Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Make Sure Your Doors Are Locked!

★★★★★™

Just a heads up for everyone thats locks their car doors with the key fobs.

There has been a few car burgalaries recently near where I live, and the the cars that have been robbed have showed no signs of forced entry. Everything from inside the cars have been stripped off. An incident happened where around 20-30 cars have been robbed in the same area within a few weeks.

I have a friend who is a PCSO who works in the area, and believes that these theives may be using some sort of jamming equipment, that stops the car from being locked when owners use their key fobs. That way the car alarm will not go off when forced into. So just make sure your doors are locked when you leave you car.

:)

DOH! Sorry, can a moderator please move this to the appropriate section.

Many thanks

Cheers but where do you live!? :P

I live in Manchester :lol:

From what my plastic copper mate has told me, alot of these car robberies go unreported, because the owners believe they forgot to lock their doors, and dont report them because they dont want to claim it on their insurance, because they would be liable and there would be no evidence to show that the car was locked.

Have heard of this being done before the remote code gets stored on some sort of receiver that can then be used the same as the remote, they can't take the car as they don't have the key hence everything going missing from inside the cars.

Think I remember reading/hearing that you can unlock your car via your Mobile :unsure:

If someone nearby had their phone on "Record" at the correct moment when the owner was using his fob, could he use the recording to open it at a later date ?

Am I being ridiculous ? :blush:

Think I remember reading/hearing that you can unlock your car via your Mobile unsure.gif

If someone nearby had their phone on "Record" at the correct moment when the owner was using his fob, could he use the recording to open it at a later date ?

Am I being ridiculous ? blush.gif

Yup ! yahoo.gif

Recording wouldn't do anything because it isn't sound waves that unlock the car. :)

TBH most alarms now use a rolling code any way so grabbing the code wont do anything.

the jammer though is possible but i always check that the indicators flash so i know its locked

Some cafe in the Lake District recently installed a wireless waitress order pad, a bit like a palm device for ordering your tea and sandwiches on. Then nobody in the High Street could lock their doors, seems like the wireless ordering system interfered with wireless central locking, the y changed the frequency and all went back to normal :eek: It was'nt April 1st either, some residents thought they were under attack from aliens.....Now that is freaky :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links