Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mandrel-bent Tubing

mcs

Any opinions on the performance advantages of Mandrel-Bent Tubing over OEM?

Take a minute to fill out a survey at: http://www.mcs-la.com/survey.html

The results will be shared with aftermarket manufacturers and installers to help decide what products make it to market.

If you have specific thoughts not covered by the survey, post them here.

Thanks.

Pete

CNC mandrel bent is better beacuse a constant diameter is maintained thorughout with smooth faces

OEM use cast rough edges and maybe welds in places also with sharp corners which cause turbulance within the pipe work

:thumbsup:

^^^ what he said :thumbsup: Also cast componants are more susceptable to localised heat build up :ffs:

CNC mandrel bent is better beacuse a constant diameter is maintained thorughout with smooth faces

OEM use cast rough edges and maybe welds in places also with sharp corners which cause turbulance within the pipe work

But in all reality, you'll never know the difference unless your squeezing every last bhp out of the engine.

It's mainy cosmetics for most.

in turbo applications cast manifolds tend to live longer as tubular ones tend to crack around the welds eventualy due to constant temperature changes

Where's all the all talk of manifolds coming from?? just looked at the survey and it's about exhaust tubing, bit of a naff survey aswell, as most OEM exhausts are mandrel bent anyway.

bit of a naff survey aswell, as most OEM exhausts are mandrel bent anyway.

Dunno what cars you've had mate.. most from my experiance are not! (all my toyotas were)

But in all reality, you'll never know the difference unless your squeezing every last bhp out of the engine.

It's mainy cosmetics for most.

thats true mine tends to give a feeling of better mid range

but looks damn sexy compared to the old piece of crap

So is the consensus that the difference between mandrel-bent pipe and conventional-bent pipe is only significant in race applications where the vehicle is pushed to the limit? Street performance benefits from m-bent pipe are mostly cosmetic? Pete

So is the consensus that the difference between mandrel-bent pipe and conventional-bent pipe is only significant in race applications where the vehicle is pushed to the limit? Street performance benefits from m-bent pipe are mostly cosmetic? Pete

Thats my opinion, but Joe Public have had their minds poisoned and will only buy Mandrel bent :rolleyes::eek: :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links