EircamAE86

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Toyota Model: AE86 Levin

Posted 20 February 2004 - 02:40 PM

Lets try and get some decent chat going for classic toyotas,

Ill start, what does everybody drive, what mods and what do you plan on doing????

Im 21 got my first car last year (ae86) after a very long search. Was really put off by all the dealers (some of whom had no clue about the car, some did), paid far too much but what else could i do????? anyway got the car and never looked back. Finishing college this year so planning the dream car. Gutting the car this summer, welding it all up, getting a wide arch kit from japan, new bling bling wheels and of co**** a 4agze. Will have to get a loan out as its goin to cost in the region of 8000. Not botherd though, what else can u get for that sort of money, maybe a half decent impreza. Id rather 200bhp + on the rear axle attatched to a seriously nice 86, what do you guys think??????????????

:thumbsup:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 hachi-roku

hachi-roku

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Toyota Model: Levin AE86 (with added rust)

Posted 20 February 2004 - 03:07 PM

WOW!, I like the sounds of your plans dude :)

I'm 23 got my Ae86 as my first car before I passed my test in June 2003. I knew nothing about cars, I really genuinely didn't (not that I know any better now ;) ) but the 86 has taught me a lot, and I managed, with the help of my good friends to get my car on the road and legal :)

The plans this year is to replace all the wings with fibreglass (all homemade) and put some new shocks, springs and get the car totally resprayed and sorted.

Need some SSR Mk II rims now ;)

It's all a learning process, and no doubt you are all thinking I was stupid for getting it... but I enjoyed it so far :)

#3 EircamAE86

EircamAE86

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 03:20 PM

hachi rocku: did i see a picture of your car somewhere with 15" speedlines on it?

#4 initial_d

initial_d

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Toyota Model: trying to get an 86!

Posted 20 February 2004 - 06:20 PM

Hi Eirecam!

I followed the link over - good site!

I'm 23 - first car is an Impreza turbo, its a lot of fun, but I am looking for an 86 atm to replace it with until I can get insured on an Evo6.

Its a bit of a project right now - but will keep you posted as to how the serch goes.

d

#5 JT

JT

Guru Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Toyota Model: '87 Corolla GT Twincam

Posted 20 February 2004 - 09:55 PM

ok, well ive got an '85 AE82 Twincam

i bought it in April last year (when i was 16) after looking at various cars for about a month (i had a shortlist :D ). i payed too much for it, but it was the straightest one ive seen - one 81 year old owner from new, 93k, full toyota service hist, completely standard, all old MOTs, bills for absolutely every bit of work ever carried out - i mean wiper blades and wash/wax!

since then, ive put it through a light restoration. i had the windscreen taken out, as rust has just started to bubble along the edge of the roof, and i didn't want it to get bad. i had the same done with the sunroof panel, so they resprayed the roof. i also had the front bumper and bodykit repainted, as the paint had worn thin. i replaced the windscreen scuttle panel with a brand new one (it had rusted) and replaced 3 wheelarch extensions (they had warped). ive done loads of other little bits as well, like the pinstripe & numberplates, and touching things up here & there. the car now has NO rust (not that it had much to start with). i put it through an MOT, which it passed and has never been welded!

i plan to fit a set of 17" AZ alloys soon (if they'll go on), and ive just bought a cd player for it. before it goes back on the road it's gonna have a new set of rear discs and pads (and after looking at them today, probably front ones as well :angry: ), a new battery and a full service. (ive already replaced the middle & rear exhaust sections). now i just need to pass my test! :D

look forward to seeing more of your cars! :thumbsup:

#6 EircamAE86

EircamAE86

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 11:15 AM

Nice 1 JT, give us a shout if you need any help/advise, in no expert but might be able to give u a hand

#7 ash4197

ash4197

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Toyota Model: Toyota LandCruiser Colorado VX 3.0 TD

Posted 23 February 2004 - 12:36 PM

I used to have an AE86 on a D 87 silver over grey, nice cars but I prefere the AE92,s just sold it to purchase the 4 X 4

Won't mind an other AE82 though

#8 EircamAE86

EircamAE86

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 02:15 PM

Have a look at this irish site,
http://www.skynet.ie/~eireae86
the mint ae86 in gallery 6 is for sale, ive seen it in the flesh, its unbelievably clean, total rebuild. Practically a new car
click on the black rolla to get to gallerys

#9 EircamAE86

EircamAE86

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 07:06 PM

People, ive got a couple of bits lying around that i could do with shifting,
AE86 steering rack with all the bits ( ball joints, wish bone thingys), Ecu, trottle cable oh ya and 3 (yes 3) 15" OZ saturns with v good tyres to fit an AE86, as seen below
http://www.toyotaown...heels.sized.jpg
I will be sound with anone who is willing to take the lot off my hands ASAP, there might be some other bits lying around that I can throw in. Dont know what the story with getting a 4th rim is as I have bearly tried (too busy, 3rd year in college), will make enquiries about getting the 4th rim.
Will have to collect (too busy to accommadate)............Doncaster gt.coupe@talk21.com or post below :thumbsup:

genuine enthusiasts only please

#10 JT

JT

Guru Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Toyota Model: '87 Corolla GT Twincam

Posted 23 February 2004 - 08:46 PM

cheers eircam :thumbsup:

got any more pics of your motor? looks like a clean 'un! :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users