up with the fact that MP3 players exist yet. I could not believe it when I discovered that my new car didn’t have a basic AUX in. It’s not something I thought I would have to check in the year 2009 !! However as it is costing me nearly £100 to fix this oversight I shall be checking the next time I buy a car !

Thanks again for your links.

Hi

Just to warn anyone else reading this thread hoping to fix the omission of a standard Aux input on their new Toyota Auris that the items the links posted refer to are not what you may be expecting.

The IO Connect unit is a replacement amplifier for your original car radio and not an adaptor to use the factory fitted one. This means the sound quality may not be what you are expecting and you cannot use your steering wheel volume controls etc.

To date (20.08.10) there is no solution to fix the missing Aux problem in Toyota Auris stereos.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the 2010 face-lift versions all include an AUX input in the glove box. I took a HSD for a test drive the other week and sure I saw one in there. (It could have been a USB connection though as Toyota's website only list a USB connection in the spec).

What I do with my current Auris is just burn MP3s to a CD. Not ideal if you want to use your iPod, but I don't mind as I don't own an iPod!

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the 2010 face-lift versions all include an AUX input in the glove box. I took a HSD for a test drive the other week and sure I saw one in there. (It could have been a USB connection though as Toyota's website only list a USB connection in the spec).

What I do with my current Auris is just burn MP3s to a CD. Not ideal if you want to use your iPod, but I don't mind as I don't own an iPod!

Hi Gav 18

You probably saw an iPod adaptor cable and not a standard Aux in. You can buy one of those cables for your car but it costs over £100 !!!

Also it would only allow the connection of an iPod not anything else like a sat nav or MP3 player.

It seems as if the Toyota budget for in-car entertainment was very limited during the production of the Auris. I wonder how much it would have cost to include this standard input on the Fujitsu radios at production ? Pennies surly.

The only way to make any sort of connection to your Toyota stereo is to use a FM transmitter kit. All the ones I have tried so far have been poor sound quality.

Sorry.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 9/21/2015 at 8:25 PM, Konrad C said:

It may work flawlessly and thanks for the post. I have a question regarding the use and functionality of it though.

Will I be able to receive and use the bluetooth function if I’m tuned in to the radio for example?

9 hours ago, Paulscarbs said:

It may work flawlessly and thanks for the post. I have a question regarding the use and functionality of it though.

Will I be able to receive and use the Bluetooth function if I’m tuned in to the radio for example?

Most of these bluetooth adapters should work, whatever the source (including the radio). Here is an example - I was listening to the radio when a call came through. The phone was set to  auto answer ( Instructions state - press the plus track up button to answer). I received the call, then when the call ended the radio resumed. To end the call press track down. 

With my model, there are a couple improvements it needs. The music bluetooth playback is in mono, where as the memory stick/micro SD source is in stereo. The volume could be a little louder for the phone calls. I have to turn up the volume a little. I only use the bluetooth for receiving calls only and the MP3 from memory stick.  

Thanks for clarifying this Konrad.

Given your experience please could you clarify the information I received from the supplier today:

The adapter will only operate in CDC mode, so if you are in radio mode and a call comes it, you will need to manually switch back to CDC mode in order to hear it thru the Speakers.

Also, any idea what happens to calls if the phone isn’t set to auto answer?

The adapter I am using receives calls in all modes - radio, CD, and using the MP3 mode through the adapter itself. Since my Samsung Galaxy and every other android phone has auto answer, I did not test the manual button, the up/next track to answer call. I used my cordless home phone to call my mobile to do this test a few minutes ago.
Confirm the adapter you are interested in and the seller. I will message him what it does in Toyota's.