Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Egr Valve Location On A D-Cat

rkdl28

Hello, I've been having smoking problems on my D-cat 2.0 and think cleaning this may just help but its location seems to be different than on most other engines featured here. I've taken a few pictures to see if anyone can help me. Thanks a lot in advance. Rob.

post-85777-127067219384_thumb.jpg

post-85777-127067223894_thumb.jpg

post-85777-127067228668_thumb.jpg

Not familiar with the engine so can't locate from the pics but might be able to give you a clue. EGR Valve is Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve so it connects between the exhaust and inlet manifolds somewhere. Look for something connected to both and you should have cracked it (but not the turbo :rolleyes: ) Sorry if I'm telling you something you already know but have seen your posts on this before and no-one seems to have given you the info yet.

Not familiar with the engine so can't locate from the pics but might be able to give you a clue. EGR Valve is Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve so it connects between the exhaust and inlet manifolds somewhere. Look for something connected to both and you should have cracked it (but not the turbo :rolleyes: ) Sorry if I'm telling you something you already know but have seen your posts on this before and no-one seems to have given you the info yet.

Cheers for that matey, any info is useful because I'm really not too sure!

picture 100_3291.JPG

look at, the vacum pump at the top of the bulkhead,

Just under that looks like alittle sourcepan with little pipes.

picture 100_3291.JPG

look at, the vacum pump at the top of the bulkhead,

Just under that looks like alittle sourcepan with little pipes.

In layman's terms the silver thing under the big black thing!!???

• 1 month later...

an update. I found the valve and have cleaned both that and the manifold it lead to which was absolutely clogged with oil and soot. It's a wonder the thing ever moved! Now, however, I have a problem. Before I did the clean the engine management light was on and after a few days I lost power on acceleration. This has happened before and I just assumed it had gone into limp mode and it would be sorted later. After the clean though the light went off and I thought all was well but the lack of power remained. Its been plugged in at the garage but shows no faults. I've been told it could be the fuel pump which is a worry. I also have a loud noise that begins when I accelerate and then stops. I'm told its a bearing in the power steering pump but could it actually be coming from the fuel pump which is nearby? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links