Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Ac Rattle?

stib

Hey.

I have a 2004 Avensis 2.0 vvt-i executive, mileage at 70000km.

A little while ago I noticed a klank sound/ rattle from the engine. The noise is only there when the engine is hot, and not possible to hear when the engine i cold, (the first 10-20 min after startup). I got my local Toyota to take a look at it, and they told me that the sound came from the ac compressor. They also removed the belt, and the noise was gone (i didn`t get the chance to hear this), so they concluded that it was the ac compressor.

I`ve read som posts here about some similar problems, and it seems to be the same thing, but this is my question: Did you only hear the noise when the engine was hot, and not cold? Shouldn`t I hear this noise regardless? The noise doesn`t go away when ac is turned of, and in reference of Toyota this was because the clutch is inside the ac on newer models so I will hear it regardless of the ac is on or off.

Can someone help me?

(sorry for my english, not native english speaking)

• 1 month later...

I had the same noise in my car. I took the car to the local dealer, they foud that the AC clutch was making the sound. They refilled with new gas and problems gone.

Take just 2 hours to complete the fault finding and fix the problem.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links