Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Falken T110 Tyres V Bridgestone Dueler D687's

Ady-Rav4

We have a RAV4.1 which is running on Bridgestone Dueler D687's. Although some owners say these tyres are crap, our experience with them have been very good. they even coped very well in last winters Derbyshire snow. I'm going to need 2 new tyres soon. The Falken T110s are catching my eye, they are cheaper and the tread looks very similar to our Bridgestones. I could save £41.94 on 2 tyres between them both. Has anyone had doings with the Falken T110's? Wot do ya think, T110's or Duelers? :unsure:

We have a RAV4.1 which is running on Bridgestone Dueler D687's. Although some owners say these tyres are crap, our experience with them have been very good. they even coped very well in last winters Derbyshire snow. I'm going to need 2 new tyres soon. The Falken T110s are catching my eye, they are cheaper and the tread looks very similar to our Bridgestones. I could save £41.94 on 2 tyres between them both. Has anyone had doings with the Falken T110's? Wot do ya think, T110's or Duelers? :unsure:

I use Falkens on my racing RAV. Different tread, but an excellent tyre. My experience with Bridgestone on other cars has meant I wouldn't take them even if they were free.

My local independent tyre shop has also recommended the Falken LA T110 tyres. Can anyone comment (good or bad) on them before I splash out on 4 new tyres?

Thanks Anchorman. Is there a particular allround tyre that you would recommend for the RAV?

My experience with Bridgestone on other cars has meant I wouldn't take them even if they were free.

Totally agree on Bridgestones, had them originally on my Scooby, totally useless, nor run Vredesteins on both the Scooby and the Rav.

Good tyres but hard to come by and not always that cheap.

TBH I didn't really have an issue with Bridgestone 687s but this new one has got Yokohama Geolanders on and the road noise is very low. I personally would stick to the premium brands. I had a contact who did brake approvals for RDW (Dutch equivelant of TUV) and finished his working life on tyre approvals. He said that the best all round tyres came from Japan and Korea.

• 2 weeks later...

TBH I didn't really have an issue with Bridgestone 687s but this new one has got Yokohama Geolanders on and the road noise is very low. I personally would stick to the premium brands. I had a contact who did brake approvals for RDW (Dutch equivelant of TUV) and finished his working life on tyre approvals. He said that the best all round tyres came from Japan and Korea.

Thanks Anchs for that reply. I've actually now seen on the web some Yokohamas that I'm getting excited about! These would be the Geolander GO12 AT+S.post-61378-127369467358_thumb.jpg They look like a good all-rounder.

most of you know that we had two rav4s. on the 5 drs we had dunlop tires and on the 3drs we have those Bridgestone tires. so we are be able to compare them i must say that i'm not in a favour of thise Bridgestone tires. very noisy and more bumpy on bad roads. so when we have to change these tires on the 3drs it will not be Bridgestone tires.

can't comment on the falken tires as i never had them fitted.