Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ae86 And Classic Toyota Chat

EircamAE86

Lets try and get some decent chat going for classic toyotas,

Ill start, what does everybody drive, what mods and what do you plan on doing????

Im 21 got my first car last year (ae86) after a very long search. Was really put off by all the dealers (some of whom had no clue about the car, some did), paid far too much but what else could i do????? anyway got the car and never looked back. Finishing college this year so planning the dream car. Gutting the car this summer, welding it all up, getting a wide arch kit from japan, new bling bling wheels and of co**** a 4agze. Will have to get a loan out as its goin to cost in the region of £8000. Not botherd though, what else can u get for that sort of money, maybe a half decent impreza. Id rather 200bhp + on the rear axle attatched to a seriously nice 86, what do you guys think??????????????

:thumbsup:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EircamAE86

• JT

• Treuno

• simply_sideways

WOW!, I like the sounds of your plans dude :)

I'm 23 got my Ae86 as my first car before I passed my test in June 2003. I knew nothing about cars, I really genuinely didn't (not that I know any better now ;) ) but the 86 has taught me a lot, and I managed, with the help of my good friends to get my car on the road and legal :)

The plans this year is to replace all the wings with fibreglass (all homemade) and put some new shocks, springs and get the car totally resprayed and sorted.

Need some SSR Mk II rims now ;)

It's all a learning process, and no doubt you are all thinking I was stupid for getting it... but I enjoyed it so far :)

Hi Eirecam!

I followed the link over - good site!

I'm 23 - first car is an Impreza turbo, its a lot of fun, but I am looking for an 86 atm to replace it with until I can get insured on an Evo6.

Its a bit of a project right now - but will keep you posted as to how the serch goes.

d

ok, well ive got an '85 AE82 Twincam

i bought it in April last year (when i was 16) after looking at various cars for about a month (i had a shortlist :D ). i payed too much for it, but it was the straightest one ive seen - one 81 year old owner from new, 93k, full toyota service hist, completely standard, all old MOTs, bills for absolutely every bit of work ever carried out - i mean Wiper Blades and wash/wax!

since then, ive put it through a light restoration. i had the windscreen taken out, as rust has just started to bubble along the edge of the roof, and i didn't want it to get bad. i had the same done with the sunroof panel, so they resprayed the roof. i also had the front bumper and bodykit repainted, as the paint had worn thin. i replaced the windscreen scuttle panel with a brand new one (it had rusted) and replaced 3 wheelarch extensions (they had warped). ive done loads of other little bits as well, like the pinstripe & numberplates, and touching things up here & there. the car now has NO rust (not that it had much to start with). i put it through an MOT, which it passed and has never been welded!

i plan to fit a set of 17" AZ alloys soon (if they'll go on), and ive just bought a cd player for it. before it goes back on the road it's gonna have a new set of rear discs and pads (and after looking at them today, probably front ones as well :angry: ), a new Battery and a full service. (ive already replaced the middle & rear exhaust sections). now i just need to pass my test! :D

look forward to seeing more of your cars! :thumbsup:

I used to have an AE86 on a D 87 silver over grey, nice cars but I prefere the AE92,s just sold it to purchase the 4 X 4

Won't mind an other AE82 though

People, ive got a couple of bits lying around that i could do with shifting,

AE86 steering rack with all the bits ( ball joints, wish bone thingys), Ecu, trottle cable oh ya and 3 (yes 3) 15" OZ saturns with v good tyres to fit an AE86, as seen below

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/gallery/al...heels.sized.jpg

I will be sound with anone who is willing to take the lot off my hands ASAP, there might be some other bits lying around that I can throw in. Dont know what the story with getting a 4th rim is as I have bearly tried (too busy, 3rd year in college), will make enquiries about getting the 4th rim.

Will have to collect (too busy to accommadate)............Doncaster gt.coupe@talk21.com or post below :thumbsup:

genuine enthusiasts only please

I'v totaly falen for AE86!!! I search the internet here in my contry Norway and found only one!!! And that was imported. I wondered if it is easyer to find one over seas at you guys, even if I don't like the steering weel on the other side. (we got in on the left side here) :P

err lol.

Im Scot, and am 23. Ive had my car for 3yrs and is still my first car after i passed my test.

Done a few mods, mainly engine wise - like boring and stroking, with still a few to go.

Ok so heres my update then. Just fitted an new oil cooler to keep things cool, but its not really working to well, so im gonna have to fit an alloy radiator, or get a tranny rad to fit... somthing like that.

Just about to order uprated springs, adjustable panhard rod, and uprated anti rollbars.

Also looking at ajustable camber plates to get rid of that understeer.

Also just gotten fibreglass front wings, and am gonna fit wide arches on them, then i want to get a toysport front spoiler, then a respray.

Then TURBO or V8 power!!!!!

Ok so heres my update then. Just fitted an new oil cooler to keep things cool, but its not really working to well, so im gonna have to fit an alloy radiator, or get a tranny rad to fit... somthing like that.

Just about to order uprated springs, adjustable panhard rod, and uprated anti rollbars.

Also just gotten fibreglass front wings, and am gonna fit wide arches on them, then i want to get a toysport front spoiler, then a respray.

Photo's need photo's

last i saw was the ones of the new piston's :thumbsup:

How rude of me :P

I'm tony, 26, had lots of different cars, two memorable ones were a toyota corolla G6 (very nice 6 speed gearbox) and nissan primera GT (very fast q car).

Now got the beast..... Celica RA40 XT in need of some love.

I have bought some 4-pot calipers from a volvo and I'm going to adapt them. Will lower the car soon (does anyone know any suppliers of lowered springs?) and possibly fit an 18rg.

err lol.

Im Scot, and am 23. Ive had my car for 3yrs and is still my first car after i passed my test.

Done a few mods, mainly engine wise - like boring and stroking, with still a few to go.

Can I marry your car?, I really feel it's for the best :D

Love to see some new pics of it, always drool when I see :drool:

well, there arnt really any new pics, there are some in the gallery if u wanna look.

Just got a new exhuast though, sounds pretty good, with no mid box etc.

hachi-roku: lol, thanks mate.

Kp30 tony: how about your location mate, its always helpfull if u stick it in with ur avatar, or smilie face.

www.jon44w.com under the toyota galley if you want to see ae86s in ireland.

P.S these are the ones that are making the big money not the scrap that dealers are trying to flog this side of the water :thumbsup:

hi im 20 got my 86 last june after looking for a year everyday on auto trader watching the prices rise!(previous cars were mr2 mk1 and ae92 gti) but unbelivably igot a clean unmodified one for a vgood price!!!

since then the student lone has been spent fully on it and overdrafts maxed out!! but who can say no to a 86!!

im well up for any 86 meets and glad i found this forum as getting parts is a !Removed! and no one knows what it is!

spec:

koni adjustables

pi springs

janspeed manifold

ashley system

driving lamps

snap off steering wheel

mr2 mk1 gear nob

sparco rev bucket

sparco harness

custom subframe

custom rear strut brace

custom front strut brace (three point)

shift light

black diamond grooved disks

k&n induction (and custom heat shield)

modified head (cams etc)

theres still plenty to go! but driving it is definatly the best part!

if any ones interested in the custom parts let me know as the guy who made them for me is pretty reasonable i can email pics!

any one in the west london area check out jap night at ace cafe hanger lane first tues of every month it would be great to see an old school toyota cru there

good luck to anyone modifying their car for fast road use!

Hi my names Jay I have spoken to a few of you on club4ag before but this is a bit closer to home. I got an AE86 about 18 moths ago and took it apart it was gold now its white changed nearly everything on the car spent more than I like to think about. All I need to do now is finish it and get it back on the road.

heres some pics http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/gze86jay/lst...&.src=ph&.view=

Jay

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links