Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radiator Problem

stratos72

hello dear friends

,im having a problem with my rav4 model toyota 2007 year and i wonder if you can help me because here in my country they dont really find where is the problem mainly...so here is my cars problem, WHEN I DRIVE FEW MILES A PRESSURE HAPPENING TO RADIATOR AND TAKE OUT WATER FROM THE SMALL VESSEL BOWL OUT AND WHEN THE CAR IS STOPPED THERE IS WATER DOWN ON ROAD THAT CAMES AS I SAID FROM THE SMALL VESSEL....what do you think it may be the problem please?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

hello dear friends

,im having a problem with my rav4 model toyota 2007 year and i wonder if you can help me because here in my country they dont really find where is the problem mainly...so here is my cars problem, WHEN I DRIVE FEW MILES A PRESSURE HAPPENING TO RADIATOR AND TAKE OUT WATER FROM THE SMALL VESSEL BOWL OUT AND WHEN THE CAR IS STOPPED THERE IS WATER DOWN ON ROAD THAT CAMES AS I SAID FROM THE SMALL VESSEL....what do you think it may be the problem please?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

hello mate

welcome aboard !!!

ok re yr problem -- this small white vessel is called as coolant expansion tank and. it is deemed yr car is rather new. the are two possible reasons: lid gasket wear down and overfilling of this expansion tank with coolant -- this tank has two marks as NORMAL and LOW -- in case your actual level is higher than NORMAL then when heated up coolant starts to get expanded giving a leak thru a small 2-3 cm plastic tube on the filling hole. check with level first. i do not believe your gasket got leaked cos it is fresh but only actual level must be in question. Cheers/Igor

If you'll pay me fare, I'll come and fix it :lol:

as igor says, it maybe that you are overfilling the wee tank.... I'd need to see the car though :drool: :drool:

If you'll pay me fare, I'll come and fix it :lol:

as igor says, it maybe that you are overfilling the wee tank.... I'd need to see the car though :drool: :drool:

yes and i do not conside the Author has missed both this leak and condensate drain from sppecial tube at the same car sode :) in case the A/C was ON preior to engine turn OFF. Cheers/igor

If its coolant that your loosing then I think its the Cylinder Head Gasket, its a known fault with the 2.2 diesel. Get it checked sooner rather than later because you can damage the Cylinder Head if its not caught early, also a known fault. hope I'm wrong Mike

If its coolant that your loosing then I think its the Cylinder Head Gasket, its a known fault with the 2.2 diesel. Get it checked sooner rather than later because you can damage the Cylinder Head if its not caught early, also a known fault. hope I'm wrong Mike

Mike hi

the point is the MrT mechanics did check the coolant colour and found nothing wrong - this confirms that it is not a gasket. Cheers/Igor

i blew a gasket once and the doctor put me on valium.

• 2 weeks later...

hello guys and thanks for the reply but i also want to thank u mike because when i took it to toyota garage service and they had a look for ur answers and mike was the right one it was the Head Gasket and finaly now they focus on something and they r trying to fix it ,i have my car there for 2 weeks now and seem not to be very professional here in official toyota garage but at list is on quarantine my car.

also i want to ask you what kind of engine oil is the best for my car rav4 2007 model d4d ? the mobile one or the simple mineral oil with out synthetic?

thanks all you guys for ur help

• 4 weeks later...

hello again dear friends

i just want to inform u guys about the problem with my car ,after they found out that was the gasket problem in toyotas garage here in my country and long time my car was held inside and after a lot of contacts with toyota japan how to fix it they sent me a new engine from japan with dhl post and they install it here ,,,because i dont know what became and toyota from japan decides to sent me a new engine ,but here in toyotas cyprus garage they said to me that the engine has no quarantine anything happens to the engine and i really wonder if toyota agent here says the truth about this? CAN ANYONE PLEASE INFORM ME ?

thank guys for ur precious help

Here in the UK such parts and labour have a 12 month guarantee or the remainder of the 3 year 60k miles whichever is the most.

I would phone Toyota in Cyprus direct and ask them.

Here in the UK such parts and labour have a 12 month guarantee or the remainder of the 3 year 60k miles whichever is the most.

I would phone Toyota in Cyprus direct and ask them.

yes the same is in the Ukraine.

all new spares installed by Toyota dealership are normally covered by 12 months warranty.

cheers/Igor

hello again dear friends

i just want to inform u guys about the problem with my car ,after they found out that was the gasket problem in toyotas garage here in my country and long time my car was held inside and after a lot of contacts with toyota japan how to fix it they sent me a new engine from japan with dhl post and they install it here ,,,because i dont know what became and toyota from japan decides to sent me a new engine ,but here in toyotas cyprus garage they said to me that the engine has no quarantine anything happens to the engine and i really wonder if toyota agent here says the truth about this? CAN ANYONE PLEASE INFORM ME ?

thank guys for ur precious help

Are you concerned that they may not have really replaced the engine?

If so, do you have the original engine number so that you can check against the 'new' engine.

If it really is a new engine it should be covered by a guarantee from Toyota and you shouldn't worry. Just make sure you keep all paperwork.